Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 15 of 172 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: THe wonderful what are you listening to thread

Quote Originally Posted by TurbulentTurtle View Post
    Good fella?
    Like, "good" fella? Kinda saying it like, "you're a "good" guy."?
    yeah, like, "You're gonna like this guy. He's a good fella. He's one of us...." awesome movie, but that's for anotehr thread. lol!!

IncGamers Member TurbulentTurtle's Avatar

Oh my brother loves that movie to bits. My brother is a fan of old school movies, or just really underground ones that few people have heard of/seen.

Charlotte Martin. WOW. im really diggin her and i only listened to this ONE song from back in high skool (Spring Show 2005). i really like her stuff. so, does that mean i have been wrong about Norah Jones all this time? lol, idk if this is even in the same category/genre of music, but it's nice and soothing. :grin:

"You think I'm funny?! Like funny how? Am I just here to amuse you?!"

A lot of the "intra-metal" conflict revolves around vocals. Some people love extreme vocals and HATE melodic vocals, and some people love melodic vocals and HATE extreme vocals. I think most people are in the middle or just lean one way or another, but some folks just have an agenda with it. I lean toward melodic, but like both and can do both myself. For the record, melodic vox are harder. My thing is I just don't care for hardcore vocals at all. To each their own, but that's not for me.

@Dredd: Right on, man! I've still got my long hair and am in the process of starting MY own business with my brother! \m/

I call your long hair and raise you a beard! FEAR THE BEARD!!

I agree that melodic vocals are definitely harder than death vocals, which isn't to say that death vocals are easy by any standard. They're different vocal types and it's hard to make a proper comparison.
    I like both, so I listen to bands with both clean and death vocals (bands that do it WELL) such as Into Eternity, Unexpect and others that I can't think of right now.

I agree 100% with you about hardcore/metalcore vocals. Something about it just seems like a dude yelling and not really growling. I'm not a big fan of this new type of metal all the teenage kids are getting into nowadays, the songs are set up almost identically and it just seems like whichever song is the fastest, is the newest flavour of the month.
    The part that makes me laugh is always the "heavy" slow breakdown in the middle of the song that's supposed to be oh so headbangingly awesome and makes all the hardcore kids go, "yeah yeah! Cool man! This is sooo metal! \m/" but it just seems laughable that this type of slowing down is deemed heavy by today's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    "You think I'm funny?! Like funny how? Am I just here to amuse you?!"

A lot of the "intra-metal" conflict revolves around vocals. Some people love extreme vocals and HATE melodic vocals, and some people love melodic vocals and HATE extreme vocals. I think most people are in the middle or just lean one way or another, but some folks just have an agenda with it. I lean toward melodic, but like both and can do both myself. For the record, melodic vox are harder. My thing is I just don't care for hardcore vocals at all. To each their own, but that's not for me.

@Dredd: Right on, man! I've still got my long hair and am in the process of starting MY own business with my brother! \m/

I call your long hair and raise you a beard! FEAR THE BEARD!!
    how long is your beard? are you guys Vikings now? lol.... that'd be hawt. XD

Quote Originally Posted by TurbulentTurtle View Post
    I agree that melodic vocals are definitely harder than death vocals, which isn't to say that death vocals are easy by any standard. They're different vocal types and it's hard to make a proper comparison.
    I like both, so I listen to bands with both clean and death vocals (bands that do it WELL) such as Into Eternity, Unexpect and others that I can't think of right now.

I agree 100% with you about hardcore/metalcore vocals. Something about it just seems like a dude yelling and not really growling. I'm not a big fan of this new type of metal all the teenage kids are getting into nowadays, the songs are set up almost identically and it just seems like whichever song is the fastest, is the newest flavour of the month.
    The part that makes me laugh is always the "heavy" slow breakdown in the middle of the song that's supposed to be oh so headbangingly awesome and makes all the hardcore kids go, "yeah yeah! Cool man! This is sooo metal! \m/" but it just seems laughable that this type of slowing down is deemed heavy by today's standards.
    dude, this sounds like those "scremo" bands or whatever. haha! some of the music i like may fall into that, but.... i hope not. hehe! i hate a constant gutteral sound. Cannibal Corpse? nuh-uh. i like something with melody or a mix of the two.

right now, i have the radio on. it's Pearl Jam, "Black."

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    dude, this sounds like those "scremo" bands or whatever. haha! some of the music i like may fall into that, but.... i hope not. hehe!
    Screamo. ^_^

I never even heard of the stuff until our beloved Mistress of the Spin Kick told me everything I needed (or cared) to know some time back. Maybe you'll find this as amusing as I did:

Quote Originally Posted by Qbi
    cause they're all like "CUT MY THROAT!!! SHE BLED FROM THE BANISTER!!! GET THE **** AWAY FROM MEEEEE!!! BLAHHHHH!! RAWWWWRRRR!!!"

but, there are some screamo bands which are more like, "IM CAUGHT HERE IN A FIERY BLAZE!! AND I CAN'T FIND MY WILL TO STAY!! I TRAVEL THROUGH THE NIGHT, STRAYING FROM THE WILL TO FIGHT!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    Screamo. ^_^

I never even heard of the stuff until our beloved Mistress of the Spin Kick told me everything I needed (or cared) to know some time back. Maybe you'll find this as amusing as I did:

lol, i did!! XD i have listened to some bands that are like that. lol!

I miss Al.... I sent her that PM when you told me to, Dredd. But I guess nothing came of it.

Leo: I'll show you some wicked bands with death vocals and wicked melodies. Equilibrium, Norther, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy (kinda I guess, their riffs are pretty awesome), Carach Angren, Enslavement of Beauty, Tvangeste, Cthonic, Seraphim, Finntroll, Agathodaimon, Into Eternity, Blackguard, Stormlord, Vesperian Sorrow, Thundra, Cryptic Wintermoon....
    I'm probably forgetting a lot....

it's cool, hun! i look forward to it, but i also meant a melodic voice. if it's both guttural and signing, im cool. if it's all singing, im cool. a constant guttural sound and it's like that for the whole song kind turns me off. melodic song is nice too. i think i may be into more gloom metal, but im not sure. anything that catches my ear i like!