Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 139 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1713
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: The wonderful what are you listening to thread

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    I believe it's unavoidable nowadays. However, she's certainly got the pipes to do without it.

Another one who doesn't rely on it is K.T. Tunstall:

Practically a one-woman band.
    I hate that song.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    I hate that song.
    Whatever for? Because it gets in your head on one of those endless mental loops?

I was SO pleased that the Newtown massacre influenced the media to yank Ke%ha's "Die Young" or whatever the feck it's called. I didn't hate it quite as much before I saw the music video, which was outright appalling. I was to the point that I dared not listen to my son's pop musak station during my morning drive lest that filth get in my brain.

This and few beers.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Just tripped over this tonight:

Which led to this:

I was rocked

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Whatever for? Because it gets in your head on one of those endless mental loops?

I was SO pleased that the Newtown massacre influenced the media to yank Ke%ha's "Die Young" or whatever the feck it's called. I didn't hate it quite as much before I saw the music video, which was outright appalling. I was to the point that I dared not listen to my son's pop musak station during my morning drive lest that filth get in my brain.
    Yes and it is a tad bit too country for my tastes. Then again, i've been listening to old country lately; i.e, Reba and Dolly from the 80s, Crystal Gayle, and Skeeter Davis (is that her name?). I think it's the Trees having an effect on me.

I heard about that too. The video is worse than the song? That's possible? She has a horribad voice. Even with the autotuning she still sounds completely drunk out of her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    I heard about that too. The video is worse than the song? That's possible?
    I guess she was trying to make an homage to the trash-vampire Tarantino flick From Dusk 'Till Dawn, which I recall was a somewhat guilty pleasure. So it must not have been trashy enough, and she loaded it with Satanic subliminals and pics of her semi-nude.

Or more succinctly, Yup. It's possible.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

So Nice

Posted it twice

that Odyssey

Surprised ill.bell teamed up with the LiLac crew, but it was really good.
    Last edited by Pixie; 06-01-2013 at 20:06.

Old school.

Dear Resident Metalheads: Around the time the nu-metal stuff (think Slipknot, Korn, SOAD, etc) started making waves, I seriously stopped paying attention to what was going on in the metal scene (I found other genres more interesting). Surely I missed some great new(er) bands and albums from 2000-present. I'd really appreciate some recs.

I've spent a good week trying to update and revise my music library. I've got songs with crappy bit rates, tags with no info, missing album covers, albums with missing songs, crap I should have deleted years ago, and so on. This isn't the first (and I doubt it will be the last) time I've attempted this, but there's always so much that needs fixin' that I tend to give up after awhile.

Anyway, I'm working on the M's, so I guess I'll share some Misfits. They have one of the most infuriatingly complicated discographies of any band ever. The Danzig era stuff is pure awesomeness though, so the misery of sorting through it all is worth it.

If I had a theme song, this would definitely be it:

It was hard to find the "Static Age" version of this song on youtube, but I managed. It's about Patty Hearst (if you care):

I was introduced to Misfits waaaaaaay back in '87 thanks to Metallica's cover of this song - which they smashed together with 'Green Hell'. They did a great job with 'Green Hell' but 'Last Caress' was horrible (ditto for 'Die, Die My Darling' on "Garage Inc").

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie
    Think of the finger dexterity for uh, stuff. yeah.
    "Stuff" like... flamenco on your ribs, which I think is appropriate payback for the days I spent with "BIG! BANG!" stuck in my head.