Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Blade Fury Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by maxicek View Post
    Set items can't be ethereal. But it's an interesting weapon choice non the less.
    I was afraid of that. Non-ethereal shaves about 1k off the Demon/Undead damage total, so not quite as impressive.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceramic Weasel View Post
    You'd rarely hit high defense characters with BF, even with Angelics.
    I don't know if you meant only for his setup, but I often use BF against high defense Paladins while they're locked up from stun. It's a good way to apply OWs from afar.

IncGamers Member

This is not a Furysin guide. The equipment I listed in that demonstration was just that. A demonstration of how to get over 10k Blade Fury. I expect an actual build will use different gear. Though, for armor, Fortitude is the only thing I would consider using, ladder or not.
    I hope that wasn't directed towards PvP.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by aoaa View Post
    I don't know if you meant only for his setup, but I often use BF against high defense Paladins while they're locked up from stun. It's a good way to apply OWs from afar.
    I use BF on my Ghost sometimes just to get people to move. Smiters mostly. The hit rate is crap, and it locks me in place, but when they're not taking the offensive these things don't really matter, and like you say, I can (eventually) deliver OW.

I don't believe a pure Furysin is viable for PvP, however, since even with heaps of AR gear (Fool's claw, Angelics, Visionary) you're not going to get much more than 6-7k AR. This will make it difficult to hit high defense characters unless they're running, in which case you really don't want to be going through BF's long windup and getting locked in place. LLD is the possible exception to this.

Of course, I could be wrong. I've never really tried it. But again, this isn't a Furysin guide, just an analysis of the skill with a view to maximizing it's damage. Hence, Fortitude.

BattleTag Sass-1761

I don't believe a pure Furysin is viable for PvP.
    Ever seen a beached whale?

And he meant fort not for pvp. BF maybe, but it's....strange....but oddly effective.

IncGamers Member

I've already done some calculations for this based on onderduiker's tests. Using the same equipment as the 10k Furysin example, a level 40 Sentinel should do 6,347 damage. While I haven't tested it myself, onderduiker's tests show that it does use AR, but unlike BF, it gets the +%AR boost from CM.

Also, as you said, it has a 25 frame nextdelay, so its damage potential is further reduced. I suppose the optimal use for it would be against tightly packed groups of monsters, with a long enough path so that it takes at least 1 second to complete a circuit. I think I'd rather max out Death Sentry.
    I was thinking more of a pure blade sentinel focused build (even though it forecloses the use of death sentry, to some extent) at the exclusion of blade fury.

A setup like...
    Fury Eth Claw w/ +3 (if that's possible) or +3 traps +3 sentinel claw
    Fort armor
    Pheonix shield (won't proc firestorm)
    Gore riders
    CoA w/ 2x 40% ed jewels (or +3 traps w/ 2x 40% ed jewels circlet)
    Highlords Ammy.

I guess maybe it's still entirely pointless, but I wonder how it would work in general.

Also, How would Lance Guard w/ 40% ed jewel stack up to Tiamats w/ 40% ed jewel and 80% ed Mosers? (assuming you aren't Deadly Strike capped)

IncGamers Member

Perhaps not entirely pointless. The ability to use Phoenix is a redeeming (pun not intended) quality of Blade Sentinel. With the above setup, 175/90 str/dex, a lvl 87 Might merc, and lvl 40 BS (probably requires an inventory full of Trap GCs), we get the following:

Stats Bonus = 1.98
    Lvl 40 Blade Sentinel = 181 avg
    Lvl 28 Claw Mastery = +143%
    Lvl 27 Might (Merc) = +300%
    Fortitude = +300%
    Phoenix = +400%
    Jewels = +80%
    Chance of double damage = 22+(1-22/100)*(33+33+15) = 85%

Weapon Half = 219.5 * (1 + 1.98 + (300+400+80+300+143) / 100) * 1.85 * 0.375 ~= 2316
    Blade Sentinel Half = 181 * (1 + 1.98 + (300+400+80+300+143) / 100) * 1.85 ~= 5093

Total damage per Blade Sentinel = 7,409

That, of course, is subject to 25 frame nextdelay and a 2 second casting delay. Not that impressive against a single target, but against groups it could still work.

A Jah'ed upgraded ethereal Heastriker should be pretty sweet... My question is: How does it do damage wise?

whats your take on an edestructionDemblade?

*edit* ahh i didnt think of the reduced dmg from CTC's procing.

So deadly strike is important. What's the best weapon if you can't afford eDeath zerker?