Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Blade Fury Analysis

Another alternative might be a high damage Fool's claw, combined with a Visionary (+1-99%AR) helm/circlet, but I haven't tried this yet.
    I got both so Id be interested in results(43 Str,19 Dex that should add some to damage right?) ,I need to rebuild my Bladesin.

IncGamers Member

>All variable effects on the weapons (specifically damage)
    >were set at maximum, and in the case of runewords a >further +15%ed was added for the superior base weapon

I know this is a pain, but shouldnt you use Average damage and not Maximum damage to make these calculations?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by renegademaster View Post
    I know this is a pain, but shouldnt you use Average damage and not Maximum damage to make these calculations?
    I thought about this, but it has it's problems.

Firstly, it's much easier to get max damage dupewords than max damage on difficult-to-find uniques, since you can just Hel and remake. In fact, I know several people who burn dozens of HRs remaking the same runeword in the same superior base weapon until it gets a high damage roll (even I've done this a few times).

Second, I didn't want any ambiguity about the results because such-and-such a weapon has a much higher maximum and would therefore be better than the maximum of another weapon, etc. To be honest I'm regretting posting the list as it is.

Now that I've confirmed the damage equation, it's much easier to make comparisons with that.

IncGamers Member

2 things

1.) You only specified 1 ring - 2 of those then?

2.) What armor? I was thinking Jeweler's Archon Plate of Something...

Banned

Hah. Interestingly, I was the one who penned that update for the arreat summit that you mention. I'm currently using a Bladesin on east/ladder, using the following setup from a guide I read:

Ethereal Chaos Suwayyah
    Fortitude Armor (enigma switch)
    Phoenix Monarch
    Guillaimes, Cham'd
    Angelics rings / ammy
    Trang's Gloves
    Arachnid Mesh
    Gore Riders
    9x Trap Skillers
    Torch/Anni/Cta

I'm not sure how chaos stacks up vs fury; its 33% DS against 40% more overall weapon damage & 400 magic damage.

I've been using it strictly as a PvP char; I've found I can 1 or 2 hit many characters, killing even good hammerdins in 3-4 hits often. Personally I opted for a build that emphasized the damage on Blade Sentinel as well as Blade Fury, maxing that out too (its nice for town guard).

Another neat bonus from all of our meddling with this build is that Bladesins also make an extremely potent VLLD character, being able to pull about 160 or 200 average damage per blade sentinel at levels 9 & 12, respectively. And as a vlld tiger strike might only get 700 average damage on a fully charged hit, thats a very potent amount of damage. Especially combined with psychic hammer knockback & such.

IncGamers Member

I just went mad and LOLOed these,theyre not eth but I dont think Im going to get better anytime soon.Not sure how they compare to the 2 RWs but style points and all that jazz.

Scissors Suwayyah(upped from Scissors Katar L76 now)
    270% ed
    AR per lvl
    MD per lvl
    7% ML
    13 Str
    2 sockets

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reelix View Post
    2 things
    1.) You only specified 1 ring - 2 of those then?
    2.) What armor? I was thinking Jeweler's Archon Plate of Something..
    This is not a Furysin guide. The equipment I listed in that demonstration was just that. A demonstration of how to get over 10k Blade Fury. I expect an actual build will use different gear. Though, for armor, Fortitude is the only thing I would consider using, ladder or not.

Quote Originally Posted by claniraq View Post
    I've been using it strictly as a PvP char; I've found I can 1 or 2 hit many characters, killing even good hammerdins in 3-4 hits often.
    You'd rarely hit high defense characters with BF, even with Angelics.

This is pretty groundbreaking for such an old game. Thanks for the work.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    This is pretty groundbreaking for such an old game. Thanks for the work.
    These tests have been done before, by onderduiker at the very least, so the information has been out there. I'm not sure whether anyone thought it was capable of this much damage, though. Even I was surprised when I managed to hit 10k.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kavlor View Post
    I got both so Id be interested in results(43 Str,19 Dex that should add some to damage right?) ,I need to rebuild my Bladesin.
    How's this coming along kavlor? Any opinions yet on how Fool's + Visionary works out for hit rates with no ITD?