Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

How do I defeat Diablo? He kills me and my team in 1 hit.

Hello all.

I am a level 28 druid. These are my most notable skills, the ones I use.
    Summon dire wolf, level 8
    Transform to werewolf, level 9
    Transform to werebear, level 5 (I dont use werebear anymore)
    Lycanthropy, level 6

Dexterity - 44
    Strength - 81
    Vitality- 73
    Energy - 24

These below are all when im a werewolf, cause I always am one
    Attack rating - 561
    Damage - 81 - 121
    Defense - 282
    Life - 482.

I have a mage from the kurast level, he is level 27 and has cold spells. He has a high defense, he has all the same armour as me.

Then I summon 3 dire wolves aswell.

I can open all the diablo seals, but as soon as diablo spawns, boom, dead.
    He kills my army in less than 10 seconds, and I have to retreat. Im sick of resurrecting the mage.
    Any tips on how to defeat him or are my levels to low? Should I wait till I can summon a grizzly?

Where at the best places to level up? Everyone suggest baal runs, but I havent beaten baal yet, I'm still trying to kill diablo. They also say cows, where are they
    Any tips on this are appreciated.

BattleTag Smips-1492

Re: How do I defeat Diablo? He kills me and my team in 1 hit.

Your skills placement is less than ideal, but I'll just ignore that for the time.

What does your gear look like? What players setting are you on? If I had to guess, you probably need a better weapon, more leech, and some resistances. You can't really rely on summons to kill Diablo in Normal, they usually bite the dust from his high damage. Also, I'd use an Act 2 merc rather than Act 3. The auras can be useful.

I imagine that your resistances are pretty low (Fire being the main priority, followed by Lightning.) It is possible to level up to 30 to get your summon, but most summons are very weak against Normal Diablo.
    The positive is that Diablo won't heal, so if you can get small chunks off his life, he will eventually fall.

The cows are in Act 1, AFTER you've defeated Baal - then you can get access to the Cow Level, so that isn't an option yet.

If you list your gear, we can probably provide some easy low level alternatives to help you out.
    For example, a Strength (Amn+Tir) in a two socket weapon will help with Crushing Blow, or Black (Thul+Io+Nef) in something like a Flail may help as well.
    Rhyme shield (Shael+Eth) will boost your resists by 25%, giving you a decent boost to survival against Diablo's attacks. Alternatively, a Shield with 2 Perfect Diamonds will give 38% resist all, another good boost, but lacks Rhyme's 'Cannot Be Frozen.'

I too would go for an Act 2 merc (Prayer) for Normal, however, he won't really last against Diablo for too long either.

As you're still early game, I'd suggest taking a look at Druid's in the Mat/Pat/Guardian thread (stickied,) and looking for a build you may like. Summons or Shapeshifting, as he's currently looking like a misshaped build (we've all had a few of these, so don't worry too much.)

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

What is it that diablo does that kills you? Presumably its his lightning hose, this is deadly mostly because 50% of its damage is physical which you probably have little to no resistances against. You best bet is getting some life leech and increase your damage. You could run river of flame at /players 8 to get some more experience, put points into strength for more damage, use perfect skulls in weapons for leech. Forget about resurrecting your merc at this point, you need much better gear - that will come later.

IncGamers Member

Hi all.

Some things I have no idea what you guys mean. As you guessed, my resistances are all 0. I just choose the best defensive things I can get my hands on. Here are my armour and weapons -
    Massive maul of craftmanship. 44 - 63 damage. 50% damage to undead.

Armour

Helm - Strong crown of balance , defense 61. 10% faster hit recovery
    Amulet - Amulet of Centuar - 21+ to life
    Body plate - Glorious plate mail - defense 168
    Gloves - Strong Light gauntlets of self repair. Defense 16
    Belt - Gold plated belt of equilburim, defense 16, 10% faster hit recovery
    Boots - Strong greaves, defense 22
    Ring - Angelic halo. 22 + life, 6% replenish life
    Ring - Wraith master - 19% to attack rating, 1% to light radius, Damage reduced by 1.

By act 2 mercinary I assume you mean the desert guys, what weapon should I give him? Any 2 handed pole arm? I cannot find any that do good damage, also, which one should i get? offensive, defensive or the other one, I forget the name at this point

BattleTag Smips-1492

The thing you need to keep in mind is that defense in D2 is pretty much useless. It would be much better to have armor with a defense rating of 2 that has some resists than to have armor with a defense rating of 1000 with no resists. For your mercs polearm, you can buy a belt, staff, and kris, then cube them with any form of a diamond(chipped, flawed, ect) to roll a good polearm for him.

Edit: I'd go with a Prayer merc, which is an Act 2 Combat merc I believe.

Another thing you can try is running Mephisto for some sets/uniques. That should give you some better chances at taking down Diablo.

I imagine the Maul is a very slow weapon, so that may limit your damage. Those 'Black,' 'Strength,' and 'Rhyme,' are all Runewords, made by inserting runes into socketed items in a specific order. The runes for these items can be obtained from the Countess in Act 1 fairly quickly.
    Defense is highly overrated, and most of your defensive gear should be things that increase resistances and give life/life leach.

Act 2 mercs are the desert guys, and the highest damage polearm/spear is what you give these guys. At the early stage, little else matters. I would go with an Act 2 "Combat" one, who (should) give you Prayer and constant health.

A way to get a decent polearm for this guy is to place
    1 chipped diamond,
    1 'belt' from Akara (specific belt, not 'light belt'/'sash'),
    1 'kris' from Akara
    and the cheapest staff from drognon
    into the Horodric Cube and transmute.

This recipe will give you a Savage Polearm, and can do some decent damage. Other options are Pikes (although slow, they do give good damage.)

On your equipment - errr, most of those items are doing nothing for your character. Look for items with '+% to Cold/Fire/Lightning resist,' '+life,' '+life leach.' These items will help you so much more than items that give more defense.

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

Act 2 mercs:
    Combat: Prayer (healing)
    Defensive: Defiance (defence booster)
    Offensive: Blessed Aim (attack rating booster)

What you are looking for is a Lochaber Axe for this merc. You might want to spend charsi's imbue quest to make it a rare item. I would choose the offensive merc for you. A 2 handed weapon is your problem at this point because you have no shield which can boost your resistances.

Go and collect 1 perfect gem of each type, put all 6 of them in your cube with an amulet and hit transmute. This will give you a prismatic amulet (all resistance booster). It will have a level requirement of 31 which you will find very helpful at that point.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smips View Post
    The thing you need to keep in mind is that defense in D2 is pretty much useless. It would be much better to have armor with a defense rating of 2 that has some resists than to have armor with a defense rating of 1000 with no resists. For your mercs polearm, you can buy a belt, staff, and kris, then cube them with any form of a diamond(chipped, flawed, ect) to roll a good polearm for him.

Edit: I'd go with a Prayer merc, which is an Act 2 Combat merc I believe.
    Hi.

I made the polearm, its very strong but it requires 95 strength, which the mercinary does not posess.