Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Re: Getting hit while leap attacking?

How come this thread is completely devoid of posts?

EDIT: Ok, it looks like I just did a 10-year necro, lol. I really want to read this thread because I'm getting the feeling that melee monsters I leap over are somehow still able to hit me, and this thread seems to confirm my suspicions. Is this really the case?

I was duelling my friend, a ww Barb, and my smiter did manage to hit him while he was leaping. it may be a bug, or maybe it can still hit you at a certain point of leaping

IncGamers Member

While leaping, the Barbarian can still be hit by melee attacks and radial effects like auras, curses and explosions; he cannot collide with missiles, whether they are static or fired horizontally or vertically, unless he is directly above a ranged unit when it fires.

Quote Originally Posted by onderduiker View Post
    While leaping, the Barbarian can still be hit by melee attacks and radial effects like auras, curses and explosions; he cannot collide with missiles, whether they are static or fired horizontally or vertically, unless he is directly above a ranged unit when it fires.
    So basically it's only for ranged attacks?

IncGamers Member

Missiles cannot normally collide with a leaping Barbarian, so this applies to ranged attacks but also ground fires like those of Fire Wall and Meteor.

However, even though a leaping Barbarian cannot be hit by something like a Fire Ball, if he is within radius of something that can be hit then its radial damage will still apply to him.