(based on the help thread of the community forum)
If you are looking for a fellow forumer to help you with something in-game, please post in this thread or make use of our Player Matchup forum. Individual threads of this nature appearing in the Europe trading forum will lead to infractions issued on all its participants.
If you wish to post your game name and password in this thread, do so at your own risk. Scammers read this forum too. If someone agrees to lend you a hand, it's best to exchange account name and game info through our Private Messaging feature. When you do meet up in-game, be sure to double-check your new friend's account name carefully to help ensure that you are indeed dealing with the same person you met here.
Please be aware that, although this is a very active forum, it often takes time to get a reply to your request. Also note that, depending on the time of day/night, there may not be any compatable forumers available to lend a hand. Such is life.
You May use this thread to:
- Ask for help with quests, rushes, muling or ubers for free.
- Ask for a fellow forumer to assist in moderating a trade.
You May Not use this thread to:
- Beg for free items.
- Ask item value questions.
- Chat about the game, your life, etc.
- Offer or ask for help with quests, rushes, muling or ubers for a price. You are allowed to trade rushes or leveling services through a regular, separate trading thread.
- Perform trades
If you get disconnected while muling, you can still make a separate thread, as speed is required in that case. You can also enter bnet with an open character, to whisper a friend or enter a channel like "public chat etf" (where you might find ETF regulars). Of course, it's as unsafe to tell your bnet game password in a bnet channel as posting them in a public thread here, but it's another chance to get back what might be lost otherwise anyway.
Need to mule an anni/torch/Gheed's which you cannot pick up and none of your other chracters can enter hell mode? It goes like this:
1. Wait until the game is at least 5 minutes old (which you should do in any case before fighting Über D or do Über Tristram). Better wait a bit longer, just to be sure.
2. TP to town, drop the item which your character is going to keep himself
3. Go back, pick up the other item.
4. Leave the game, make a new one in normal mode, drop the item, leave, enter with a mule, pick it up. All of step 4 has to be done within 60 seconds! Any game will persist that long right after its creation, even if nobody is in it.
5. Enter the old game with your first character, pick up the item left there. Voila!
There's no need to make your own thread about it. Doing so is not allowed.