Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beast...

IncGamers Member

Beast...

When u use beast switch, what shield is prefferd to use. Does spirit affect
    fantasim aura. I use a summoner i lately i traded me a beast..=)

IncGamers Member

Re: Beast...

I like Homunculus simply because it's a great all-around necromancer shield (high block, skills, resists).

I think spirit would boost the fanaticism level, but I'm not sure if the difference would be significant.

IncGamers Member

what would the best summon prebuff shield, i focus on sskellies.

Rare: (3 summon,3 sm,3rs ), can it spawn.
    White: (3sm,3rs), 2soc with eth + lum for xtra 1 @ skills.

Simple, what would be the ultimate prebuff shield for summon necro.

//sry, i posted in swedish...lol=)

Banned

Would the increase of fana level worth the sacrifice of block rate and res? I guess not. What did the person above me just posted? o.0

1 More fanaticism level wouldnt do barely anything for your summons. It might help your merc out though. While the +damage/attack alone might not make much of a difference, the +1 IAS might make a considerable difference if you were to reach a breakpoint. So a quick calculation might help you reach your decision.

Spirit also gives the most possible FCR for a shield. Makes it very possible to reach the last fcr breakpoint. This comes in handy for teleporting, as it also gives a +1 skill to your teleport. It's also a nice boost to your FHR. For this reason, I would prefer to use a beast + homunc with a either a spirit+wizardspike for teleporting purposes; Spirit+hoto for teleporting and summoning purposes; or spirit+cta for warcries.

IncGamers Member

Yes, spirit is great for prebuff with cta, but since i rarely get hit so maybe homu is the best to use with beast for the res.

I have to search for a good prebuff for skellies.

IncGamers Member

Spirit does not affect fanaticism ofc. Like all item-granted auras it is fixed. Why do you need to buff skellies, are the weak or what?

You can't get the +3 (or even +1) to Summoning/Necroskills prefix on a magic/rare head and still get individual bonuses to any tier-1 skill (such as Raise Skeleton or Skeletal Mastery). The best is to get a 2os head with +3 individual bonuses and socket it with Splendor runeword, netting a +4 shield. The +1 to all also effects Battle Orders (if you're going with Call to Arms), so it's hard to argue for Spirit, although if Battle Orders is your #1 priority then I guess maybe Spirit.

As far as prebuff weapons, Call to Arms is okay for its +2 (+1 item, +1 from Battle Command), otherwise you want Arm of King Leoric.

An alternative to either the above is to go Heart of the Oak & Homunculus, giving you great resists, max block, and FCR; or Heart of the Oak & Spirit, if max block isn't your thing. However, that really isn't prebuffing, it's just a way to get decent +skills for summoning without relying on prebuffing.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zorroaster View Post
    Spirit does not affect fanaticism ofc. Like all item-granted auras it is fixed. Why do you need to buff skellies, are the weak or what?
    why u wanna buff skellies??, why u wanna get good gear anyways, i wanna get the best possible skellies, curently they are at lvl 44 with 7 skillers..so they are not weak, but its fun to tweak your char as much as u can...

IncGamers Member

yes, splendor shield in a shild with 3sm, 3rs would be great..iīm doing pit to find a good one..shouldnīt be to hard..=)

Sum nec is really fun t play, can do runs everywhere, 300+ mf, no problems with immunes..only problem is that u canīt play in 8 player game..always game gets "lose connection to battle net"..