The much-postponed tournament is finally here :cool:
Feeling overawed by the MFO? Don't have the time to do 11,000 runs in a week? This is the tournament for you. Nice, friendly, relaxed tournament to help you find some nice items. A whole month to do a few runs.
Short version of the rules for old-timers: same as last time.
1) Count your Pindleskin runs. Stop when you reach 2000.
2) The Tourney starts 28-Jan-2009 and ends 28-Feb-2009 **local time zone**
3) You can use any player settings.
4) After you finish 2K runs or after the deadline, you should post your best 5 items with full readouts. It could be uniques, jewels, runes, rares, magic items, whatever you choose. The voting for winner will be based on these 5 items.
5) The winner is the one who gets the most votes from other participants for the best items (depends on usefulness and rarity), only tourney participants would have completed at least 1000 runs can vote.
6) The prize: SPF immortality. Bragging rights. And everyone gets to keep the items you find.
7) Only items from Pindleskin and his minions count, not the items from corpses in the garden. In other words, ilvl 86 items only. Horked items do not count (but horkers are welcome to participate: you get to keep the items after all)
8) Only accepted versions are 1.10,1.11, and 1.12. Once accepted mods are RWM, RRM. FE mod is not acceptable, and also drop mods and other. Only legit characters. You can use different characters if you want.
9) Final result must be posted in this thread latest by March 2, again local time. Voting will commence March 4, local time and will go on until March 7, or until everyone has voted. Votes will then be tallied in a day or so.
10) Voters will name 3 participants, in order of preference. Top participant gets 3 points, next best gets 2 and the third in the list gets 1 point. Points will be added up and the one with the most is the winner. A tie would mean joint winners.
11) You are strongly encouraged to post your finds as you go along. The Pindlethon doesn't use a scoring system like the MFOs, so there's no telling whether a particular find is going to get someone votes. Posting finds tends to encourage everyone.
Pindlethon 4's Top 5 list
Edit by sirpoopsalot:
For those that aren't familiar with updating the scoring/tracking table on their own, nubikoen wrote a very nice guide here. Please read it and give it a try.
Also, a couple of people have asked, and Cygnus clarified later in this thread, so I'll add it here too... you may sign-up for this tournament at any time, but you only have until the posted closure date (Feb. 28) to complete your runs.