Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Piles of Money Tourney

Yes, teleport rocks. Even when I relied on amulet charges, teleporting did a lot for the time and the consistency of my run times. Firstly it allows a standard first position (for me it's on the bottom left corner of the temple with all the council spawning nearby). Then, it allows to get out of difficult situations really fast and finish the council 99 percent of the time. Before teleport, I would give up (or die) at least once every 10 runs or would resort in time costly tactics like teleporting to town or going to durance lvl1 (these also cost the unhorked corpses in some cases).

All right. Looks like fun. Was doing some occasional runs with my GF barb anyway, so might as well join the fray.

Participant is LeapOfFaith. Patted not too long ago (lvl 87 atm). Gear and a write-up can be found here.

Don't have any idea where i will be standing with best efforts, but largest single pile i got so far was 97k and some change iirc (since i haven't started the tourney yet, that one's out of comp. ofc.). I should have a screenie of it somewhere, which i could post if there's any interest. So i shouldn't be doing too bad i'm guessing.

Dunno if anyone is going for NM, but personally i'm pretty interested too see if NM matches up to running in hell. I'm staying in hell, because of better possible drops like runes. And ofcourse trying to break the 100k single pile, which i doubt would be possible in NM.

GL too all runners

Code:
    |  forum name     | character      |  best effort | # efforts | avg. effort |build  |
    |-----------------|----------------|--------------|-----------|-------------|-------|
    |zerth            | ScroogeMcDuckII|    9172559 gp|       1   |    9172559  |Warcry |
    |Fabian           | WWGoldBarb     |    8708749 gp|       1   |    8708749  |WW     |
    |Fabian           | GoldBarb       |    8087365 gp|       1   |    8087365  |Warcry |
    |purplelocust     | ?????          |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |       |
    |SnickerSnack     | Cortez         |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Warcry |
    |Corrupted        | Majestic       |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |WW     |
    |dune             | GoldFinger     |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Warcry |
    |maxicek          | Count_Brass    |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Frenzy |
    |Cyrax            | LeapOfFaith    |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Leap   |

Ι really want to see what the final record will be. Another two tries get my best effort to a whooping 11185462 gp .

The other try was a sad 8995381. Updating table:

Code:
    |  forum name     | character      |  best effort | # efforts | avg. effort |build  |
    |-----------------|----------------|--------------|-----------|-------------|-------|
    |zerth            | ScroogeMcDuckII|   11185462 gp|       3   |    9784467  |Warcry |
    |Fabian           | WWGoldBarb     |    8708749 gp|       1   |    8708749  |WW     |
    |Fabian           | GoldBarb       |    8087365 gp|       1   |    8087365  |Warcry |
    |purplelocust     | ?????          |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |       |
    |SnickerSnack     | Cortez         |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Warcry |
    |Corrupted        | Majestic       |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |WW     |
    |dune             | GoldFinger     |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Warcry |
    |maxicek          | Count_Brass    |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Frenzy |
    |Cyrax            | LeapOfFaith    |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Leap   |
    Edit: The counter shows 23 runs in 29:54. 78 sec runs and 486.3K per run (that's 6235 gp/sec btw)

Wow, nice going Zerth. Are you running in NM or with full battlegear or something? I just did my first 3 tries and highest number of runs i got was 8.

First try i really got screwed over. Got Ismael PI 3 times. So that took a lot of extra time. Final result 4.389.019 in 7 runs.
    Second try felt a lot better, but judging by result it wasn't: 4.437.532 (7.5 runs).
    After about 3/4 of the 3rd try i changed my tactics a bit. Started using the amp charges on my weaponswitch. The repairing takes some gold away, but runs are a lot faster. Final result there was 5.733.965, done in 8 runs.

All in all i'm at the bottom of the table right now, but i see lots of room for improvement. Firstly using the amp charges the full 30 mins. Secondly i may try a teleport amu (losing 80% gf though). And i may give NM a try. Since my merc is doing all the killing i may take a better advantage of all the GF i have if merc kills faster.

Code:
    |zerth            | ScroogeMcDuckII|   11185462 gp|       3   |    9784467  |Warcry |
    |Cyrax            | LeapOfFaith    |    5733965 gp|       3   |    4853505  |Leap   |

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrax View Post
    Wow, nice going Zerth. Are you running in NM or with full battlegear or something?
    I run Hell Travincal. The setup is here.

Teleport charges are must for fast and consistent run times, 80gf is a good trade-off.

BattleTag turfsmurf-2337

Quote Originally Posted by maxicek View Post
    AJK's original GF barb was Patriarch MissPiggy, golddigga. He did a lot of trading to improve the GF gear after the Pat thread though. Maybe this tourney will tempt him AJK out of retirement
    Curse you, SPF! *shakes fist* How am I supposed to enjoy my retirement when spotting a tournament like this while browsing the SPF to see what's up?

Of course I had to run the council a few times to see how my frenzy-based horker compared to the rest of the contestants. Not too bad, but not too good as well. The best I've come up with is a session of 7.5M$, on /P3. I strongly suspect that a lack of teleport, as evidenced in previous posts, has something to do with this.

I also believe now that a singer barb has a much higher M$/hr potential than I originally thought it would have. Very interesting, indeed. I'll probably roll my own singer in order to compare it with my own frenzier using similar charms/equipment.

But first, I'll run some more /P3 council sessions, because the variance in average gold per run is huge. This means that there's probably around 1M$ headroom per session by chance alone, so more samples are needed.

I like that this is a long-term tourney which will hopefully yield more interesting observations towards designing an optimal gold horker. Maybe it'll even make me reconsider the Reaper's Toll as the only viable merc weapon on council runs (not very likely though).

I'll post more detailed stats and gear of my frenzy build later, because I haven't installed DII on this laptop (yet).

IncGamers Member

Code:
    | forum name  | character      |  best run  | runs | run average |build   |
    |-------------|----------------|------------|------|-------------|--------|
    |zerth        | ScroogeMcDuckII| 11.185.462 |    3 |   9.784.467 |Warcry  |
    |Fabian       | WWGoldBarb     |  8.708.749 |    1 |   8.708.749 |WW      |
    |Fabian       | GoldBarb       |  8.087.365 |    1 |   8.087.365 |Warcry  |
    |Cyrax        | LeapOfFaith    |  5.733.965 |    3 |   4.853.505 |Leap    |
    |skiff        | hfa            |  1.835.539 |    1 |   1.830.000 |Telesorc|
    |skiff        | Tixi           |  1.341.402 |    4 |   1.224.440 |Trapasin|
    |purplelocust | ?????          |          0 |    0 |           0 |        |
    |SnickerSnack | Cortez         |          0 |    0 |           0 |Warcry  |
    |Corrupted    | Majestic       |          0 |    0 |           0 |WW      |
    |dune         | GoldFinger     |          0 |    0 |           0 |Warcry  |
    |maxicek      | Count_Brass    |          0 |    0 |           0 |Frenzy  |
    Ok, I reformated (narrowed) the table a bit and add my two nonbarb runners, Tixi the pindle-eldrich combo killer (and selling stuff) and hfa, my lvl 65 retired hellforge runner, with only chilling armor and 105 fcr teleport as her weapons running high psettings LK (and selling stuff).

TODO:
    Learn what to pick up and what not to pick up (with both of them )
    Make more inventory space (currently 4x4, thats slowing me down greatly)
    Make Imba lightsorc for the elpin combo
    Find out the best psettings

BattleTag turfsmurf-2337

Code:
    | forum name  | character      |  best run  | runs | run average |build   |
    |-------------|----------------|------------|------|-------------|--------|
    |zerth        | ScroogeMcDuckII| 11.185.462 |    3 |   9.784.467 |Warcry  |
    |Fabian       | WWGoldBarb     |  8.708.749 |    1 |   8.708.749 |WW      |
    |Fabian       | GoldBarb       |  8.087.365 |    1 |   8.087.365 |Warcry  |
    |AJK          | CashCow        |  7.648.062 |    8 |   6.728.016 |Frenzy  |	
    |Cyrax        | LeapOfFaith    |  5.733.965 |    3 |   4.853.505 |Leap    |
    |skiff        | hfa            |  1.835.539 |    1 |   1.830.000 |Telesorc|
    |skiff        | Tixi           |  1.341.402 |    4 |   1.224.440 |Trapasin|
    |purplelocust | ?????          |          0 |    0 |           0 |        |
    |SnickerSnack | Cortez         |          0 |    0 |           0 |Warcry  |
    |Corrupted    | Majestic       |          0 |    0 |           0 |WW      |
    |dune         | GoldFinger     |          0 |    0 |           0 |Warcry  |
    |maxicek      | Count_Brass    |          0 |    0 |           0 |Frenzy  |
    I've added myself to the table as well.

Code:
    Name: CashCow, class: barb, level: 90
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Gear:

Crown of Thieves [Lem]	--> 150% GF
    Amulet with teleport	-->   0% GF
    Grief + crescent moon  	--> not used on hork
    2x ali baba [4xLem]	--> 750% GF
    Wealth			--> 300% GF
    Laying of Hands		-->   0% GF
    Trang's belt		-->   0% GF
    Dwarf star		--> 100% GF
    rare MLeech + GF ring	-->  37% GF
    rare FRW+res+GF boots	-->  79% GF
    Charms + Gheed's	--> 595% GF

Total GF on hork	--> 2011% GF
    ------------------------------------

Skills:

Frenzy 		20
    Double swing 	11
    Sword mastery	20
    incr. speed	 1
    Nat. resist	 4
    Battle orders	20
    Find item	16 (50% chance after +skills and Battle command)
    Prereqs.	the rest
    Biggest oops: wanting to try an Oath BB, but forgetting to add enough points to strength. Still missing 15 pts right now.

Last edited by AJK; 18-01-2009 at 21:17. Reason: Made one more run, no reason for an extra post.

@AJK: How are your resists with the frenzy build? Also note that a singer gf barb (if you decide to make one) is pretty much dependent on the merc to do the killing. I am trying really hard to get War Cry to about 1K damage without sacrificing much gf (needs reeeeeally good stuff), but even then the merc will do 80+ % of the damage. The barb tries to make sure that everything stands still with 0 defense, but that's about it - the rest is merc DPS.

BattleTag turfsmurf-2337

Quote Originally Posted by zerth View Post
    @AJK: How are your resists with the frenzy build?
    My resists after battle command: 75/59/56/-1
    The light. res is a bit low, but I died only once in >100 runs, and that wasn't due to lightning, but due to fanaticism + carelessness.

When I'm going to try a singer, I'll make sure to pimp my merc. I'm not entirely sure about giving him a Fortitude suit, because in my experience, it tends to shatter 2 corpses per run. But on the other hand, if my merc has to take care of most of the kills, the extra damage will outweigh the corpse losses. I'll have to experiment with that.