Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Piles of Money Tourney

Well, I want to have some comparison - how much better those GF barbs actually are. So my goal is to trigger some creativity. Myself, I have two ideas - pindle-eldrich combo, which can level with the GF barb department with chance to find shiny uniques/sets and LK with those piles of blue sellable items with chance to find runes. LK seems better now, I did some non timed tests ... but currently Im too drunk to do any comparable runs. My best act5 trapper score is 1,341,402 so far, which is quiet low, but I did found some nice s/us and socketables and rares ... The idea is - If you can push at least third of the specialized GF build output PLUS chance to get s/us and/or hrs, is it really worth building a goldbarb?

EDIT: Yes, I am too drunk ... 6 deaths in a row just to retrieve the corpse, thats definitely not sober

Last edited by skiffcz; 11-01-2009 at 21:54.

IncGamers Member

Code:
    |  forum name     | character      |  best effort | # efforts | avg. effort |build  |
    |-----------------|----------------|--------------|-----------|-------------|-------|
    |zerth            | ScroogeMcDuckII|    9172559 gp|       1   |    9172559  |Warcry |
    |Fabian           | WWGoldBarb     |    8708749 gp|       1   |    8708749  |WW     |
    |Fabian           | GoldBarb       |    8087365 gp|       1   |    8087365  |Warcry |
    |purplelocust     | ?????          |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |       |
    |SnickerSnack     | Cortez         |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Warcry |
    |Corrupted        | Majestic       |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |WW     |
    I finished my WW barb, and took him test driving. This score can surely be improved even with pretty bad luck, as I was still getting used to Trav runs with Whirlwind, I let the merc die twice, bad planning caused me to leave gold on the floor, etc. Equipment is pretty much the same as my Frenzy GF barb, 1.07 Oath and Grief PB and the usual GF stuff.

Hell, players 1. Laying of Hands, not Chance Guards. I'm pretty sure it was 25 runs exactly, so 348k per run.

Code:
    |  forum name     | character      |  best effort | # efforts | avg. effort |build  |
    |-----------------|----------------|--------------|-----------|-------------|-------|
    |zerth            | ScroogeMcDuckII|    9172559 gp|       1   |    9172559  |Warcry |
    |Fabian           | WWGoldBarb     |    8708749 gp|       1   |    8708749  |WW     |
    |Fabian           | GoldBarb       |    8087365 gp|       1   |    8087365  |Warcry |
    |purplelocust     | ?????          |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |       |
    |SnickerSnack     | Cortez         |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Warcry |
    |Corrupted        | Majestic       |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |WW     |
    |dune             | GoldFinger     |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Warcry |
    i havent played my goldfind barb for a long time. he is clvl75 and would definatly need some help to get through hell.

running NM council at p8 the largest pile of gold he has found is about 65k, although 30k-50k is more normal. the largest pile of gold he ever saw was from norm baal iirc, but that cant be efficient for this tourny

as this is going to run for a while i'm in.

will host some goldfind levelling games later..

BattleTag maxicek-2583

Code:
    |dune             | GoldFinger     |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Warcry |
    |maxicek          | Count_Brass    |          0 gp|       0   |          0  |Frenzy |
    AJK's original GF barb was Patriarch MissPiggy, golddigga. He did a lot of trading to improve the GF gear after the Pat thread though. Maybe this tourney will tempt him AJK out of retirement.

I'm entering with my GF Barb Count_Brass, but I think he will need a bit of equipment improvement to be competitive.

Just a suggestion - How about a side competition for the largest single pile of gold?

IncGamers Member

My biggest pile was 105k something, if we're doing that competition

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    My biggest pile was 105k something, if we're doing that competition
    How much GF?

I don't think I've ever seen more than 100K

IncGamers Member

That's probably understandable as you're using Enigma, so you miss out on Wealth.

I had 2514 I believe, as per my post a bit up. I can't double check because I don't have these characters anymore, it might have been 2314 too (Laying of Hands instead of Chance Guards), but I know I got over 100k with both setups. Think I saw 4 or 5 six figure piles in the two 30 minute blocks I did.

i have been doing some warm up runs in NM trav. my barb has 2298 gf now and 2647 when merc kills.

i do sometimes get around 300-400k per run and think i can do about 15 runs in 30 mins (havent actually done that yet)

this means i am looking at not much more than about 5 million in 30 mins. way below the 9 million already reported here.

i have tried hell council but have real trouble killing them at all :P

clearly i will have to level some more and re-roll the map until the council isnt split up, some inside and some out.

i dont have teleport on my barb so merc control is an issue.

there is room for some improvement in theory with my gold find equipment but this guy has the best i can offer after years of collecting so it would take great good fortune now to improve it without trading i think.

will give it a proper go when i get him to clvl90.

good luck all.

IncGamers Member

I still need to build and equip- those do already look like hard-to-beat scores. I don't know how much of a difference NM/Hell makes. I'm hoping to get away with no teleport amulet and instead use the "pop down the stairs and pop back up" method of keeping the merc nearby.

IncGamers Member

About teleport, as someone who has done more than his fair share of Trav runs with and (mostly) without it, Teleport is an insane timesaver. For a tournament like this, where fast runs are of the essence, I think every build would do well to find a Teleport amulet in their stashes. Rolling a map where all council members appear at the same place (inside the building is probably best I think) and suddenly being right in the middle of the pack instead of spending 8+ seconds running around the outer wall, into the building, down the stairs, up the stairs, while separating the pack, and also positioning the merc horribly, well.. Let's just say I really think you all should find Teleport charges if at all possible. It's insane how much farther you need to run without it, and how much longer it takes before you start damaging council members. Both my characters I played in this tourney had a 67% GF, teleport charges, +1 necro skills amulet. Just a magic Amulet of Teleportation I think would be more beneficial than the most awesome non-teleport GF amulets I own, for this tourney.

I'd be interested to hear from others who have tried both methods.