Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

HK's Structuring For Duels, version 2.0

warlock, if u don't mind,

if people like this structuring, it should probably be stickied than as an "official-standardized" dueling structure.

maybe people can "post vote" (yes they like it) or (no they don't like it) on this thread. to decide whether it should be made "official-standardized" structuring or not and thus stickied or not. whichever (yes or no) has more "post vote" after some number of "post votes" will be how its decided, if this is a good way to do it ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (to use boxing analogy): "weight classes" (clvl ranges) and "leagues" (LLD, MLD, HLD) for d2 duels should be:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clvl: character level

LLD: low level duels
    MLD: mid level duels
    HLD: high level duels
    "LLD" "league": clvl 1-30

clvl 09-11 "weight class"

clvl 12-17 "weight class"

clvl 18-23 "weight class"

clvl 24-29 "weight class"

clvl 30-30 "weight class"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "MLD" "league": clvl 30-60

clvl 30-40 "weight class"

clvl 40-50 "weight class"

clvl 50-60 "weight class"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "HLD" "league": clvl 60-99

clvl 60-70 "weight class"

clvl 70-80 "weight class"

clvl 80-90 "weight class"

clvl 90-99 "weight class"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    items' mods' and their lvl reqs: (for 1.12 patch plz. the newest-current patch)

1. Level 32 is definitely a different story, since I used to have a lvl32 sword(+187% exec)/shield WW barb. -deich.

2. 31 is the item level for prismatic items. -yohed

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 26-12-2008 at 23:09.

Diablo Classic Moderator

Re: HK's Structuring For Duels

Just let me know where you want it in the stickies and I'll be happy to oblige. For now, I'll just sticky it rather then link to it from the stickies.

Classic, where a runeword is a weapon missing the s in the middle.

IncGamers Member

ah, i was jsut thinking it to go with all the other info links in the sticky faqs and guides thread. but u can put it where ever u think best.

just thought it be good idea to finally have a standardized pvp system or "structuring". not sure if everyone likes my idea of it but oh well, its been stickied already

IncGamers Member

HKhan, why is level 30 lld, but level 31 mld? WW will be as broken at level 31 as it is at level 30. I see and know no difference between level 30 and level 31 besides a few points in life.

Level 32 is definitely a different story, since I used to have a lvl32 sword(+187% exec)/shield WW barb.

IncGamers Member

it's just a term issue, but since this has become a discussion let me discuss my thinking-reasoning on these terms:

i feel that lvl 30 skills should NOT be EXcluded from "LLD", but strict limits should be placed on it since they are the most "powerful" or highest lvl skills.

lvl 30 skills should be "available" for "LLD" (just as they are for "MLD" and "HLD"), but as u mentioned lvl 30 skills (like ww) are quite powerful, which is why i put them into their own weight class of clvl 30-30 for "LLD". it wouldn't be fair for a lvl 30 skill (like ww) to go against a lvl 24 skill, just as its not fair for a lvl 24 skill to go against a lvl 18 skill, etc.

if you are clvl 31-60, under my structuring u are "labeled-classifed" as "MLD".

the only way to "LLD" ("fairly") with a lvl 30 skill (clvl 30 char) is to duel another lvl 30 skill (clvl 30 char). u can of course, always challenge higher clvls (clvl 31-60 "MLD" and clvl 61-99 "HLD")

clvl 30 with lvl 30 skill "ww" is no different than clvl 31 with lvl 30 skill (whatever skill). u are right.

its fair for a lvl 30 skill (clvl 30) to duel against other lvl 30 skills (clvl 30 and up)

its NOT fair for a lvl 30 skill (clvl 30) to duel against lower lvl skills (clvl 1-29)

maybe think of it this way, for the most part clvl 30-30 (lvl 30 skill characters) are for the most part in with the "MLD". but u may challenge another and only another clvl 30 for a "LLD" duel. if u challenge a clvl 1-29 with your clvl 30 with 30 lvl skill, it's an unfair duel.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by deichsela View Post
    HKhan, why is level 30 lld, but level 31 mld? WW will be as broken at level 31 as it is at level 30. I see and know no difference between level 30 and level 31 besides a few points in life.

Level 32 is definitely a different story, since I used to have a lvl32 sword(+187% exec)/shield WW barb.
    31 is the item level for prismatic items (in the current patch ) which gives an undoubted advantage in terms of items. This might not be relative for every build, but it is for a very good portion of them.

Edit. Great thread by the way HK.

IncGamers Member

i did NOT apply any of the item mod lvl reqs into this structuring. it would make it far too complicated and messy then.

the structuring is based solely on fairness and simplicity with skills and clvl as best as i could envision.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if u guys wanna add in the item mod lvl reqs into it than go ahead, but than u got to find a way to keep it simple for everyone to understand

i added a last section called items' mods' and their lvl reqs. post down what you know on this thread and i'll add it into my original post (HK's structuring for duels, version 2.0, - as of now) of this thread.
    ty, yohed, for saying great thread
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    deich:

--------
    is this for 1.12 patch ??

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 26-12-2008 at 09:59.

IncGamers Member

Structuring For Duels

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    the only way to [duel] ("fairly") with a lvl 30 skill (clvl 30 char) is to duel another lvl 30 skill (clvl 30 char). u can of course, always challenge higher clvls
    What you wrote here explains why level 30 the lowest level for MLD.
    its NOT fair for a lvl 30 skill (clvl 30) to duel against lower lvl skills (clvl 1-29)
    And this explains why level 30 isn't LLD.
    Quote Originally Posted by yohed View Post
    31 is the item level for prismatic items (in the current patch ) which gives an undoubted advantage in terms of items. This might not be relative for every build, but it is for a very good portion of them.
    Hahah. Egads. Good show.

Quote Originally Posted by deichsela View Post
    is this for 1.12 patch ??
    During 1.09 I used pre-LoD items to acquire the 170 str and 110 dex. Might be possible with today's items. *brainstorms*

Edit: Yeah, it works. With regular items, the character would end up with 520 life and sport a wicked exec. Using ideal items, the life goes far higher.

start, 30, 25
    req, 170, 110
    need, 140, 85
    items, 77, 34
    req, 63, 51

Level 32. 32 * 5 = 160 stat points
    63 in str. 51 in dex. 114 used
    46 left for vit. 184 life
    55 life start
    +2 life/level = 62 life
    20 to life from act 3 potion.
    BO slvl 9, +1(BC)=10 = +62%
    321 plus 62%
    Total life: 520

From helm to boots.
    0 +30 str
    1 +9 str
    3 Twitchthroe +10 str, +10 dex
    5 +9 dex
    6 +9 str
    7 Bladebuckle +5 str, +10 dex
    8 +9 str
    9 Tearhaunch +5 str, +5 dex

Last edited by deichsela; 26-12-2008 at 14:01.

Keep in mind that for LLD, the rankings that *used to be* commonly accepted had been developed not only on level requirements for skills, but also level requirements for essential equipment. Example, the reason that 12 is broken away from 9-11 is zeal/charge, but also the use of the Angelics set. I noticed that your guide asked for a tier between 12-17, which may be undue since a character can equip twitchthroe at 16. Angelics v. Twitch... You decide!

The LLD tiers have been fought over for ages, often broken down into microscopic increments (exaggerating of course), but hopefully this guide serves as a threshold for the return to the more "gentleman's war," so to speak, of all dueling, high and low.

Maybe you should also consider posting certain "rules" or "taboo" of dueling-- what's acceptable, what is not. Example, running into town periodically to avoid being hit, potting, unnecessary insults, etc. Dueling used to be a majestic sport... Having since fallen from its grace. Hopefully we can resurrect its once proud name. GJ HK ;]

IncGamers Member

i actually just started to try out dueling for my first time, so i'm actually quite new to it all and don't know all the rules and taboo's and such.

i just read a lot of the arguing over the dueling system so i jsut made a thread that if u all want and like can be the standard for dueling.

i just based my dueling system on what i read and common sense and simplicity.

i do NOT know or have enough experience with all the different gear and its clvl reqs and i could never organize it neatly anyways. i have hard enough time jsut writing my posts clearly:P not the greatest writer here and my mind jumps all over the place so u readers usually have a hard time reading my posts

i also don't know all the good-bad manners, rules, taboos that are out their for dueling.

if u guys wanna contribute plz do so. this is a group project. any feedback and knowledge is totally welcome and encouraged
    now that i'm thinking about it, i think there's 3 types of duels:

1. competitive duels

in competitive duels there are strict rules that must be followed. breaking of any such rule is a technical loss.

2. friendly duels

in friendly duels you are casually dueling for fun or testing out things or practicing (usually with a friend or some one who is trustful and willing to abide upon the coordinated cooperative agreed rules). you don't care what happens and aren't stresed over it. you are NOT competing or keeping score.

3. war duels

in war duels, anything goes. there are no rules. no bad manners. its the "jungle". it's a free for all. may the best (or best cheater or unfairest) win.

this is probably the most common type of duel that u see. such dominant players are known as pk'ers who come and unfairly and rudely ruin a game.

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 06-01-2009 at 00:55.