Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Mini Guide to the Pvm Revive Necro

Hey, this is a guide to the revive necro, my favourite necro yet. Its a lot like playing a skeletonmancer in terms of gameplay, raise minions, amp the enemies, then blow them away with corpse explosion. For fast killing speed i recommend playing in 1 player games in hell

I actually prefer revives to skeletons after experience with both, although each have advantages and disadvantages.

Reasons to use revives:

Raising minions will retain the mods, extra strong, extra fast etc.
    Having a huge army of seemingly invincable monsters that wont die even to iron maiden in cs
    So much cooler than skeletons
    revives will deal elemental damage and can attack from afar

Disadvantages of revives:

Only last 3 minutes
    45 mana to summon
    poor AI

On to stats and skills and gear

stats: enough strength for gear, rest to vita. remake if you add to dexterity or energy

gear: the same gear as a skeletonmancer would use, resists, + skills. Frostburn is really useful as revives cost 45 mana

Skills:
    20 skeleton mastery- obvious increases their damage and life
    20 revive- we want quantity over quailty, the more the merrier
    6 summon resist after + skills = 50 resist all. Above that, imo the points are wasted
    10 amplify damage after + skills = 8 yard radius, 1/2 of the screen
    17 corpse explosion after + skills = 8 yard radius, the same as your amplify damage

Now the problem is getting that first corpse, imo these are the only 2 viable options:

max bone spirit and put the rest of the points to bone prison, this should net you ~800 damage spirit endgame which is more than enough for killing a single monster, when 1 dies, amp and corse explosion take care of the rest

Max iron golem and put the rest of the points to golem mastery. This is what i did, thorns and amplify damage is a great combo, the harder they hit the more damage they do to themselves.

Some tips for playing this guy. Your gonna have a huge army! Every 2 minutes revive a few times even if you have 20+ monsters, you dont want to your army to fall down on you in the middle of a battle.

Revives have poor AI, its sometimes hard to get them to where you want them to be. Use a tp scroll, go to town, and go back again, all the monsters will be one giant black clump. I would hotkey book of townportal on this guy

Use common sense, revive uniques minions and harder hitting monsters, urdars in rriver of flame are great revives, they even have a chance of crushing blow. Check what monster you are reviving, you dont want weaklings in your army

This build can solo hell cs (1player) fast and safe, which is great. Keep making new games to ensure that monsters u fight on the way to cs entrance are urdars, venom lords, grotesques etc. , some spawned monsters on the way are not fast killers as revives

i would say that clearing chaos with this necro, can be faster than getting to cs from river wp if the monsters on the way spawned are wimps

Once your in chaos, amp corse explosion and a huge army of demons will do the rest

thanks for reading, i would appreciate if i left enything out, comments, suggestions, etc.

Fred

Last edited by fredsta54; 14-12-2008 at 18:12.

IncGamers Member

Re: Mini Guide to the Pvm Revive Necro

cant beleive that noone has replied

plz read this and post comments suggestions, etc.

Fred

Diablo Classic Moderator

I linked it from the FAQ and builds guide on the day you made the guide.

As for comments, for the first kill I tend to let my blood golem make it from the lowest creature I can find. And my summon necro is more of a zookeeper with max revives and max skellies(+max mages).

Classic, where a runeword is a weapon missing the s in the middle.

IncGamers Member

how does max mages skeletons and revives do pvm wise, sounds cool

Fred

Diablo Classic Moderator

I also maxed skele mastery, it works really well. My necro is called MlNlONS, so people know what to expect. I blatently keep raising whenever I see a corpse left behind. Most people don't mind at all unless you start raising so many that they don't get enough life back from redemption.

It is absolutely a lot of fun to play. Even the normal skellies are tough as nails. A single point in each golem with the +skills to make them a bit tougher.
    And, like your above build this one is also very safe. I was amazed at the damage they do together.

Classic, where a runeword is a weapon missing the s in the middle.

IncGamers Member

cool, but this is my guide, i cant beleive none have posted any suggestions or comment,s soloing hell cs easily with this guy, cmon people comments p[lz

Fred

IncGamers Member

good build...fred...hard to make comments....not many things u leave out for us to comment on....but whatever i'll put some junk down...cuz u want comments:P .....actually its because i just love to comment.....as u all know

not all the comments are directly for your revive necro build though

just revives definately work. in fact revives are like skel war and skel mages combined. 40 sk pts in only 20 sk pts as with revives u can make a phys damage or an elem damage monster.

one problem with revives is keeping them. unlike skel warriors who have to be killed, revives will disapear. i'm not a noob but even i have trouble keeping a revive army up.

skel warriors are actually quite strong now, both as tanks and damage dealers.

of course with skel war and skel mages u get even more minions even if the revives gives u access "to both" types of monsters.

unfortunately i can't confirm this, but i think that for phys damage minions (skel warriors or revives) u need AR for them just as much if not more so than extra damage like from amp, dec, paladin damage auras, and encahnt (though enchant gives AR too).

the big issue with a summoner is do u go phys damage (skel warriors and phys damage revives and amp and NO LR) or do u go elem (skel mages and elem revives and LR)

ultimately, if u were to lvl up to clvl 90+, u can do both or rather a max-pure summoner:

20 skel mast, 20 skel warrior, 20 skel mages, 20 revives, 1 pt summon resist, 1 pt clay golem, 1 pt blood golem, 1 pt iron golem, 1 pt fire golem, 1 pt CE, 1 pt into attract, 1 pt into bone armor, rest into LR (this of course means that u gotten the 1 pt into amp and dec)

and obviosuly for gear, max +skill gear:

silks (+1), undead crown (+3 skel mast) (imo best hat cuz skel mast makes all your minions stronger and i think this is better than a +1 to all other skills) or wurmskull (+1) or tarn (+1), +2 resists 10% FCR amulet, +2 +3 +3 +3 20% FCR wand, sig shield (+1), soj (+1), soj (+1), resists gloves or maybe magefist (would the +1 fire from magefist enhance anything of the summoner? fire golem? or fire damage from revives or skel mages or enchanted skel warriors and revives?), 24% FHR resists belt, 30% FWR 10% FHR resists boots.

the +skill gear will boost your 1 pt skills like summon resist (its resists should be decent enough), CE (its range should be decent enough), all other miscellenous skills (if u want or need to use them for some reason), the 4 golems, and etc....

obviously enchant, paladin auras, barb cries, amazon's inner sight, and etc.. all make your summoner and his minions even better.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    though i seen this one necro on west who has like a revive-like necro. he didn't use skel warrior minions, only revives, but he'd revive the hell cs skel knights (whatever they called, the warriors not the mages) so it would look like a skel warior skill army but was actually the revived hell cs skel knights-warriors. it worked really well and was really powerful.

the skel knights of hell cs imo are actually the best (or most dangerous) monsters in hell cs. they DO pack quite a hit on you or as your revives against other monsters. also they are smaller size so more of them can surround and hit monsters. urders on the other hand are larger so only a few can surround and hit other monsters. urders do have the CB-stun? attack. but i actually like the skel knights-warriors over urders. imo the worst (excluding the ghosts) are the vemon lords. their phys attack isn't that strong and they are big size. and of course if they do their flame breath, its useless cuz of hell cs monsters' high fire resist or immuity.

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 19-12-2008 at 23:21.

Banned

Cool build, back pre 1.10 this type of necro was one of my favorites. Back then I tho I used to have max IM, CE, and some 10 points in AMP with skills. Also some points in bone sprit for bosses.

Getting first corpse was piece of cake back then with IM + blood golem. Also IM proved to be a lot more efficient killer than Amp.

But that was in pre 1.10 and IM doesn't really work well anymore :(

IncGamers Member

i miss the blood golem and iron maiden combo

blood golem is definately imo the coolest golem

Fred

Well, I like Diablio 2 classic 1.09 and I now play a necromancer. I am thinking of a balanced necromancer.

Minions (base stats):

20 max Skel mastery
    20 max Golem mastery
    1 Skel
    1 Mage skel
    2 Revive
    20 Fire golem
    12 Summon resist

Bone

20 Bone spear

Curses

Still considering what to use.

Gear:

Helm: Wormskull
    Belt: Lenymo
    Gloves: Magefist
    Boots: 34 cold, 38 Lighning resist, 10%FHR, 20%FWR, 18MF Rare boots
    Armor: Heavenly Garb

Weapon: Ume Lament
    Shield: Eye of the Eyeless

Rings: 2 x Manald Heal
    Amulet:Civerb's Icon

From the gear I get +3 to all skills and 160% faster mana regeneration.

One major 1.09 problem is the fact that I can not buy mana potions.
    My gear is for mana regeneration and +skills.

One major 1.09 advantage is the fact that monsters do not have insane amounts of hit points

I have a sparkling mail, a Spectral Shard blade, a 23 Fire/27 Cold resist ring and a 30 lightning resist ring in the cube for special situations.

Stats:
    Str: 55
    Dex: 55
    Ene: base
    Vit: the rest

Any advices for curses, items, strategy ?