Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 1770 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17699
  1. #1
    IncGamers Member Gamekk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    602

    The Den of Evil Off Topics

    First I'd like to make a suggestion, add an off-topic Diablo III forum's section? :P

    I post this here because there was nowhere else I could think of and it's still Blizzard related.

    It's funny how WoW serverse have been down now for like 10 hours of extended maintenance, with less then 30 hours before the release of the xpac (and it's not even xpac related!)

    I can assume B.net 2.0 won't be immune to that kind of thing that can happen to any games really... Nothings perfect



  2. #2
    IncGamers Member Mcwhopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    An empty OT, that can't be good.... First in then




  3. #3
    Diablo: IncGamers Member AkumaSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    271

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    Who wants to talk about WoW in a D3 forum? :shocked::grin:



  4. #4
    IncGamers Site Pal Bad Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    Was this after a suggestion made by me? woo? haha Remember, they have to be evil off topics




  5. #5
    Administrator Elly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 1997
    Location
    Velvet pillow eating bon bons
    BattleTag Elly-1983
    Posts
    4,334

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    This is probably as OT as a post can get in here...


    What security lights, if any, do people have on their property?

    Last night I noticed a security light at the end of my garden (on the other side of my garden fence) had been smashed in and part of my fence removed (in order to get easier access I assume) so I've been researching things I can do to make it less appealing for thieves.

    I already have a six foot fence all round the garden and locked gates. I found an alarmed padlock to add to the gate but there seem to be so many security lights out there I don't know which are the most reliable and which are harder for thieves to break. The next light I get though will be placed much higher up. I also want to get one in the garden shining on the end of the garden so as soon as they poke their greasy little pin heads above the fence it'll go off.

    I have one of those million candle torches which I have in my bedroom now. 'course every sound I heard last night I was up and at the window shining it down there. Makes me angry more than scared.

    Anyone got any advice or been in a similar position?



    Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

    New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.



    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    27,981

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    Quote Originally Posted by AkumaSlayer View Post
    Who wants to talk about WoW in a D3 forum? :shocked::grin:
    We do just that in the D2 Community Forum's OT Thread, and also somewhat in the Druid OT and in the Dii.net WOW Addicts user/social group.




  7. #7
    Diablo: IncGamers Member AkumaSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    271

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    What security lights, if any, do people have on their property?

    ...

    Anyone got any advice or been in a similar position?
    We have those little solar powered garden lights, not sure if they count as security lights though. We live in a safe, friendly area though. Your best bet for deterring thieves is to install a really good security system with lights, alarms and a high fence (it sounds like you already have all of these). A good idea is to also place some of those security stickers/plates that say stuff like "This property is protected by ... alarm systems" and "Trespassers will be prosecuted".

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorny View Post
    We do just that in the D2 Community Forum's OT Thread, and also somewhat in the Druid OT and in the Dii.net WOW Addicts user/social group.
    I was referring to the D3 community, a lot of people here seem to hate WoW - especially after seeing the Barbarians massive shoulder plates, which could've be inspired by WoW graphics.



  8. #8
    IncGamers Site Pal korialstraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,421

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    Quote Originally Posted by AkumaSlayer View Post
    I was referring to the D3 community, a lot of people here seem to hate WoW - especially after seeing the Barbarians massive shoulder plates, which could've be inspired by WoW graphics.
    The barb have massive shoulder plates in D2 as well


    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

  9. #9
    Diablo: IncGamers Member AkumaSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    271

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    The shoulder plates on the D2 barbs are small in comparison to the D3 barb, and it's more "WoW-like" in some of the D3 screenshots because the shoulder plates look low poly (2D games don't have this problem).





    Notice how in the D3 screenshot the plates are extremely tall?



  10. #10
    IncGamers Member MuffinMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    364

    Re: The Den of Evil Off Topics

    Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    This is probably as OT as a post can get in here...


    What security lights, if any, do people have on their property?

    Last night I noticed a security light at the end of my garden (on the other side of my garden fence) had been smashed in and part of my fence removed (in order to get easier access I assume) so I've been researching things I can do to make it less appealing for thieves.

    I already have a six foot fence all round the garden and locked gates. I found an alarmed padlock to add to the gate but there seem to be so many security lights out there I don't know which are the most reliable and which are harder for thieves to break. The next light I get though will be placed much higher up. I also want to get one in the garden shining on the end of the garden so as soon as they poke their greasy little pin heads above the fence it'll go off.

    I have one of those million candle torches which I have in my bedroom now. 'course every sound I heard last night I was up and at the window shining it down there. Makes me angry more than scared.

    Anyone got any advice or been in a similar position?
    Mount the sensors for the lights low and hidden and a 500w light at a high spot.
    Just having "normal" lights sure helps. But say if I was about to steal your bike and suddenly a handy 500w working lamp lights me up like Michael Jackson on a bogus pyrotechnician. That would not be handy at all, and running could be an option instead.

    Found a sensor which is supposed to be "vandal proof"... Im free for testing!

    http://www.elights.com/tuff.html




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •