Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag LordCreon-1613

Re: The most stupid thing you have done in d2

I let a self found .08 Valk Wing expire back in early .09. While not appearing so stupid then, legit .08 Valk Wings are worth a ton now. I also let a pair of .08 Saracens expire at the same time, which probably have some value for the chance to cast Amp.

In a move that was more immediately realized as stupid I socketed a Que Hagens with a pdia shortly after the Expansion pack came out, thinking I was going to get +19 res all for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Creon View Post
    I let a self found .08 Valk Wing expire back in early .09. While not appearing so stupid then, legit .08 Valk Wings are worth a ton now. I also let a pair of .08 Saracens expire at the same time, which probably have some value for the chance to cast Amp.
    I had several SoJs without level reqs + other uniques without lvlreqs also, which got expired. (No lvl-req is pre-lod)

edit: why is the OP banned?

BattleTag eugene-2504

Quote Originally Posted by NEbuChaDezZaR View Post
    Lets turn it around, the most stupid thing I've seen another player do. In the beginning of the last ladder climb, I made a game 'N fire skiller O Um' (Note, this was maybe 2-3 weeks into the ladder) Some guy comes in and gives me a 44 Life fire skiller vs my um.

same thing with another item happened to me.

in a game a guy with around 50 lvl sorc sold me a "20life/11cold res SC" for 2 AMN runes.

maybe this item (and your item in your case) was generated by a cheat that would ban permanently from bnet so those guys are selling so cheap, just letting item go? i dont know if the charm poofed cause dont have it.

That charm may be a dupe, but even though people know its a dupe they will not sell it so cheap. So, most likely, that is a legit charm. The guy just didnt know the value, he just wanted to make some Spirit rws and lacked the amns.

Keep in mind all of this is in Hardcore, US East Ladder.

(1.) Going up against the Summoner in Normal -- but in an 8 player game -- with a Level 12 Necromancer with "zero" Cold Resist. Holy Ice Cubes, Batman!

(2.) Accepting a TP to the Den of Evil from a "friendly" Level 80 Wind Druid who one second later bragged about "my hax give me 7.5K dmg per nado, noob".

Fortunately both of these were a couple of years ago. I'm now older and much wiser.

Mr. Bill

IncGamers Member

I've done some of these, although I'm always poor so the mistakes don't turn out so bad, like ort-eth armor (got stealth and zephyr confused). And then there's the time I decided to make a fire golem necro to kill stuff by constantly recasting fire golem. For some reason, I though the dmg was proportional to its life, but it was only after noticing it was taking a long time to kill stuff did it occur to me to ask on this forum. I'm actually still surprised I managed to get him to the beginning of hell.

I've done quite a few stupdities, but I don't remember all of them. These are a few I do remember:

- During my first week of play I refused a trade for a 10/10 Assa torch that I found on the ground in a pub game for 10 Ists with some collector. I had no idea what Ists were anyway.
    - I accidently sold my perfect Fortitude Sacred Armor to Lazruk.
    - I lost 97 HRs in a stupid scam. Lesson learned: never trust ANY bnet player.

I'll update this if I recall more stupidities...

Furyan, wow, those are all pretty terrible :\

Quote Originally Posted by lumpor View Post
    Furyan, wow, those are all pretty terrible :\
    Hehe, there's worse things in life

IncGamers Member

Ive wasted an imbue quest on a charsi leg thinking that it will become a bugged leg and make me invisible. Of course nothing happened and I lost an imbue quest ( at the time this scam was running wild on BNET)

I've thought I'd be very smart and buy 100 life armors (in 1.10) and sell them for insane amounts! Ultimately I got one with 100 life!! and after perming my game for 5minutes(waited 10mins in fact) muled it and LARZUKED IT!!

OMFG!@!# 1socket :( Lesson: Magical items will only get one socket

This ladder while rolling spirits for 35 FCR i socked my already unsocked spirit with a HEL rune and had to re-hel it to remove that HEL!