Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    IncGamers Member

Re: The SPF Hamachi FAQ

Anyone know how to fix difficulties connecting PC to macs? I play on a macbook and can connect to games fine, but pc's are having an issue joining my games. Does anyone know if there's a setting on hamachi or on system preferences that needs to be changed? I turned off the obvious ones like firewall already. It's weird that I can connect to their games, but not the reverse, so I figure it has to be an issue of some setting not being enabled or something that has to be turned on/off. Would appreciate anyone who has some sort of knowledge on this.

Thanks.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

To be honest hedley, that does sound like a port forwarding issue. Do you have more than one computer on the network to which they're trying to connect? If so you need to forward the ports so the router knows to send the information to the computer running D2.

It *shouldn't* be an issue through Hamachi though, just if you're doing it normally.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

IncGamers Member

Thanks Thyiad,

After taking a look at what port forwarding was, that's definitely it. I have two computers on my network, so I just need to configure the ports to direct D2 inquiries to my computer. That also explains why I could play in other games vs people being unable to join mine. Good to figure out what the issue was.

Thanks again.

BattleTag ZeroAffex-1699

Thyiad,

Don't know if your still checking this thread much these days but I would like some imput if you do get this post. I have been using Hamachi for about 2 months now. I understand the mechanics and have my own network that I communicate with some of my buddies IRL with. We never really got Hamachi to work as intended but its a simple messenger never the less haha!

Heres whats going on.

1.) Hamachi works flawlessly on my wifes laptop. We have Windows 8 on it. When she logs into LogMeIn and opens up D2 TCP/IP games, it sucessfully changes her IP address to her Hamachi IP. So on her laptop, she can join my computer's hosted games no problem. Don't know why Hamachi works so well on her computer. We didn't have to do anything but download Hamachi. No port changing (Btw don't know how to do that) or disabling firewalls.

2.)Hamachi on my old computer (My D2 computer) does not work as intended. It does not change my comps IP, so when I load D2 TCP/IP games, it shows my current computers IP address even when I am logged into Hamachi. It should show Hamachi's address, and because it doesn't, I cannot join other peoples IP games, only can host. This works out well for my wife and I, because I host games and she joins. It would be nice though if I could join games on my computer however. I don't like playing on the laptop (X_X) So MP right now isn't possible for me.

3.)My best friend IRL has a similuar computer as me but sadly, I can't even play with him on IP games. He has the same problem with Hamachi, it won't change his IP address, thus we can't play together. I even tried to join him on my wife's laptop and this was not sucessful either. He is on my Hamachi network too btw. I don't know if my wife's laptop can join my computer because were on the same ISP or what, but makes no sense to me. He can host games but I can't join. He can't join me when I host. This was tried with my computer and my wifes laptop. Nothing works. We've tried everything within my power and knowledge.

4.)What Ive tried:
    Disabling Firewalls
    Going into my Firewall and adding Hamachi as an Exception
    Re-Installing D2 Re-Installing Hamachi
    Going into Network Setting and Making Hamachi as primary network. (This actually worked when I loaded up D2 TCP/IP game, my IP was Hamachi's but... I had no internet! LOL)
    Poured through the Hamachi manual and community forums with no success.

Also, when my bro and I went to "Other muliplayer" and then "Battlenet" we could log in, but neither of us could join public games or private games we made. Was super frustrating. In fact, this whole thing was really a nightmare. Weeks of heartache. I finally gave up 2 weeks back, but after seeing this thread, was going to give it one last try to set us up!

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the length of this help post! I hope to hear back from you someday in the future.

-Zero

First off, stupid question, but are you right clicking on the person's name in your network and copying the IP from there into the TCP/IP screen?

I've only had to deal with port forwarding etc when I want to host by IP address alone. I usually don't need to deal with that when using hamaichi.

If you are trying to play with other computers only on your own home network (i.e. you are both in the same house using the same wifi), you shouldn't even need to deal with any of this as you can just use the internal IP adress and it should work fine (the 192.168 whatever number)

Also, I'm not sure if this is a needed thing or not, but my displayed IP never changes to the hamaichi IP when I'm hosting, its always displayed as the internal IP number in game and it seems to work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post
    Also, I'm not sure if this is a needed thing or not, but my displayed IP never changes to the hamaichi IP when I'm hosting, its always displayed as the internal IP number in game and it seems to work just fine.
    Exactly the same for me, only ever displays my IP as 192.168.1.4
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

I think you're a little late cakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post
    I think you're a little late cakes.
    shush, it was still on the front page
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post
    shush, it was still on the front page
    It's a sticky?