Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: The SPF Hamachi FAQ

New member MmmmBob added.

IncGamers Member lionheartthebrave's Avatar

Hi guys, having issues

When I start Hamachi, it says it cannot find the Hamachi Network Adaptor, and suggests reading the forums at forums.hamachi.cc, it is fully allowed through zonealarm, and I havent fiddled with it since I last MPed

When I click on the link Firefox3 won't accept the site because it doesn't have a security certificate

Any idea what's going on? (no its not the ghost of Windows firewall haunting me)

Has your trial version of Hamachi expired since you last MP'd?

Mine has. Earlier today I got a message saying I wasn't pinging very well with Kyrandia, but I never followed it up to any extent. Not sure if the expiry prevents or limits connectivity (for our purposes 'MP'), and I won't be until I can test it with someone.

Sorry I can't help more.

IncGamers Member Cheese on Toast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lionheartthebrave View Post
    Hi guys, having issues

When I start Hamachi, it says it cannot find the Hamachi Network Adaptor, and suggests reading the forums at forums.hamachi.cc, it is fully allowed through zonealarm, and I havent fiddled with it since I last MPed

When I click on the link Firefox3 won't accept the site because it doesn't have a security certificate

Any idea what's going on? (no its not the ghost of Windows firewall haunting me)

Ive had this happen and it was because i had a it installed ona different drive than my windows drive (C when i formatted and re-installed windows, i thought i would work right out of the box - nope, had to delete it all (hamachi stuff) and re-install, heres a link to the direct download

Hamachi 1.0.3

CoT: it's on the C drive. and worked before with this setup

So this means every time the trial runs out I have to reinstall and get a new Hamachi IP/invitation to the network?

Well CoT et moi just played some MP over Hamachi, and this is after my trial ran out: For three hours in the early afternoon it worked fine, and as soon as it hit evening our lag hit mountainous proportions.

Devastating.

If more happens I will report here, but that's all I have for now.

I reinstalled the Hamachi program, and now i can access the network

Thanks to those you offered advice, guess it corrupted somehow

EDIT: what does that flashing green star by your name mean FE?

EDIT2: you are now unreachable FE

Last edited by lionheartthebrave; 19-10-2008 at 19:49.

This unreachable thing puzzles me too. Sometimes it helps to simply restart hamachi, sometimes it doesn't.

To be honest even as the host of the network I don't know that much about the program. You may be better off asking Cheese On Toast, but as he is very hard to get hold of, PMing him may have a batter success rate than simply posting here.

Recently as I stated, my trial licence expired and I've only had very limited MP since. I've also had strange interwebs troubles. I "lost" the internet for 24 hours and everything in my limited repetoire could not get it back until it magically reappeared.

[rant]

It may have been BT temp-banning me for trying to download 20 films and 50 albums at once, but dammit I needed them!

[/rant]

I suggest the best anyone can do is just post updates, ideas and suggestions. I doubt anyone will purchase the full version of Hamchi just to MP on an eight year old game, so I'm as lost as some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    I doubt anyone will purchase the full version of Hamchi just to MP on an eight year old game, so I'm as lost as some of you.
    I don't think that is necessary. Hamachi is free for non-commercial use. I too got the "license expired" message at some point, but I simply downloaded a new version and it has been working fine ever since. (It also says "Non-Commercial License" now when I move the mouse over the blue star at the top right of the window.)

Have you tried redownloading/reinstalling?