Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: The SPF Hamachi FAQ

Hello, I'd like to join the network, I haven't MP-ed in a loooong time. How do I get in?

I don't get Hamachi at all. I had the same problem the last time I had it installed, but someone had to walk me through it, and I've since then forgotten how to use it.

I have it installed, but when I go to join an existing network, it requires I enter a network name. What are these networks? Is it just "Network One" and "Network Two" as they were listed in the initial post? Do I have to send a PM to every single person who says they're hosting via hamachi to get the network name? What about the passwords?

The Hamachi guide doesn't explain any of this to me, so I don't quite understand at all. How do I join a game that someone is hosting using Hamachi? I'm also using whatever the newest version is at the website linked if that makes any difference.

@Nirolo: Sorry for not responding sooner. The original networks that you may have heard about are disbanded AFAIK. You could try asking to join a network in the FAM MP thread, if you have not already.

@Serdash: The networks Hamachi requires you to join can be created with the Create Network button. A popular one is here, though I am not sure if it is full. You must enter the network name and password in Hamachi and then (if there is space on the network) you will see the full network member list, along with their Hamachi IPs and their online status, and be able to ping and IM them at leisure. When one member is hosting an MP game, you simply copy their IP and paste it in D2's MP menu. I hope this helps, if it doesn't, please feel free to post again.

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

At least some of us actually migrated here, as we had minor difficulties getting back into the one linked by FE. Really though, I'm not sure if any of the networks are particularly popular these days, or at least the decline in games involving Hamachi on the forums make it seem that way.

So rather than posting "hosting a game via hamachi" wouldn't it be easier just to say "Hamachi game is up at <networkname>:<password>?

Oh well, I suppose next time I see a Hamachi game up I'll try one of the two given networks and passwords to figure it out.

I know this thread has been seven months without a post, but as I just referenced it in the (current) main 1.13 thread I thought I'd let y'all know I've updated (hopefully successfully) the initial post for newbies. The original networks are down but the guidelines/tech support/etiquette should still apply.

Thanks, FE.

IncGamers Member

Anyone out there willing to play some 1.13? Id be keen to start new characters or continue on already made ones.

IncGamers Member

I can only hope these threads see some life in them again. I am more definitely down to start new characters scotter. To any one else interested, post here, PM, do w/e you gotta do. Let's get a game on.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Veerschlee-2124

Anyone around? I would like to test this whole thing out with someone, someone hopefully with a handful of patience in their pockets. I'm not a top notch at setting up these kind of things.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

HERE! Here's the link!

http://hamachi.soft32.com/free-downl...FeuiPAodexcA4Q

Cripes, what a chore.