Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

How to post Wallpapers

If you are a registered user of these forums, you can upload images to the Gallery. Post your own fan art or wallpapers there and make a post about it in this forum to give yourself some publicity. We also make weekly posts on the site main page, pointing out new additions to the gallery.

Please don't put 6 or 8 versions of the same wallpaper, in a variety of sizes, into the wallpaper gallery. The best way to do it was pioneered by HolyKnight, and we recommend it. Make the wallpaper in a variety of sizes/dimensions, and upload all of them to your personal user gallery, with just one (the largest) in the main wallpaper gallery. Every image you upload goes into your user gallery; images will also go into the other galleries if you specify that as the target when you upload them. (Be sure you put one version of your wall into the wallpaper gallery, or else no one will see it in your member gallery.)

If you want to make it easy for people to appreciate your work, put links to the various sizes in the caption of the one you put in the main wallpaper gallery. For example. Also note that you can create subfolders in your user gallery to organize your work. Check out HolyKnight's, for example.

--Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator Holyknight3000's Avatar
    BattleTag Holyknight-1111

Re: How to post Wallpapers

Have any questions how i do it hollar ill show you the ropes. First and foremost though post your wall art in your own gallery like i have, and as Flux posted on the WW#4 post your largest wall and then make a post that links to your gallery sizes. By the way I do usually type my post in word, or some type of word processor. The posts use BBcode so use that code for [IMG]'s and [url]'s, that should help, got anymore Q's ill try and answer them or someone on the forums can if they beat me to it!

Now come on lets see what you have for wallpaper art. Show us your skills, let the d3 community know your there and have some talent, and show your support for the game!

HK

Here's some tips on posting iPhone wallpapers too. Make sure they are 320x480; no bigger, and no smaller. After that make sure when you post the image to also post a link that will direct link to the file itself. That way it will be easier for the iPhone users can download the image. I personally like using PNG's as my image format but people still use JPEG's as well. I just dont like the gallery compressing an already compressed image and making it look worse. So thats why i use PNG's.

Look at my posts in the iPhone Wallpaper Gallery for great examples.

Got any questings check my signature for a link to PM me. Thank you and enjoy!

Your friendly neighborhood Fan Creations Forum Moderator
    Creator of the Fiery Runes Series and Chronicles of the Dark Library
    Have any questions or suggestions please send me a Message

- The Runeweaver -

Hello. I'm new here. How do I post an image to the wallpaper gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by ArtofTy View Post
    Hello. I'm new here. How do I post an image to the wallpaper gallery?
    In the new gallery you go and click on upload photos in the upper right side. When that page loads click on the first upload and select the piece you want to upload. From there you give it a title. Maybe some text about it in the description. Then click submit once.

- The Runeweaver -

IncGamers Member

new here,give me more support ,thank you

Greetings all I must update this post as well. If you have any wallpaper artwork that you want to share with the community. Please use the methods I suggested on the How to Post New Fan Art post. If you have any questions please send me a PM or reply to one of these two posts.

Thank You!

HK

- The Runeweaver -