Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Ignore Target's Defense

How effective is Ignore Target's Defense?
    I have used both weapons with and without it, however, never really took the time to judge the difference between the two. Now, however, that I am socketing a weapon for my Zealer and only have four open spots on the weapon, it has come down to the decesion of either placing a Jah into the weapon or not.
    This will be PvM only and needs to be versatile for all monsters including bosses. Should I bother with it or move onto more needed things?

IncGamers Member

Re: Ignore Target's Defense

Really depends on what your attack rating will be.

ITD is great against normal monsters giving you 95% cth, however, if you have a high attack rating you're cth is going to be pretty good anyway.

Also it isn't going to help much v bosses and uniques/superuniques/champions, think it only works like -25% in those cases. Though someone should confirm/correct that.

ITD doesn't work against bosses, at all. -% def (like the -25% from Eth runes) works at half strength against bosses.

Hmm, on that note, if you overstack -Def (say, 150%). When you fight a boss will its defense be reduced by 50% (thus 100% being the cap) or 75%.

BattleTag Hrus-1210

Verashiden - it should be 75%.
    BTW, Defense vs Attack Rating is only 1 part of the formula, attacker leve vs defender lvl is the second, so if your level is considerably lower than monster level, you still won't have 95%. And also lot of monster can block attacks.