Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost dead

Almost dead

Your red ball was almost empty, but you could prevent the RIP-entry and want to give other people a change to learn from your mistake. Then tell your tale here ...

My summoning necro was cruising through Hell act 5, having a good time and carelessly clicked on an evil urn, thinking his skellies would easily kill, whatever spawned. Well the mob of the urn spawned exactly on top of my necro, so he was trapped in a circle of monsters and his skellies formed an outer circle arround the circle of monsters that collapsed after 8 big purples and a fast moving health during the time it took.

My sorc was doing nm-Baals and between the waves I cleared my inventory. The 4th wave spawned, I had pressed 'i' to close the inventory and faced an extra fast wave 4. My merc was trolling arround in the throne, so wave 4 surrounded me. No big deal, a teleport to reposition and ... wtf teleport didnīt work. My health melted away really fast and I had drunken the first two purples, when I realized what the problem was. I was still holding a skull from the inventory, which prevented my right mouse button from doing anything useful. After leftclicking it off, I could go on as usual.

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Re: Almost dead

Very hairy man! I've done the urn thing before as well, no wonder they are called evil!

To throw one out, as i'm sure people have done this one a few times, hitting 'enter' to bring up text to reply to someone's chat and then trying to use hotkeys for something and typing gibberish instead of the desired function, usually a 1111111 as you want a pot and your merc brought in some mob just offscreen and you paused to type in a seemingly safe enviroment!

EuHCL 'til I die...or lose my connection...

There was a funny post about playing HC drunk and let your last words be '1122334412341'.

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Quote Originally Posted by McCain123 View Post
    There was a funny post about playing HC drunk and let your last words be '1122334412341'.
    Linky me I wanna see! :grin:

There you go ... linky

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Thanks dude, I remember that and I don't usually remember a damn thing lol!

Waiting out lag spikes can be a bad idea aswell. I was on my way to mephi with my sorc, when I lagged. I waited arround 10 seconds, then the game started to catch up, with dolls exploding, big heary beasts hitting me and all the funny stuff. 12 ( !!! ) big purples later I was still alive, and I wonīt do it anymore ... I think

My sorc almost died yesterday.

Opened a door in tal rasha's tomb and..

SWOOSH!!11!!
    I have apparitions biting me everywhere , and my life goes to just a few %. Extra fast fanaticism aura enchanted bosspack

I believe it was the FHR of my spirit that got me out of that one.

Conclusion:
    Use telekinesis to open doors, or if you don't have the skill, don't stand in doorways if you don't know what's in the room you're about to enter... Depending on what monster types are in the area of course. Watch out for fast moving stuff!

IncGamers Member

Nearly lost my 74 Necro last night in a solo NM Baal

CE'd a doll pack while standing just that little bit too close, had about 1mm of red orb left after that. If I hadn't put a few points into Bone Armour, it would have been deeds.

Conclusion:
    I hate dolls... they took my last necro and nearly got this one. Oh, and Gloams suck as well

Quote Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
    CE'd a doll pack while standing just that little bit too close, had about 1mm of red orb left after that. If I hadn't put a few points into Bone Armour, it would have been deeds.
    Just to mention, when you are around Dolls, consider using Decrp over Amp. The -enemy damage applies to their death explosion, so it effectively cuts it in half. So a ~500 death blow (1,000 if it rolls that 5% critical) is cut down to ~250.

As for me, one I can remember.... I believe it was recently with my Hdin, fighting a pack thinking "Well, they can hurt, but not much unless alot of them come at once, its only NM" follow by "holy crap my life bulb!" *juvies*

Or, Hephisto, who was a lovely Fana, ES, Amp'er. Was cleaning River with my Rift-A-Sin for a forge, I knew hit would hit hard, but I thought 30% DR, Block, and BO/Shout would serve me well. Well, it kinda did, as for if I didn't have BO, his seemingly ~1,500 damage hit would wiped my ~1,300 base life, yeah.....