Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Elemental Templar Guide - V1.01

Hi!

Many thanks for the guide

Some Baal runs ago and I had the luck to get an Azurewrath and now I'm trying a Pure Eletemplar.

If I find/trade it all I'm aiming for this:

That nice sword, Dragon scale, Guardian angel, Crown of Ages, upped String of Ears, Draculís grasp, Gore riders, Highlords Wrath, Raven frost, Bul Kathos wedding band, Hand of the blessed light sceptre and Herald of Zakarum shield.

I have to spend more points in strenght because of the dragon scale and crown of ages but I think I'll enjoy the paladin look a lot

I'll have 5(7) sockets (two in the crown and one in each weapon, shield and armor). What should I use?

1- The perfect (but impossible) solution, perhaps 7 rainbow facet? If so, whick ones? Cold for the azurewrath or lightning for the sword and FoH?

2- The more realistic solution?

What about jewels of thunder and lightning? You can get up to 1-100 lightning damage on these sorts of jewels with secondry mods. Might take a bit of tracking down, but well worth it imho.
    facets are not much use because the negative to resists is off little use with conviction and the plus side is to element skill, not items so really all a facet does for you is the level up/die and add elemental damage which you can usually equal/beat with regular jewels.

I was also thinking in the 3-5% to Lightning skill damage for the FoH and/or 3-5% to cold skill damage for the sword? Or the facets only increase the damage of skills?

Only works for skills so yes, it's good for FoH, but won't work with the cold damage on the sword.

IncGamers Member

Im gonna try to play Pally next and this sounds like something that could be fun.
    However my concern is if it's a good build playing on a LAN-game and not on Bnet with 2 friends?

IncGamers Member

This build and the subsequent inspired ones look amazing!

But I have to wonder for the inventory: combat skillers make a lot of sense as a FoH, Zeal, and Sacrifice addition - but with a dual dreamadin would defensive skillers start to do more damage with the +lit resist? certainly they would be cheaper by a long shot too.

Anyone know the calculations or a calculator for that?

Thanks!

Synergies only take into account the skill points you've put into them directly, additional levels from +skill items/charms won't add any extra damage, so defensive skillers are useless to increase your damage I'm afraid :(

IncGamers Member

A question about this last post: Crescent Moon's chances to lvl 17 chain lightning will improve the level 17 of the chain lightning if you wear Harlequin Crest, SoJ or other +items?

No, the level of the chance to cast spells will stay the same regardless of the amount of +skill items equipped.

IncGamers Member

I have an question: can this paladin pvp?