Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Diablo 1 bugs

I have the Playstation version and I have never experienced any bugs for it. Peace, Squid

IncGamers Member

Doombringer(-20% LR), Nightscape (-40% LR), Gotterdamerung (-40% LR) or Viel of Steel (-20% LR), Split Skull SHield (-10% LR) or Blackoak Shield (-10% LR), Then wear Constricting Rings.

Up to -110% LR (if no cap on LR deduction) or -90% LR. This makes you virtually unseen. The Doombringer and Gotterdamerung have nice stats, but the Gotterdamerung's Res All = 0 always is bad. But if thos ranged attackers can never see you until you're next to them, theres not much harm. The Viel of Steel is only availble in SP, not MP, so in SP use Viel.

I once had the Doombringer and I believe the Split Skull, and that significalntly reduced the aggro radius that I had to be2 squares within the monster to hav him see me. The Doombringer does nice dmg anyways.

And yes, the double usage of spells works for staves if you have only one charge left.

IncGamers Member

I was wondering though, how can you access the cut content on the Diablo 1 CD, ive been trying to get to the Butcher cutscene and other sound and pix files, but I just dont know how, anyone can help?

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it is something very strange:
    I have a single-player sorcerer, and he has the optic amulet from the SP quest. When I got to dlvl 13 I found he couldn't kill well, so I made a new game to get more xp. After getting to around dlvl 4 of the new game, I noticed that the optic amulet had "changed" into a mana potion. When I mouse over the "amulet" it's described in the bar at the bottom as a mana potion, unique item. In the unique description it's the Empyrean Band, with +0 to all attributes, +0% light radius, +0% light radius (yes, it appears twice), and absorb half trap damage. Is this caused by the halls of the blind quest not being in the new game? It's very odd.

IncGamers Member GuardianHadriel's Avatar
    BattleTag namesOnkeL-2763

odd bug, cralz....the worst problem(bot a bug) ive experienced was saving 2 seconds before death....all i could do was to press new game...crap
    playstation sux

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanide View Post
    The 'absorbs 1/2 trap damage' modifier, frequently found on rings but it is a low mlvl (so you need to hunt around in Normal church/cats for it) is bugged and actually reduces all damage from spells (and possibly projectiles like arrows?) by half.

Pretty sure that was fixed in Hellfire, and possibly in the later patches also.

Also not really a bug, but the monster activation radius (or 'aggro' as it's now so quaintly called) depends on your light radius, so items that reduce the radius can be considered 'better', even though they're technically cursed.
    WOW, really? I always throw away that trap damage rings I find all the time thinking theyre crap, but really they would cut a fireball in half??? maybe my warrior could beat a few sorcs after all!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianHadriel View Post
    odd bug, cralz....the worst problem(bot a bug) ive experienced was saving 2 seconds before death....all i could do was to press new game...crap
    playstation sux
    yeah, and also a bad variation of that is in MP when youre getting whoops and you try to leave game (to save yourself) but you accentially die the same time you leave, and lose all your stuff :(

I just encountered odd bug that after opening the last 'seal' (or skullswitch or whatever it was) and going close where Diablo and his minions are, the place was not there at all. No walls, no logo on the ground nor anything. I was bit wtf for a while, checked the place thoroughly but nothing. It was like that until I reloaded the save and suddenly the place was back there.

I don't know if this was random bug in Hellfire 1.01 or what. Atleast I didn't save in wrong spot in order to find up dying the moment I load the save

There are so many

IncGamers Member

I just played it through once again and noticed something awesome.
    I played all the difficulties and when I got to Diablo on nightmare I noticed that he was multiplying, after a while I realized that it was one of my items doing it. "Overlord's helm" when I removed it he stopped to multiply but by then I already had 7 diablos to face... Hope you try this out!