Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 1 bugs

You can make a golem walk in the direction you want simply by holding shift and attacking in that direction (his movement direction appears to correlate to where you are facing). Not sure if that's common knowledge or not O_o

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Every succubus on the entire level with a direct LoS to the golem will fire at him, but other monsters don't react in that fashion.
    Ahhh yes, that's correct. It actually made it rather useful for detecting where the succubi were in any given room. They never actually activated and started walking around though, did they?

Not really a bug, but a quirk in the system - in MP, you get full EXP for any monster that dies that you have injured. So to maximize your EXP, you and your friend should each hit each enemy at least once. Stone curse doesn't do any damage, so a mage that is SC everything won't get any EXP from the level. I think in Hellfire (definitely in some mods), they made SC do 1 point of damage so that a mage would also share in the benefit from their invaluable service.

IncGamers Member

According to jarulf's guide, the shared XP isn't full - the base experience is shared and then used in the XP formula. Players still get more XP from a monster collectively when killing it together than just killing it alone, AFAIK. But when factoring in the speed, it's not worth waiting for every player to hit a monster before you let it die It would be a good way to fast-level a character (take a low level char to deep level, stone curse a monster and let the low level hit it once before killing it) if it wasn't for the XP cap in multiplayer. However, it would still get you relatively fast to level ~15 (7-10 monsters per level in levels 3-12 if the XP cap is reached with every monster).

A sure way to kill Diablo: make a golem and let diablo kill you. Diablo will keep hammering your body and the golem will slowly kill diablo for you. Just remember to unequip all your items as the game will end after diablo is killed (and you would lose your gear that dropped in the ground because diablo killed you..)!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kunzaito View Post
    I've read that the golem's aggro radius is sort of "partially" infinite - basically, enemies won't activate and swarm him, but ranged attackers sense and fire at him from any distance.
    There's builds based entirely around the reverse of this. Essentially you stack -light radius items and use infravision to fight, it's pretty cool. No monster will see you unless you're right on top of them. (since light radius determines aggro radius)

Last edited by fyyer; 20-07-2008 at 10:28.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman View Post
    A sure way to kill Diablo: make a golem and let diablo kill you. Diablo will keep hammering your body and the golem will slowly kill diablo for you. Just remember to unequip all your items as the game will end after diablo is killed (and you would lose your gear that dropped in the ground because diablo killed you..)!
    You don't drop your gear when killed on level 16 though.

IncGamers Member

Also if he casts apocalypse a few times that could knock the Golem out. I don't know for sure if he'd do that in a 1-on-1 fight with a corpse, but I suspect he might.

IncGamers Member

I've got Jarulf's guide now, and apparently 'of thieves', the 1/2 trap damage suffix, only does 1/2 trap damage in Diablo - you need Hellfire to get the additional half spell/arrow damage also.

One bug I forgot to mention which is quite nifty, is that if you double click twice quickly when using a scroll (either on the scroll in your INV, or when it is set on your RMB), you can get 2 casts of the spell off. So you can get 2x FW (good for low level mages in the cats), or 2x Nova or 2x Apocalypse - enough to kill some enemies in Normal difficulty. I believe this may also work with staves, although not sure on that.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phredreeke View Post
    You don't drop your gear when killed on level 16 though.
    Which introduces a fun quirk for Beyond Naked variant characters.

Chances are extremely good that Byeond Naked variants will have an item that reduces their health. Now, when you restart in town, you restart on 1 health. If you have an item that reduces your HP equipped and you die on level 16, you will restart in town...as a corpse, since the item will drop you back down below 0

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swiffer View Post
    Which introduces a fun quirk for Beyond Naked variant characters.

Chances are extremely good that Byeond Naked variants will have an item that reduces their health. Now, when you restart in town, you restart on 1 health. If you have an item that reduces your HP equipped and you die on level 16, you will restart in town...as a corpse, since the item will drop you back down below 0
    Yeah I didn't remember that about lvl 16

So if beyond naked characters dies in lvl 16 they will be permanently dead? Or will they just die in town and drop their gear? I guess that's the only way to get killed in town, eh?

IncGamers Member

Not sure if this would be considered a bug or not (atleast I'd call it rather annoying). If more than one golem is out at any given time, wether or not the players are friendly or not, the golems will attack each other til one wins.
    I've never had this problem since I only play multi by myself. But if I had to play with others I'd be upset to find this out after having say just purchased a book of golem spell. ;p Talk about wasted gold at the moment.