Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Hardcore Weekend Fun 2

Sanctuary's damage to undead is bugged. It doesn't work on the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by RTB
    <RTB> the ed% is applied to the enemies, not you.
    I've a slightly different build in mind, so hopefully it'll come out well.
    And yeah, sorry about later today, but I really didn't expect it would be finalised yesterday.

Available for pretty much the whole day, not the evening though
    But I'm in GMT+1 and not +2 like the table says

Cheers

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

I'm quite happy on whatever team; leave me on that one for now.

DaveW what do you really want to play? I'm really quite flexible. I was thinking singer for the crowd control but the bear will do that too. Having two tanks wouldn't hurt though.

What time are we (if we are) starting tomorrow. I can't do anything without at least two teas, so I need to factor that in.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

IncGamers Member

Oy, I didn't think I'd be the tank. I was thinking making a paladin like the one outlined here, though tweaked some. I suppose that build could technically tank, especially if something is put into holy shield, but I don't know.

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=537

20 prayer/holy bolt, at least 1 meditation (this will overshadow prayer since it'll do prayer's healing too, I believe), at least 1 point into the defensive auras except the single resist ones, etc...

Not sure if I'd max blessed hammer/foh though, but we'll see. More base points in some auras may be better since we'd be untwinked and trying to survive.

Is there a different method of communication we can all use that's more instantaneous (irc, aim, voice chat, etc)?

Jaqen - I'd suggest using Cleansing as the aura that includes Prayer. It's 1 less skill point than meditation (not a big deal,) but Meditation can be obtained through Insight, at a higher level.
    So basically, you'd have a Prayer merc, wielding Insight for both Prayer, and a synergised Meditation (2x healing,) plus you'd have you own Cleansing aura for a 3rd healing aura.

As to voice chat, there is some options, however, not everyone has microphones. While they can join the channel and follow instructions, receive chat, they'd still have to type theirs in. Such programs are Vent.

IncGamers Member

That sounds clever. I recently got insight on my sc sorc's merc (and it turned my sorc from a completely slow/sucky killer to awesome instantly), and I had trouble enough doing that! If we're playing untwinked and are only doing one pass through in each area, do you guys really think I should rely on getting the runes/weapon to make insight and such with?

And yeah, been using vent while playing with people already. Just saying, it's really nice to have. Especially if you're in a sticky situation... can just say "help me" or whatever rather than type it.

We need to start already! This is sounding so fun.

Alright, let me get this straight for team 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Xdeathfire View Post
    I am available GMT 900-1300, and after 1700 until basically the end of Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milb View Post
    I'm available after 11am tomorrow (1000 GMT?), and am available for most of the day, may need a couple of hours off to go (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefimas View Post
    Available for pretty much the whole day, not the evening though
    But I'm in GMT+1 and not +2 like the table says
    Code:
    Availability in GMT
    Forum name        Char build     Timezone  Availability  Host?  Merc 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core: Xdeathfire  Windy Mauler   GMT -5    9-13,17+      ???    Act 2 Might
    Core: Greebo      SF-GS-FW sorc  GMT -4    anytime       Yes    Act 2 Def/Pr
    Core: Jaqen	  Paladin        GMT -5    Most of it    ???    Act2 or Barb
    Euro: Zefimas     Poison/Summon  GMT +1    Not evening   ???    ???
    Euro: Milb        Druid          GMT +1    10+           ???    ???
    It seems to me we have two options:
    (1) GMT 1000
    (2) GMT 1700
    Since GMT 1000 is 6am for me, I'd obviously prefer option (2)

Zefimas: what constitutes an evening? If the session is 3 hours, and we're done by 2000 GMT, 9pm local time, is that fine, or can you not make it?

Jaqen: Could you please confirm you are indeed available in above mentioned time slots?

Everybody: Can you clarify your hosting abilities? I have no problems hosting usually, but if one of my roommates is using bittorrent a lot, we might have a ping problem. That rarely happens, and I don't expect it to come up, but I'd be nice to have a backup. Also, I don't think we need to decide on Mercs right now, but we should before the 2nd session.

As a side remark: Thyiad seems to be the only one able to host in Team 1 and Ardo is their only tank, so I think teams stay as they are, until 2 people die, when we merge.

--Greebo

IncGamers Member

HWF Team 1:
    Code:
    Forum name         Char build         Timezone  Availability  Host?  Merc 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core: Cwicseolfor  Enchantress        GMT +10   04:00 - 17:00 No   Barb
    Core: Drystan      Special            GMT +10   Most of it*   No   We'll see
    Core: DaveW        Unsure/PSsin(?)    GMT +12   Most of it    No   Act 2 HF
    Euro: Thyiad       Cheapsin/Barb(?)   GMT +1    Most of it    Yes  Barb
    Euro: Ardo         Summoner Shockbear GMT +2    14:00 - 03:00 No   We'll see

Tanks: Ardo
    Artillery: Cwicseolfor, DaveW
    Unknown: Thyiad, Drystan
    Right, I have changed my availabilty time. I don't know which timezone I should use for it though, but I put it in GMT +0. I might not be available for the whole time because of some rl stuff though

-edit- Huh... Do I need to change the team? Since It comes out, that I am mostly available for the evening time at my place...

-edit2- Thyiad could be the tank for team 1 then. Maybe I could change with Milb? And 17:00 GMT would be great for me too...

Last edited by Ardo; 12-07-2008 at 19:43.

IncGamers Member

I'm just trying to figure out what time GMT 1700 is. Would that be 12 pm est (-5 gmt)? If so then yeah, that'd work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqen View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out what time GMT 1700 is. Would that be 12 pm est (-5 gmt)? If so then yeah, that'd work.
    Correct, it's noon. --Greebo