Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Will you play single player first?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 38.89%
  • No

17 47.22%
  • I don't know

5 13.89%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Will you play single player first?

Are you going to play the single player game first before you jump into multiplayer? Personally, I normally do but after becoming so accustomed to multiplayer in D2 I'm not sure I can go back to SP, even if it's a new game.

IncGamers Member ExtraStrongFireEnchanted's Avatar

Re: Will you play single player first?

That's something to think about. I vote I don't know. If leaked alpha/beta/demo whatever is available much earlier than MP, then I probably won't resist to try it. Never really thought about this, I already picked barb as my first character for MP HC, so I'll probably try other class in SP, like Witch Doctor. Love jungles, love the concept

I am predominantly a Single Player gamer. I do everything Single Player, and if I enjoy it, sometimes I'll go into multiplayer with it. With D2, I wasn't a huge battle.net guy - I played with my brother over LAN most often. But I've done my fair share of online gaming with strangers too. Definitely Single Player first. I might go multiplayer at the same time with another class; but I will always stay a few missions behind my SP so I can fully immerse myself into the story properly. Multiplayer tends to jump around, skip dialogue, and go too fast for me.

I vote no.

I have already promised people I know(family and RLfriends) to start the game together. I think its more fun to explore the game with others. Also another reason is I can't wait to see the new 2.0 Bnet and the features.

Last edited by raveharu; 08-07-2008 at 07:39.

I always play only single player, there is no reason for me to change now. If my cousin gets the game too then we might do a couple of LAN games but thats about it. My goal is the beat the computer to death :grin:

IncGamers Member

Re: 3xcuriousity

I couldnt get myself to play singleplayer.. it'd be torture to know that all my friends.. would be gaining levels.. I'd rather be playin with everyone!! not alone.. id go insane!

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    I think its more fun to explore the game with others.
    If they are friends and family, and you all play at the same pace - I would agree. I do a lot of D2 with my brother, but he plays really fast and seems to skip a lot of dialogue. I think he would listen to the quest dialogue - but I love engaging in all the different convos. So while I'm sitting there listening to Warriv's gossip, he's wiped out the Den of Evil on his own. =P

That's why I play single player first. I can go at my own pace and do everything I want. Even though exploring the game with others is more fun, it's less fun if you can't explore at the same pace. That's just me though. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaru View Post
    If they are friends and family, and you all play at the same pace - I would agree. I do a lot of D2 with my brother, but he plays really fast and seems to skip a lot of dialogue. I think he would listen to the quest dialogue - but I love engaging in all the different convos. So while I'm sitting there listening to Warriv's gossip, he's wiped out the Den of Evil on his own. =P

That's why I play single player first. I can go at my own pace and do everything I want. Even though exploring the game with others is more fun, it's less fun if you can't explore at the same pace. That's just me though. =)
    What a coincedence, if I wouldn't know better I'd think you were my brother. You just described the exact same d2 relation I have with my own brother

Im ze speedy type of player, pure MP for me. I will probably play a tad slower the first time around, but not much

IncGamers Member

Re: 3xcuriousity

Im prolly gonna paly coop with some friends i hope

IncGamers Member

Absolutely. First, second, and probably permanently. There'd have to be something amazing to make me play multiplayer. The exception possibly being if I were to play it with a few other single-player style players.