Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Official D3 Forum Introductions Thread

Hello! 31 male from Sweden. Never got around to finish D1 but have played D2 and LoD quite alot since 2000 and still do, mostly with a friend of mine or single player. Was involved in the HGL beta and purchased it but like several others stopped playing in November (actually reinstalled this weekend, sadly still not so impressed). Never tried WoW and dont plan to.

Have been snooping around here for some time but never registered, but with the Greatest Announcement of all Time (henceforth known as the GAT) it was time to get involved. And like most here: Cant wait to get my hands on D3!

IncGamers Member

Hey all. I started playing Diablo 1 when it came out among other games, and then I played Diablo 2 seriously for years until WoW came out. (D2 was my longest played game until WoW came out). Crazy timing, though, since I just canceled my WoW account a couple months ago, and now I'm excited to follow the development of D3!

I used to read the diabloii.net forums quite a bit when I played D2 and finally created an account towards the end and posted a bit. I barely remembered my login name and it's kind of weird to see that my last login was November 20, 2005 at 18:44...

Well this was a bit of a full circle for myself. I used to write for a competing website back in the diablo 2 release days. I wrote articles and reported news for Diablo Forge, posted in the diabloii.net forums and was in both d2 beta's and the stress test for the expansion. I was either going by this name or LaMagra (name I wrote under.)

The diablo 3 announcement drew me back to diablo 2 and I am back playing the expansion. I'm a 25 year old IT Professional from Edmonton, Alberta... that's in Canada for you slower folks/americans.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Javazon-1403

I been reading this page for a LONG time! I started by playing diablo 1 back in late 1996/1997. I really got into it in feb 1997 when i had a nasty ear infection which made me home bound for few weeks!

I did d2 beta test and then stress test, some of my items were posted on here (from beta) and some magazine interviews me since i was top3 on the west stress test level ladder. I got to lvl 21 just by doing First 2 areas

I been here ever since, i used to be a big poster on the old bnet forums (the ones with tree style forums) when they weren't moderated and did not require cdkeys

I have been retired since late 2003, and just read now awaiting d3.

Heck, flux and i been corresponding on and off (i think i emailed him d2 beta items screenshots) for the last 8 years

Hey, hey hey.

19 years old, college student just chillin chillin in the southeast US of A. Got back after college for the summer and started work, realized quickly that I would need a rewarding game that didn't cost me anything to burn up my free time. Had been playing a lot of DotA in college, that got old fast. Tried playing some first person shooters, some SSBB, but was really lookin for something to get immersed in. I bounced around quite a bit going through my old games (HGL, GW, Fable, even KOTOR) before finally deciding on d2exp. Right when d3 was announced, me and all my friends went nuts and it was like a freshman year reunion, we all picked it back up and are all playing currently.

Check me on the East HCL, c0lt_45 is the account. I will be getting d3 the day it comes out for sure, and will be pwnin some monsties for years to come

Quote Originally Posted by BattleQueen View Post
    Heya! I've been a fan since the game was released in 1996 and became an addict soon after. Even lost a cushy job once cuz I spent way too much time on this game when I shd be sleeping/working/eating. So far I had only one lvl 99 character - an amazon, though nowadays I can't be bothered to build any character beyond 95. I have been an active trader in the East forums since 2000. Unfortunately there are hardly any old timers left who remembers me frm back then. Remember Eastern Sun mod anyone?

Just when I thought I'd give up D2, D3 is now in the pipeline... Yippee!
    Hello BQ

I started D2 in september 2004 with single player, moved to Bnet a month later. Following my registration i have been quite active on these forums, especially the East trading one.

Nowaday i'm more often playing the PS3 (MGS4, Rockband and GTAIV) but i still log on and play some D2. I didn't start that the new ladder but all my NL chars are regulary refreshed.

It's fun to see so many new peeps around here, and older ones that come back because of D3.

IncGamers Member Denton the Nietzschen's Avatar

Hi, guys.

Anyways, I'm John from Oregon. I first played Diablo II back in 2002. It would prove to suck up many hours of my time. I thought all the ****ing weapons were cool, and I loved being a necromancer. But that Delial at the end of ACT II was one tough sonofa*****! I would go on to play Warcraft III after finishing this game. But my memory of this game has laxed.

I never got around to posting in here. Here goes.

Her ^_^ I'm 21 and started D2 in '02 and have been on-again-off-again. Like *insert addictive drug*, you can walk away, but you always come back. Right now I'm running through SP Players8 with Firewall/Orb/? Sorc, NM Trav lvl 62. You get to appreciate the story a lot more this way, and with the announcement of D3 I'm stoked.

I'm in good company with Zalcitabine and BattleQueen going before me.

I dabbled with Diablo 1 and then again a couple years later with Diablo 2 in single player only. It was around 2004 when my son purchased another copy of the game that I started playing it with more enthusiasm and soon became, as many have already stated, "addicted". I've been through 2 ladder resets and consider myself a builder rather than a magic finder. I became intrigued with the many possible and interesting character classes and skill combinations and I sought to come up with a truly unique and all powerful build that nobody had tried before. I don't think that is possible anymore but, I have tried countless builds and have even authored a couple guides on particular builds in which I had interest.

I'm am looking forward to Diablo 3 to continue my addiction.

A special thanks to the founders and moderators here at diii.net. It is while interacting on these very professionally run forums that I have exchanged ideas and loot with numerous nice persons I have met and continue to meet throughout the world.

safetypro

IncGamers Member

Long story here boys and girls; put some tea on.

I am now 29. I first played the D1 demo at a friend's house back in highschool. I was using drugs at the time, but the demo was so fun I didn't get around to using the small amount of drug I had brought with me that night. The next day we had to get up early for school.

A while latter, I visited another friend's house and I stayed up all night playing a D1 warrior. I visited again later and this time my friend had bnet access. The noteworthy points were: we wasted far too much time chatting with people, and my friend tried to show me how to dupe elixers. He spent 20 minutes or so trying this silly method where you drop it and pick it up really fast or something. I learned that at this rate, it was a complete waste of time. Later on, my friend told me of all the hacks he had found on the internet where he could mess up anyone he wanted to by making their stuff disappear or something. He also claimed his armaggedon mage could take out my warrior easily. I never played D1 online again.

Later, I bought a computer just so I could play d1. I had college coming up anyway, so that was a secondary good excuse to buy a computer. I got a warrior named Jesus Christ up to lev 38 or 39 with all the zodiac gear and what not. I didn't have internet access so no bnet.

Later, d2 came out and I got dial up. Lots of lag got me killed alot. I had a thing for lancazons, just because ms bowazons were so cookie cutter at that time. When LoD came out, I thought the assassin and druid look like the most retarded classes ever designed. I never played them, and I hated how all the pelts and claws would drop instead of classic gear.

Later, university came along and I couldn't play for many years. When I started up again, it was a whole new ballgame. When people wanted keys I wondered why they didn't just buy them from Akara. My computer by that time was too old and made me invalid in partys. I stopped playing for a while due to lag.

Later, I bought a $1000 new computer with 2 gigs plus some video RAM and the lag problems went away forever. I became known as a god on bnet by some friends. I spent a long time trying to get a perfect bowazon build. Javazons had become the new cookie cutter builds, so I felt it was OK and somewhat original to make a powerful bowazon. I had made 2 lev 96 bowazons, one lev 95, and a few lev 70-80's. I finally got the glass cannon build perfected and the only thing I don't have is a 45-120 artisan's tiara of nirvana (30 dex) which was always a sort of holy grail for me. After solving the riddles of a the bowazon, I went after the ladder.

I had started up on bnet a bit late in the ladder season and I never made it to the bottom which was lev 97. The ladder was anounced to be reset, so I was thrilled and spent long hours pacing around planning out my ladder zon. She would basically be the same build as before which would be hard to level fast due to the reliance on gear, but the end reward would be great independance and power. Unfortunately, I did not factor in Baal bots...these allowed people to level faster than myself. My glass cannon could not risk stepping through someone else's tp in a run because one bad tp could spell my chr's death and exp loss. I got to lev 96, but about 40 hours of solo playing from reaching the bottom of ladder. I realized that I wanted to play legit and not depend on brats and their cookie cutter baal runs. This meant I would automatically fail at making the ladder.

Meanwhile, my face was developing these large red patches. I realized it must be from my faulty monitor, pehaps with a leak in the cathode tube (not sure). I learned that the old clunky monitors emit xrays (the dark screen I'm told contains a lead shield to block some of these rays). X-rays are part of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum with higher frequency than ultrviolet rays and will pass through all tissues except bone and teeth causing damage.

I got a device that allowed me to play d2 on my old TV set, but the picture was blurry and I had no sound. I had to tell all my friends to use CAPSLOCK when messaging me--it was the only way I could read. I managed to make out some of the blurry words people used in trades, but it really was bad when they told me to join norm games which was always some random string of letters and numbers which I could not decipher. I would have to write "Wait!!!" Then, "Can you capslock the game name?" They would say "?" and I would have to explain my TV for monitor situation. It made for some strange trade games. Sometimes we would set up a trade, and the guy would say "goto ferr1//12" and they would jump out right away so it was a loss of effort. Even worse, I would host Chaos runs and I could not read my own game number because the TV plastic frame around the screen cut off the top right corner of the screen. I had to ask the leechers what game it was.

In time my face healed. Later, I got a huge flat screen monitor for Christmas. My power and wealth on USEast increased substantially. Recently, the ladder reset again. With nothing left to accomplish except the pride of being on the ladder, I decided to compete again. I realized all those years of trying to make ladder could have resulted in success if I had been playing hc instead. Just looking at the hc ladder showed a much lower level at the bottom. I guess there are fewer bot runs and legit baal runs due to pk problems. So, having overplayed the amazon, I started a hc bonemancer on new hc ladder.

Things were going perfectly. After the ladder reset, I spent 6 days playing d2 all day. I made it to the 80th spot on the hc ladder playing only solo since all of my friends were sticking to non-ladder or sc. Then, low and behold, d3 gets anounced. So I figgure "what's the point?" and I stopped playing for a few days since d3 is coming out anyways. I started spending my time on these forums reading and writing about d3. I go back on bnet every few days and play for several hours, but my necro has fallen way the hell down to the 300's on the ladder. So I spent many years playing, had wonderful times and great experiences, but I never managed to conquer the ladder as I had hoped. It was a fun obsession, but think of how all of what we have built up on d2 may be in vain since d3 is going to knock our socks off and we won't have time for much serious d2 play.

In any case, I'm buying it, you're buying it, and I'll hope to see you all there in d3 land spending another 10 years making so many mistakes.

Last edited by stillman; 12-07-2008 at 07:09.