Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Official D3 Forum Introductions Thread

Hello Community!

I am 27 years old and I am a Blizzard fan since the first minute of playing D1. Although I have played D1 and D2 a lot, I am quite new to playing Diablo online, because I had no Internet access back then. We played small LAN Sessions with no more than 4 players, so I look forward to my first real battlenet experience with D3. I am definitely not a hardcore 24/7 gamer, but I enjoy spending some of my free time bashing monsters and slashing demons. Who doesn't, ey?

I keep a small blog dedicated to D3, located at http://diablo3secrets.********.com/ where I will publish my experiences with the game and collect links to interesting articles and discussions.

The reason I am here and not over at the official Blizzard Forum is the friendly atmosphere. What the heck is wrong with the people over there? Or did I just read the wrong threads?

Well, however... Can't wait for D3, although I know how long it might be until I can finally play it...

IncGamers Member

I am 40 years old swedish male and was playing Diablo back in 1996 when it came out in sweden and then some years. After a while me and a friend of mine started the 'Swedish Diablo II' site. That went on for some years until Diablo II came out (played it like crazy) and then a bit after the expansion pack came out I just stopped playing Diablo II, stopped with the site and never turned back really. Never even played WOW if dont count the beta that Id tried.

BUT now I am all over D3

IncGamers Member

Let's see... I was introduced to D1 by a friend shortly after it came out and I was hooked. I started frequenting Dii.net in late 1998 just to keep abreast of the latest news on the development of DII. Pre-ordered the collectors edition the first day it was available.

I bet that if I added it all up, I could break down my cost of playing DII in hours per penny - I've spent so much time playing DII - it's the biggest addiction that I've ever had. I still play single player on players 8 and mainly run a defense based sorcy.

I was an active member of the single player forum from 2001-03. I still drop in from time to time. I also contributed some writing for Dii.net in 03'.

Looking forward to the release of D3 and keeping up on the news.

D2 was my first online game. I couldn't count the number of days I must have whittled away on it. Spent several years playing D2 exclusively before it just clicked that I had accomplished all I would ever be able to in the game, and it just felt like there was nothing left to do, so I stopped playing. That was 5 or 6 years ago. After that I moved onto Warcraft 3, then Star Wars Galaxies, and then (and still to an extent) World of Warcraft.

Once I heard that D3 was probably going to be announced at the WWI, I started getting urges for D2 again. Now I've gone full circle and i'm back where my online gaming addiction began, with D2.

Have to say, I have never been as excited for a new game as I am with D3. I'm looking forward to hearing more information as it gets released.

IncGamers Member

Hello all. I am a 22 year old female from DFW, Texas.
    I started playing Diablo 2 a few years ago, and i pretty much haven't done anything else since i started playing! I still can't believe that i had never played the game before a few years ago, but i generally stick to console gaming, and i'm a big fan of Nintendo.

It's nice to meet you all.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention, I got into the Diablo 2 stresstest. Remember the beta to test battle.net capacity? The storyline was only up to Blood Raven, which become the boss everyone run. The best items were gems, which had to be upgraded without the cube = gem shrines! Perfect gems were really pricey. Barbarian was the only playble class, with masteries and bash as skills. The highlest level character was 22 in the ladder, but it was really grindy after low teens.

Anyone remember the stresstest or participated in it? I still feel lucky to find a gem shrine and kind of that magical feeling when cold plains opens up to stony field

I always feel like these introductions should go something like HI! Im a Taurus from Pennsylvania! My likes are kittens, chocolate and the beach! My dislikes are tomatoes, the dark, and mean people!

But instead, Ill write that I am originally from Pennsylvania, USA, and moved to The Netherlands in 2007. My boyfriend introduced me to the wonderful game of Diablo 2: LOD at that time, and now I am an addict! Hes been playing forever, since the original Diablo, and now in just a couple of months I think Im more into it than he is! Both of us are really excited about D3, though. We drooled over the gameplay video a couple of times. Cant wait!

This is my first post ever on these forums, Ive mostly been lurking for months. Hopefully that will change! Hello to everyone here!

p.s... In some of the other forums, they steal things from you and kick you. They don't do that here, do they?

*holds tightly to pants and wallet, while guarding shins*

Well I've started playing Diablo since the first one came out. I became a huge fan of it and basically followed it through all its history ( Hellfire included ) I've been playing D2X for quite some years now as most ppl here lol. I have read all the books out to date. I just became a member of this site but that doesnt mean that I'm new to it, this has been my main source for information from the times of Diablo 2. I decided to join when D3 was announced and here I am, keeping myself up to date with everything that happens until the game is finally out

Quote Originally Posted by Hektareh View Post
    p.s... In some of the other forums, they steal things from you and kick you. They don't do that here, do they?

*holds tightly to pants and wallet, while guarding shins*
    Hello and welcome to the forums

Just stay out of the OTF, and you will be fine I think O.o

IncGamers Member

I am 22 years old and I was/am an addict. DII was my addiction for many years. I played UsWest Hardcore only, a few months before v. 1.09, all of v. 1.09 and several seasons of v. 1.10. Now and then I'd take a 'break'. I'm sure most of you know what I mean.

I was primarily a ladder runner, never getting the very top spots but I was usually up around there. The fun evetually died down as most of my friends moved on with their lives, and I eventually moved on as well. I look forward to being a 'social' gamer of DIII. We'll see how that goes...