Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 75
  1. #41
    IncGamers Member MrBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CanaDUH
    Posts
    408

    Re: Sincere condolences

    "...Cause of demise: Made a Pul 4 Nec Torch game, waited for someone to join. 92 druid showed up and, after prompting, said he didn't have one. I went back in my tp to continue mfing and got hit hard. God I'm dumb. Lost a bit of nice stuff: Mal, my Cobalt, some other good runes, his MF gear, some great charms. I guess I just figured he wasn't a tppker since I figured he was trading or mfing. Never going to make that mistake again, I just wish it hadn't been such a costly character. ..."

    First, I feel for you, man, and I just hate hearing about things like this happening. This TPPK BS has utterly, completely, ruined public Realm play on Battle.Net.

    Second, if I heard some crap nonsense from a Level 92 character like "I don't have a TP", I would have instantly gone back to town and trash-talked this ******* with something like "how stupid do you think I am, dude". But the fact is, it's his fault, not yours. Murder is far too kind a treatment for pathetic little creeps like the 14-year-old who's no doubt playing the Druid, giggling about how he "pwned" you. He's a cheater and a loser... that's all he is.

    Third, in another thread recently, people are complaining that I'm "paranoid" about allowing untrusted players to join my Hell-difficulty games on Battle.Net.

    I bet you're getting a little paranoid, too, right? Remember: "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you."

    Sorry to hear about that, good luck on the rebuild... I have some spare Necro stuff lying around if you need it,

    Cheers

    Mr. Bill




  2. #42
    IncGamers Member Nogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    165

    Re: Sincere condolences

    I'm not paranoid, I just don't party with other people unless their underleveled, I have more than max resistances, or they're paladins/assassins/barbarians. I've always been careful since I know about the dangers of tppk; I just had a moment lapse in common sense, especially since Fishymancer runs are usually pretty slow.

    It was actually quite amusing since I had asked him what he joined my game for, right before entering the portal. He responded "what do you think" as I smashed my head into the keyboard. I didn't curse at him or anything, just called myself and idiot and told him good job or something.

    I appreciate the condolences/help offer, but it's okay. He did his job by finding enough equipment to fund a decent Hammerdin for faster mf purposes. The most expensive piece of gear he was wearing was probably a Shako, so I didn't lose much except for some good charms and the couple of runes/items in stash. I had xfered most of my stuff a couple of games earlier, so at least I was fortunate in that respect.



  3. #43
    Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    ZappaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Oldsmar, FL
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: Sincere condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post
    RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

    Character name: Ofc_ToxicWaltz
    Character level: 85
    Character class: Necro
    Character build: Lord of Mages
    Game difficulty: Hell
    Act: 5: Wsk
    Corpse looted: No
    Death type: PvM


    Cause of demise: A pack of Champion Black Souls with some Champion Poison Mages ambushed me and it was over in an instant . All I heard was the scream ... Sad as this was becoming on of my favorite new characters . Too bad though as I had spent the better part of two weeks gettign him geared and was really enjoying him .. Even sadder is the fact that I didnt have a looter in game and lost it all --- AGAIN >...


    Ouch and double ouch... bummer man.

    BO - don't leave home without it!



    Eschew obfuscation!

  4. #44
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dfw Texas
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116
    Posts
    2,437

    Re: Sincere condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by ZappaFan View Post
    Ouch and double ouch... bummer man.

    BO - don't leave home without it!

    Ahh thanks man but I knew better really .. I posted this in the necro forum --->

    I learned a lot about playing this build in the few weeks I had him running ..
    1) its expensive and the items do not come cheaply , neither do Insight Golums
    2) its very powerful once decked out in decent gear - I ended up with 35 point Skeleton mastery , Skeleton mage , Golum mastery , 33 Lower resist .
    3) its very fun to teleport as a Necro with Minions
    4) I learned without BO and max resists he is a bit fragile - IE - Deeds ...

    I was wearing the following - P topaz Shako , Enigma , P diamond Homonculus , 35 % fcr Spirit Sword , Goldwrap , +1 Marrowalks , +3 summoning ammy , rare rings . My merc was decked out with a Obediance thresher , Tals mask, and an Ethereal Black Hades with P topazes ...

    Was a very fun build though and I made it to level 85 and was killing everything I do with my Blizz / baller sorc with him . I even ran the Mini Bosses and collected the organs with him one time . I didnt have max resists on him and on the remake I'll be sure to get that corrected . In the end the 25 Lightning resist with no absorb is what got me toasted .. I normally wont try and tele WSK without wearing a Tgods but I felt safe the 100 other times I made it through ...

    Lucky me I didnt get looted either so Im starting over with ghetto items again , but thats HC for ya and Ofc_DarkMajik will rise again ....

    ===============

    And finally - I had just come home from my evening walk and was feeling good so I fired up some D2 and hoped into the game . I had just turned on my other computer and while it was booting up I hit Pindle , Shenk , Eldritch , Mephisto and did the countess with no problems . I was just going to take a peek in the WSk and see if any gloams were there . I got to the first bend and as soon as I walked in the line of sight of the SOULS they must have all hit me at once . I was toasty and heard the scream and I just sat there shaking my head as my other computer was idling away begging to be logged in . I told myself Id never not have loot in a game again as I have 3 legit cd keys but for some reason I took the risk and it backfired on me again ..

    Ahh wel Im back to level 8 with the rebuild as of log out last night and the cycle begins again ...






  5. #45
    IncGamers Member Nogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    165

    Re: Sincere condolences

    Yeah, make sure you get that absorb plus max lightning res. Even maxed, those bolts can sometimes add up.

    Also, when my necro was still alive, every once and a while I'd get nearly creamed by a group of Cold enchanted Souls. I think elemental damage stacks on their lightning spells so load up on the other resistances too.



  6. #46
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    675

    Re: Sincere condolences

    RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

    Character name: Rinky
    Character level: 97
    Character class: Sorceress
    Character build: Meteorb
    Game difficulty: Hell
    Act: 5
    Corpse looted: No
    Death type: PvM

    Cause of demise: I was teleporting just another baal run when the house phone rings, i know it can sometimes cut the connection so i quickly save and exit. I whispered the others (/f m) saying i was on the phone and would be right back. Ended the phonecall 10 seconds later and rejoined; got failed to join game. Glanced down in the channel to see i was robed. I can only assume the phone ringing did lag the line for just enough time to get me as those in game said i died then almost immediately timed out.

    Went back to the death site to see a conviction snake pack. Still surprised they got me, i was pretty stacked and had barb BO. Lost some nice items, perfect sorc torch, 20/15/10 annihilus, perfect maras, cold skillers w/ life amongst other things i'd collected. Really not too fussed about the items though, losing a level 97.5 char is brutal.

    So i guess that marks the end of my bid for a 99 hardcore character before Diablo 3, because i don't really feel like remaking!

    Special shoutout to Spawn_Wretched who levelled with me nearly the whole way and lost his 97 necro about a week ago, crazy bastard has rerolled though, good luck Spawn!

    ~1have2much3time

    well good try man i havent played iun forever but it hink i can remember like 93 of those levels good luck with your ventures doubt i play diablo 2 again



  7. #47
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    69

    Re: Sincere condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by xXxfunbobxXx View Post
    RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

    Character name: Rinky
    Character level: 97
    Character class: Sorceress
    Character build: Meteorb
    Game difficulty: Hell
    Act: 5
    Corpse looted: No
    Death type: PvM

    Cause of demise: I was teleporting just another baal run when the house phone rings, i know it can sometimes cut the connection so i quickly save and exit. I whispered the others (/f m) saying i was on the phone and would be right back. Ended the phonecall 10 seconds later and rejoined; got failed to join game. Glanced down in the channel to see i was robed. I can only assume the phone ringing did lag the line for just enough time to get me as those in game said i died then almost immediately timed out.

    Went back to the death site to see a conviction snake pack. Still surprised they got me, i was pretty stacked and had barb BO. Lost some nice items, perfect sorc torch, 20/15/10 annihilus, perfect maras, cold skillers w/ life amongst other things i'd collected. Really not too fussed about the items though, losing a level 97.5 char is brutal.

    So i guess that marks the end of my bid for a 99 hardcore character before Diablo 3, because i don't really feel like remaking!

    Special shoutout to Spawn_Wretched who levelled with me nearly the whole way and lost his 97 necro about a week ago, crazy bastard has rerolled though, good luck Spawn!

    ~1have2much3time
    well good try man i havent played iun forever but it hink i can remember like 93 of those levels good luck with your ventures doubt i play diablo 2 again
    Thanks Bob,

    Turns out i couldn't stay away. She's level 84 and climbing again.

    Just one last go ;>

    ~1have2much3time




  8. #48
    IncGamers Member MrBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CanaDUH
    Posts
    408

    Re: Sincere condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by Nogan View Post
    Yeah, make sure you get that absorb plus max lightning res. Even maxed, those bolts can sometimes add up.

    Also, when my necro was still alive, every once and a while I'd get nearly creamed by a group of Cold enchanted Souls. I think elemental damage stacks on their lightning spells so load up on the other resistances too.
    I can personally attest that your comments about Cold Enchanted Souls is correct -- even with Lightening Resist / Absorb stacked to the heavens, those things hurt! Like, I have had Javazons with TGods and 85%+ Lightening Resist / 70%+ Cold Resist, almost taken out in one shot by those damn things. A pack of them with a few Champion Souls or Souls with Conviction :shocked:, is a very, very scary set of monsters to face, even with BO.

    What's odd about it is that I have never taken the same kind of damage from Black Souls just with other elemental modifiers like Spectral Hit, Fire Enchanted, etc.; but when they have Cold Enchanted, for some reason that I can't fathom, you seem to get a double or triple whammy out of it, and of course it slows you down so you're a good candidate for another two or three shots before you can duck around a corner and chill out.

    The Frost Nova that serves as their parting shot when you finally do kill them can also be a nasty surprise, if you have had your life bulb degraded while chipping away at these things.

    Anyway, sorry about your loss... good luck with the next pasty white guy

    Cheers

    Mr. Bill




  9. #49
    Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    ZappaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Oldsmar, FL
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: Sincere condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by Findux View Post
    HC Death Certificate:
    ============

    RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

    Character name: MaryLong
    Character level: 66
    Character class: Sorceress
    Character build: Lightning vita/max block
    Game difficulty: Nightmare
    Act: 5
    Corpse looted: Yes
    Death type: PvM

    Cause of demise: I lagged in a pack of gloams on the way to Anya and clicked on the big purple potion lots of times, but nothing happened - Dead. I really should've save&exit, but seems like I didn't.

    To S&E or not S&E, that is the question! You wouldn't have gotten to loot if you had S&E'd and you had died anyway, that's for sure. Of course sometimes when you lag you die & get disconnected so it's all moot in that case. But at least you got loot, and that always softens the sting of a lost character, that's for sure.



    Eschew obfuscation!

  10. #50
    IncGamers Site Pal MrKaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Thatcham, Berkshire, England
    BattleTag TheDK-2325
    Posts
    3,289

    Re: Sincere condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Zap
    HC Death Certificate:
    ============

    RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

    Character name: Guardian Of_TheWoods
    Character level: 83
    Character class: Druid
    Character build: Fire Hunter I advocate How however.
    Game difficulty: Hell
    Act: 1
    Corpse looted: No
    Death type: Town Kill bug/hack exploit. GRRR!
    Oooo that burns me up! Damn hackers...can't even watch a decent duel these days! Sorry to hear that Sara and that Grizzly was a BEAST!



    EuHCL 'til I die...or lose my connection...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •