Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Sincere condolences

Mr. Bill, thanks for spending all that time responding to my question . . . I'll definately look into Linux but I'm more than a little concerned that if I try to install Linux onto my computer then Windows might go and do something vindictive like reduce my computers usefulness to that of a really big paper weight. Still, I'll look into it, and thanks again.

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Quote Originally Posted by oOmpie View Post
    HC Death Certificate:
    ============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

Character name: KTA_GreenArse
    Character level: 75
    Character class: Paladin
    Character build: Avenger
    Game difficulty: Hell
    Act: 2
    Corpse looted: Yes
    Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: Fe Ce Blunderbore boss that got popped. (by my recklessness!)
    We were battling our way towards Duriel in the Tomb during our weekly KTA session. Only three were present, namely a singer barb, a bonemancer and my Conviction Avenger pally. Were doing Ok-ish until we ran into a pack of Blunderbores. I noticed the boss being FE/CE so I immediately types a warning message, but while I was typing the Bonemancer Shift-Click Bonespirited him, and me, to death.

My bad, I should have walked back before typing. On to the next run ^^
    MY FAULT!! NOT YOURS!! The shift-click tends to gravitate towards a boss monster, which in our case was not a good thing, so very sorry dude!

EuHCL 'til I die...or lose my connection...

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Quote Originally Posted by Ottomus View Post
    Character name: WatWatInTheBut
    Character level: 93
    Character class: Paladin
    Character build: Hammerdin
    Act: 5
    Corpse looted: No
    Death type: PK

Cause of demise: Well, a "friend" lured me to do some baalruns. Had only 16 millions left to 94 so i decided to go. Bad choice. As soon as I joined the game and went in to Throne, got tppk'd. After that, the guy decided to drophack me thus preventing me from getting my loot.
    I do hope you reported him to Blizzard...I know it seems like they won't do anything but sometimes they do...I mean c'mon, insult to injury; if you could have looted it would have been a killer blow to die, not a killer blow x2 when they guy was that much of a *"&^$%$^*%$*(^$^ to not let you loot!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?!

/rant

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrKaxe View Post
    I do hope you reported him to Blizzard...I know it seems like they won't do anything but sometimes they do...I mean c'mon, insult to injury; if you could have looted it would have been a killer blow to die, not a killer blow x2 when they guy was that much of a *"&^$%$^*%$*(^$^ to not let you loot!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?!

/rant

99% suck, plain and simple.

is why D3 should we P2P - weed out the script kiddies at least

Re CanICallYouBob's posting:

"Cause of demise: Decided to play a little after a really long time. Was fighting council in Travincal, charged strike made a short talk. Killed Ismail Vilehand & FE Geleb Flamefinger, rushed to Toorc Icefist. When he was almost dead i realized, that he had FE mod too. Started to run away when my valk smashed him. Well, you can guess the rest."

Coincidentally, yesterday I almost lost my own (then) Level 52 Javazon (with her shiny new self-found ethereal Titan's!!! ) like that; by now I'm wise to the fact that you don't tug on Superman's cape and you don't melee FE Geleb in Nightmare, but I had chucked my (then) 4.5K Plague Java at Toorc; he was down to about 1/4 health when I noticed that he was FE as well, so I rapidly ran away as the Valk gave him the final poke... which would have been my final poke, too, had I not.

I guess the moral of this story is, everybody knows about Geleb, but you gotta watch those other ones, they can spawn FE as well, with random modifier.

Good luck on the rebuild,

Mr. Bill

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Condolences on your mega-barb Adam, must have been some lag in there somewhere I reckon, I mean, he was indestructable ffs!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoD Trader View Post
    HC Death Certificate:
    ============

Death Certificate

Character name: BoD-Canu
    Character level:92
    Character class: Barbarian
    Character build: Singer
    Act: -5
    Corpse looted: Yes

Light enchanted Fire enchanted a3 minions of baal made a fool of me. my 6k life dissapeard quicker than a blink. damn
    Stun and FELE really don't mix. Whenever I play a character who stuns, or am with a character who stuns, I always back off that wave till I know Bartuc doesn't spawn FELE. Otherwise, deeds comes fast, especially from a 105+ FCR Singer Barb who sets off the death explosion multiple times FAST.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentMarth View Post
    Stun and FELE really don't mix. Whenever I play a character who stuns, or am with a character who stuns, I always back off that wave till I know Bartuc doesn't spawn FELE. Otherwise, deeds comes fast, especially from a 105+ FCR Singer Barb who sets off the death explosion multiple times FAST.
    Back when I played SC I had a singer and I, for some reason, ended up running a ton of Nightmare Baals. Sure enough, whenever Bartuc rolled FELE, I'd die.

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    HC Death Certificate:
    ============

Death Certificate

Character name: SweetAsSugar
    Character level: 86
    Character class: Sorceress
    Character build: FB/meteor
    Act: 5
    Corpse looted: No

Was doing a usual mf-run and went for shenk. I tele'd to pick up an item and to the left i see a few slingers. The life bulb was at ~60% so i didn't think of hitting a purple right there. In the next second i hear a spear hitting me and deeds.
    Awww unlucky dude, that's one of those "Oh BALLS!!!" deaths, condolences

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Nogan View Post
    Death Certificate

Character name: ThisNameIsFunny
    Character level: 87
    Character class: Necro
    Character build: Fishymancer
    Act: 5 WSK level 2
    Corpse looted: negative
    Death type: tppk

Cause of demise: Made a Pul 4 Nec Torch game, waited for someone to join. 92 druid showed up and, after prompting, said he didn't have one. I went back in my tp to continue mfing and got hit hard. God I'm dumb. Lost a bit of nice stuff: Mal, my Cobalt, some other good runes, his MF gear, some great charms. I guess I just figured he wasn't a tppker since I figured he was trading or mfing. Never going to make that mistake again, I just wish it hadn't been such a costly character.
    Happened to me as well dude, lost a MF Tal's Sorc (iirc!) in the same situation...I questioned the TPPK'er if they had the item I was after and all they were doing was camping my TP to WSK2 where I was MF-ing waiting for someone with the item to turn up! Details probably in this very thread, maybe the old one...my memory lapses... I make a new game now if someone won't leave when I question them!
    Anyway, condolences for the loss dude!