Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Beginner's Guide to Build Selection

it isnt really the point of your guide, but it would be useful to give some general or individual hints for each class how to get basic gear. some of the in depth guides only cover (momentarily) non-accessable mid- or highend-equipment and almost all of them leave out how to get it quickly.

points would be:
    - low end runewords and countess runs
    - mid level gambling and crafting
    - norm and nm mf

also a link to a leveling guide should be given.

BattleTag Hrus-1210

Quote Originally Posted by NASE View Post
    Lightning amazons are only good if you have conviction
    Did you even read (or try) Ugla's Fury guide? Actually it's very decent untwinked build, you don't even need titans for replenish (charged strike is the main attack), This build just rip thorugh normal, NM and non-LI hell almost naked and you still have a good way to dispose LI enemies (LR charges,jab). It also isn't mana-hungry like FA/LF build. You can also fluently continue after you get Infinity (runes get duped).

Banned

Thanks for this, excellent place to start.

Been a while since I played D and D2 but I started a Hammerdin on US East Ladder and im into NM now. Having a blast and glad to be part of this forum!

IncGamers Member

Very nice guides from the topics in the beginning!
    I want to ask a question to get a straight answer on this one anyway:
    I started a LF Amazon @ Europe Ladder, I was wondering about stats, there will be some problem to get my gear because I don't have anything to trade with. What must i have at least in STR, DEX, VIT, ENG?
    Please reply
    Current lvl 43 Amazon(my only char) played many years ago
    str around 60
    dex around 110
    vit around 120
    eng base

The best option if probably to go with a Rhyme shield - runeword - in a high block shield, heater for instance. That way you can get max block without to much dexterity - even more if you craft safety amulet though it's hard to get a good one for amazons - and on top you get some nice resistance and cannot be frozen.
    Your dexterity should be enough for max block.

You str will be harder. Seen the fact that your gear will evolve, even when you are at the end of your leveling process, it will be wise to put enough points there just to use any useful item you find.
    I'd start with something like 100 str and keep some extra spare points, just in case.
    Vitality gets all the rest unless you really think you have to little energy, though even then, charms, smart craft or frost burns are considered a better option. Try getting +mana after each kill, might be more effective then mana leech.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/ite...original.shtml

IncGamers Member

good guides. i just started my blizzard sorc

Great guide for anyone who is finding it hard to make choice for there first character.
    I picked the Necromancer as his a good base character to start on and never in danger as his summons do all the work for him.

IncGamers Member

chaos sanct is a tough place though... the IM + high monster life = slow killing speed for skelles

slow killing speed for skellies? try the bloody hills while still in normal difficulty (i HATE going into that place with my summonancer...)

you're minions will often attack one or two at a time on those narrow stairs and paths... while waiting for them to finish their loooong work on the monsters (players 8 will drive you insane) and you can't even get a coffee or something and then come back, because you have to dodge those stupid catapult shots all the time (!!)

I'm not sure if this is the right way of going about mentioning this, but I have been working on a guide for using a cheap MFing/Rushing Hdin to start off with. It's currently in its second version and located here.

At this point, the reader would need a small bit of wealth to get started. However, I'm playing through the game untwinked as a Hdin and will be adding in my findings to the guide as I go along.