Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: A Guide to Untwinked, single-pass HC play, V0.2

never mind, wrong post.

Quote Originally Posted by twillight View Post
    And no, you won't get more then 3 sox in anything from normal difficulty. Simply impossible.
    Yes, you will. I'm not by my stashes atm but if I was I could most likely show you exactly such an item.

Quote Originally Posted by twillight View Post
    And again: don't give crap to killing speed. Who cares I mean? It is all about efficiency. Does it worth to spend milions of gold and spend twice-thrice the time for an item you'll replace in the first five minutes during the next difficulty? No? Then I don't care for MF in Normal (unless I'd strongly need one specific item, although I could not mention any of those).
    HC Single pass tourneys are not about efficiency. You are missing the point. They are very simply put about completing the game (often with some heavy restrictions), and MF almost always makes that easier.

IncGamers Member One nOOb to rule them all's Avatar

There are multiple items you can find in normal that can get more than 3 sockets. Most 1 hand axes can get 4 sockets with the exception of hand axe. All of the 2 handed axes can get 4 sockets in normal. There are also normal staves that can get 4 or more sockets. I think war staff can get 5 or 6 sockets in normal.

I am sure there are many more possible items from act 5 or so that can also recieve more than 3 sockets but these are what I know off hand.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by One nOOb to rule them all View Post
    There are multiple items you can find in normal that can get more than 3 sockets. Most 1 hand axes can get 4 sockets with the exception of hand axe. All of the 2 handed axes can get 4 sockets in normal. There are also normal staves that can get 4 or more sockets. I think war staff can get 5 or 6 sockets in normal.

I am sure there are many more possible items from act 5 or so that can also recieve more than 3 sockets but these are what I know off hand.
    One noob, no item with >3 sockets can drop in normal mode.
    If they are between ilvl 26-40 ( Act 5 mostly ), they can get 4os at Larzuk's.

IncGamers Member One nOOb to rule them all's Avatar

If you read back they were talking about cubing and using larzuk. I figured my post would have had that implied, but I guess I didn't specify.

Does anyone else immediately go buy a cheap scepter as soon as possible? Really good damage, 1 handed, fairly cheap if you score a non magic one without any extra stuff on it. If you're super lucky, you can get one with two sockets (I'll burn 2 chippies early on for speed's sake.)

Quote Originally Posted by MYK View Post
    Does anyone else immediately go buy a cheap scepter as soon as possible? Really good damage, 1 handed, fairly cheap if you score a non magic one without any extra stuff on it. If you're super lucky, you can get one with two sockets (I'll burn 2 chippies early on for speed's sake.)
    Yeah, I've done that. Javs are also nice early game.

Quote Originally Posted by MYK View Post
    Standard gear for nearly all my characters. Even my Sorcies get STR 25 very soon, for this very purpose. It does not take that much luck/time to score a 2s one with no staffmods. When I play, one of the sockets always receives a sapphire chippie.

And I second FoE's thoughts about Javelins. Best ranged weapon in the early game, no reqs and you can wear a shield with them.

IncGamers Member

Found this ~guide, the single description (although kinda limited info on the actual things, a bit very-high equipment, and other minor problems with it as turned out) of an actual untwinked singlepass character: link

Oh there are many many untwinked single-pass Guardian threads on here, in the MAT/PAT/Guardian sticky. Anything from Jiansonz to start. They are all (as far as I've seen) written with quite a bit of detail and are very nice. If you're looking for stuff form others, look for those with a star beside them (right?) because that means they are untwinked, so there's a decent chance they are single-pass, too, because they have a good chance of being tournament characters. I don't have a single-pass guardian yet, but if some people would want to link to some of their favourites then that's not a bad idea