Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: A Guide to Untwinked, single-pass HC play, V0.2

Oh dear. Such a sparkly treasure of information we have here! Thank you!

IncGamers Member

Any tip for higher then Normal diff?

Also I don't get the fuss about MF for Normal. The items avaiable not interesting at all except a very few replaceble ones (like Bloodfist). But with low MF you get some good charms instead - much more worthy if you ask me.

Also a misinformation here: 3 sox is hard capped for Normal diff, no matter what, let it be either Larzuk or Cube-recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by twillight View Post
    Any tip for higher then Normal diff?

Also I don't get the fuss about MF for Normal. The items avaiable not interesting at all except a very few replaceble ones (like Bloodfist). But with low MF you get some good charms instead - much more worthy if you ask me.

Also a misinformation here: 3 sox is hard capped for Normal diff, no matter what, let it be either Larzuk or Cube-recipe.
    You cane cube socket (and therefore larzuk too, i think) some polearms to get 4 sockets in normal. I did for insight int eh sow and steady tournament. For a few spirit swords, too.

One of the big fusses is that the sooner you get mf, the sooner you can get MORE mf, by gambling and stuff (more mf means more access to money from more magics and uniques). There are some good finds, too.

Also, what does low mf have to do with boosting your chance of finding good charms?

No. Items get their maximum number of sockets depending on the ilvl from Larzuk, and 1-max from the cube recipe, no matter what the difficulty level is.

That is, a plain ilvl 41 Partizan gets 5 sockets from Larzuk, for example, in all difficulties. An ilvl 40 one would get 4. Items with ilvl >= 41 can be found in late Act V Normal.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    You cane cube socket (and therefore larzuk too, i think) some polearms to get 4 sockets in normal. I did for insight int eh sow and steady tournament. For a few spirit swords, too.

One of the big fusses is that the sooner you get mf, the sooner you can get MORE mf, by gambling and stuff (more mf means more access to money from more magics and uniques). There are some good finds, too.

Also, what does low mf have to do with boosting your chance of finding good charms?
    I personaly brought back Hell-diff items to Larzuk, and NEVER got more then 3 sockets, period. Also rolled like 100 times in a row (by loading back) back then in cube, and NEVER got more then 3 sockets. It is simply impossible, hardcoded.

In A3 from shop you can get as many MF items you want for Normal Diff. They only worth for actend bosses, els they drop your survivability (or at least your killratio to an uncomfortably slow speed). Not to mention set and uniqes have downgraded sellvalue. Rares could be considered, but what really worth gold in Normal are +skill items from what whites already worth the shop's maximum.

Well, the people that focus on lots of mf are usually those in single-pass hardcore tournaments, for example, where everything counts in the end, so mf asap makes a difference, where kill speed does not early on.

What were you trying to socket? If you're sure the items are from hell and can have more than 3 sockets then you were just very unlucky, because it is well documented on here that you can get those. (for cubes)

As to Larzuk not working, I have no idea, aside from having to say it would have to be an error on your part in remembering where you got the item. If you still have any of them, check the ilvls.

Are you playing an older version like 1.07? things are different back then.

Keep in mind that all my answers are with an untwinked single-pass perspective. The character needs to get all their items themselves and they are not allowed to "run" areas or bosses, just kill everything once.

I personaly brought back Hell-diff items to Larzuk, and NEVER got more then 3 sockets, period. Also rolled like 100 times in a row (by loading back) back then in cube, and NEVER got more then 3 sockets. It is simply impossible, hardcoded.
    Maybe those items were 'repaired' low quality ones (item+chipped gem + El (for armors)/Eld (for weapons)? This repairing sets item level to 1, which means 3 sockets max for most items.

In A3 from shop you can get as many MF items you want for Normal Diff.
    You can shop gloves and boots 'of Fortune' but that can be done already in Act II. Light Plated Boots of Luck can be bought, but not before Act IV. Boots of Luck can be gambled if they can spawn with item level 27 or higher (reasonably likely with the clvl you have near the end of Act II on a single-pass full clear on /players 8.)
    Besides, 'power shopping' in Act III is clunky because of the long distance from WP. You can't buy circlets, rings and amulets. They must be gambled or found.

They only worth for actend bosses,
    They work on every dropped item except when sparkly/super chests drop from their 'desired quality' routine.

els they drop your survivability (or at least your killratio to an uncomfortably slow speed).
    My merc kills almost everything in Normal anyway, because they wear MF items. An Act II merc with a Savage Poleaxe/Halberd/Partizan means plenty good enough kill speed for me. As for survivability, I hang back and barely get hit so that's not a problem.

Not to mention set and uniqes have downgraded sellvalue.
    They are so rare finds that I am sure that the extra blue/yellow items you find when you have more MF makes up for it many times over.

Rares could be considered, but what really worth gold in Normal are +skill items from what whites already worth the shop's maximum.
    I mule off 'max money items' and sell them in later difficulties, otherwise I'd waste money.

As for Charms, the only thing more MF does is making Gheed's Fortune more likely to drop in the late game (where it can drop) which we probably want.

Last edited by jiansonz; 05-07-2012 at 07:30.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    What were you trying to socket? If you're sure the items are from hell and can have more than 3 sockets then you were just very unlucky, because it is well documented on here that you can get those. (for cubes)

As to Larzuk not working, I have no idea, aside from having to say it would have to be an error on your part in remembering where you got the item. If you still have any of them, check the ilvls.

Are you playing an older version like 1.07? things are different back then.
    Version 1.13.

There seems to be some misunderstanding. When cubing for sockets I always used items found on Normal Difficulty. Otherwise the question would have no sense, right?

To Larzuk I did it onclosed b.net. Either to myself or for asking I went out, found something like a polearm (like a Volgue - 4 socket max, or whaetever), while the item was hot went to Larzuk, and it was 3 socket. Either I have some special bug, or it is hardcoded.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    You can't buy circlets
    MF% work on every dropped item except when sparkly/super chests drop from their 'desired quality' routine.
    Circlets are insanely costy to gamble.
    Also to make my point clear: it is not about "possible", but "being worthy". MF on lowlevel gives souch affixes/suffixes what you can live without, and almost no norm quality worthy set (3-4) or unique (ca. 10 considered again all classes and builds) exists. And you rise your chances like with +2 drop after the serious MF-gear? (uniques and sets considered before second half of norm A5)

Also everyone mule out high-expense items. Problem is of course limited stash-space. Unless GoMule/Atma works too when the game is played (not dared to try 'cause of possible crashes), you'll need space to store runes, gems and function-important items, so when you finally find an adequate WP to save out and mule, you'll run out of space with too many items.

Last edited by twillight; 05-07-2012 at 07:43.

Also rolled like 100 times in a row (by loading back) back then in cube, and NEVER got more then 3 sockets.
    This practice does not sound very... acceptable.

There seems to be some misunderstanding. When cubing for sockets I always used items found on Normal Difficulty. Otherwise the question would have no sense, right?

To Larzuk I did it onclosed b.net. Either to myself or for asking I went out, found something like a polearm (like a Volgue - 4 socket max, or whaetever), while the item was hot went to Larzuk, and it was 3 socket. Either I have some special bug, or it is hardcoded.
    You have to notice the ilvl of the item. A voulge from let's say a2 will not get 4 sockets. There is absolutely nothing to discuss. It is a fact that you can get 4 sockets in polearms and swords from normal with the right ilvl.

Circlets are insanely costy to gamble.
    Also to make my point clear: it is not about "possible", but "being worthy". MF on lowlevel gives souch affixes/suffixes what you can live without, and almost no norm quality worthy set (3-4) or unique (ca. 10 considered again all classes and builds) exists. And you rise your chances like with +2 drop after the serious MF-gear? (uniques and sets considered before second half of norm A5).
    Circlets aren't cheap no, but they can potentially be some of the best items in the game - at any stage of the game.

If you do not care a lot about your kill speed MF is always worth it if you do not sacrifice to much safety; which is rarely a problem in normal.

IncGamers Member

Ok, I might be mistaken on Larzuk. Still the problem arises, as the guide is supposed to work for normal difficulty single pass only, and that means Larzuk should put sockets into normal diff quality items, what is without question limited to 3 sockets.
    And no, you won't get more then 3 sox in anything from normal difficulty. Simply impossible.

On my rolling in the cube: don't care. It was not for some tournament, just casual playing.

And again: don't give crap to killing speed. Who cares I mean? It is all about efficiency. Does it worth to spend milions of gold and spend twice-thrice the time for an item you'll replace in the first five minutes during the next difficulty? No? Then I don't care for MF in Normal (unless I'd strongly need one specific item, although I could not mention any of those).