Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BattleTag MagpieLee-2736

Re: Wind-Druid Guide by bassen

oh I should have mentioned. I don't PvP...

[For PvM HC]

I would use spirit monarch only if going max vit, because of the outrageous dex needed to even reach 60+ block in high levels, and the lack of FBR (block lock in dicey situations is not good, especially in hardcore).

I would mention some classics like Moser's (2x PDiamond), Whitstan's (PDiamond), Sanctuary Hyperion/Troll Nest/Grim Shield, Stormshield, Black Oak Shield (Socket Eld, High (50%) FBR, and it gives dex (more vita), cold absorb AND life (better in comparison to + vitality in items) according to level. Very nice shield, most of the time forgotten, only if it was light absorb )

Druid
    FBR Frames
    0% 11
    6% 10
    13% 9
    20% 8
    32% 7
    52% 6
    86% 5
    174% 4
    600% 3

dunno if this table is correct, but most of the options will kick you in the 8 frame block (9 for sanctuary)

Some calc's (ppr's calculator)

Level 75 considered

Spirit Monarch: 283 Dex
    BlackOak + Eld: 218 Dex (Dex in shield already factored)
    Moser's + PDiamonds: 213 Dex
    Sanctuary Troll Nest: 203
    Moser's + Eld + PDiamond: 191 Dex
    Sanctuary Hyperion: 191 Dex
    Stormshield: 183 Dex
    Whitstan's + PDiamond: 145 Dex

Well, matter of choice.

As for weapons, i would mention wizardspike, suicide branch and razorswitch(only for leveling). both will give you less skills, but more safety, in form os resists, life (suicide), and a lot of mana, needed to fuel casts of tornado (wiz). A combo of trangs gloves/magefist + wizspike + vipermagi already kicks you in the 11 frame cast rate. You can also get hands in a arach mesh, dump the gloves and get frostburns to further increase the mana pool, and get 2 soj's in your hands (quite hard in sp).

boots, IMHO uniques are overrrated. The only ones thas do good are treks and wwalks. Aldur's, Natalya's, and a good rare (FRW, FHR, Resists) are good too. marrowalk can make your merc's life easier (tap charges).

Helm is between shako and jalal's, nightwings come second. i would prefer shako if going max block and my resists were maxed.

Ammy, go mara's, crafted druid, almost impossible.

finally, a good merc weapon would be reaper's toll, for decrepify, that WOULD increase the tornado dmg by decrepify. Must confrim tho (need to find one lol)

i'll comment more later

Last edited by elponeis; 10-09-2008 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by bassen View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure I understand (translation). But if I understand correct I've gotta ask something. Isn't a guide a real guide when it can fit everyone? By that it fit SP/BNET/REALM?
    There is no choice but enigma for a bnet windy I've mentioned early ladder because hrs are very expensive and people use various replacement armors.

Unless you decide to mention high end gear including high end runewords it won't work as an all round guide imo. That is unless you label it as a "poor man's" build.

I'd only agree that viper is the best choice for armor if we assumed that enigma is out of question.

I think that he made a nice over all look at the windy and as far as pelts i like mine that i just found the season 1 to druid skills and 3 to tornado, at lvl 24 ^^

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...eenshot101.jpg

Last edited by Imortaldead; 11-09-2008 at 21:57.

I think it's an ok guide. Gear suggestions like Enigma and Hoto aren't really needed IMO (and Enigma is not needed for Battlenet either BTW, that's nonsense) since from people who can afford them it can be expected to know that it would probably be a good idea to put those on a Windy.

It's a lot more useful if you break a build down in build goals (minimum FCR/FHR/+skills, max block or not, etc.) than mentioning every piece of gear that might help achieve those goals. You certainly don't have to spoonfeed everything in a guide.

The only thing I don't like is the "best choice"-part in the gear selection and the omission of Reaper's Toll for the act 2 merc. Tornado only costs 10 mana per cast, you don't absolutely need an Insight.

I've got a few questions for experienced Wind Druid players;
    How much damage is necessary for Hell play?

Since the Twister skill is mostly useless except for synergy purposes, would it be possible to replace it with another skill?

BattleTag El Jaspador on XBL

I think you need the Twister-synergies to be viable on Hell. :S

Well I cant see any other armor that is so useful as an Enigma on a wind druid.. I was really against enigmas before (unless on hammers lal), but now I end up getting one on all my characters - windy, javazon, barbarian.. The huge str bonus, 45 frw, mf for pvm, dmg reduce/life increase, and of course THE teleport skill - makes it a must. Especially when you dont really care much about huge resistances.

I also consider Hoto the endgame choice for the druid, even tho a Spirit sword is a close second choice - fcr with 55 fhr makes it worth thinking over. As I said tho, I do go for the highest possible tornado damage, so only way to go for me is hoto. I would also consider using +6 tornado pelt, but I dont have one (doh) and losing +2 to my summon skills would be bad.

MYK - Max all synergies, the only secondary skills you could need would be Oak sage (worth maxing, or close to it if you decide you need something else as well), the bear (surprisingly good tanker, dont put much points in it tho, level up with 1 if you can and then decide after your gear is finalized) and thats it. I also got the carrion vine (replenishes 10% each corpse) but thats a personal choice, I have friends that dont use it (itd be best to have it on the helm I guess, I have solar creeper on mine and dont use it.). What other skills could someone need?

Quote Originally Posted by MYK View Post
    Since the Twister skill is mostly useless except for synergy purposes, would it be possible to replace it with another skill?
    I had a Fire/Wind hybrid which only had max nado and cyclone armor. With +9 skills it worked fine. You can do without one synergy, but I'm not sure what you would want to spend 20 points on.

I think I'll just max out Oak Sage *early* and then maybe pump then remainder of the skill points into the Twister spell. This should get me a little more life going into Hell.

Dire wolves seemed like a possibility, since I'll have a few +skills and FCR to spam them around...They seem a little on the weak side, might end up casting them a bit too much.