Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Wind-Druid Guide by bassen

@ Karky - I agree with you a bit. But on the other hand. If it was possible being a bear I think the game would be to easy. Playing in non-bear form was easy.
    @ Aussiefighter - Thank you, I'm glad you liked it

I also wanna thank Shaperla for rename the thread-topic name. It was misleading and thank nebux for the notice

Now I'm gonna test Kelsharr's qualification at MF:ing. Since he a cold/physical type he should be able to run the pits and ancient tunnels.

IncGamers Member

I've got a wind druid, I did nm diablo at lvl 45ish, that was easy, died once when one of his red beam thingies hit me while I was unprepared. I usually don't do diablo all my myself in nm that early. I did baals minions myself at lvl 46-47 (lvled during) only died once to an FE monster there, other than that, it was easy. I know all that matters is hell play, but this seems promising. cyclone armour helped a lot against OKs in Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by bassen View Post
    Now I'm gonna test Kelsharr's qualification at MF:ing. Since he a cold/physical type he should be able to run the pits and ancient tunnels.
    Actually you can do ANY area of the game. Worldstone Keep, Chaos sanctuary (only annoying thing is merc suiciding himself every 30 seconds sometimes), Travincal.. Hell, even cows (tho a javazon would be 100 times better at that ).
    Personally I've only ran pits and ancient tunnels and similar on my sorceress, just after start of new ladder. I dont really like it, the monster density is so low. Chaos sanctuary on the other hand....

Re: Complete Wind-Druid Guide - PVM 1.11b (repost with full info)

Quote Originally Posted by bassen View Post
    Still I'm asingle player but I hope this can be used by realm people too.
    Lack of enigma limits this guide's use to early ladder I'm afraid

I'd emphasise the fact that the guide is for single player, this makes a lot of difference.

BattleTag MagpieLee-2736

hmmm I've got a windy at lvl 88, with a bunch of unallocated points. I guess he's at a crossroads...
    --------
    1) Put them into dex until you achieve max block with spirit monarch (which is around 42%). You will need X amount in dex to achieve this.

2) Put them into dex and use a stormshield to achieve max block.

3) Put them into vit and keep using spirit monarch

4) Put them into vit and use a stormshield.
    ----------
    What will it be? The nature of the Windy means you might have to get up close and personal to the enemy, not to mention, missiles.

Whats your opinion and which path did others take?

1) Never max block with Spirit Monarch. It'll require well over 300 dex to accomplish.

2) If you're finding survival difficult or you intend to PvP this is a viable option.

3) Pure Vita Windies are pretty good.

4) SS without max block makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Verashiden View Post
    3) Pure Vita Windies are pretty good.
    Only way to go in my opinion. I never suffer from my non existant chance to block. And you WANT Spirit, trust me. 35 fcr, 55 fhr, 2 skills, mana.. What more to want? (Its my top choice, I like high level tornados, fcr does help with bps and high fhr just in case)

If you are getting hammered, especially in non-8p games, you arent aiming properly with tornado, or have some other huge problem imho

BattleTag MagpieLee-2736

well I was always leaning towards having option number 3 anyway. The opinion of 2 doctors is better then 1 no? ;D

vita here too.
    i have build a SS max block one and i was disappointed about results.
    i was struck in block lock and unable to get my spells out.
    now with max vita an oak by my side, i have enough life not to get in FHR and i just spam tornadoes at every monster
    i'll limit my knowledge only for pvm

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Mike View Post
    Lack of enigma limits this guide's use to early ladder I'm afraid

I'd emphasise the fact that the guide is for single player, this makes a lot of difference.
    Hmm I'm not sure I understand (translation). But if I understand correct I've gotta ask something. Isn't a guide a real guide when it can fit everyone? By that it fit SP/BNET/REALM?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieLee View Post
    hmmm I've got a windy at lvl 88, with a bunch of unallocated points. I guess he's at a crossroads...
    --------
    1) Put them into dex until you achieve max block with spirit monarch (which is around 42%). You will need X amount in dex to achieve this.

2) Put them into dex and use a stormshield to achieve max block.

3) Put them into vit and keep using spirit monarch

4) Put them into vit and use a stormshield.
    ----------
    What will it be? The nature of the Windy means you might have to get up close and personal to the enemy, not to mention, missiles.

Whats your opinion and which path did others take?
    I would place them in Dex so you can use Stormshield with high block rate. This makes the druid at least a little more viable in PVP.