Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Re: Complete Wind-Druid Guide - PVM 1.11b (repost with full info)

bassen plays SP. So he's hardly tripping over Enigma's.

As a basis, it's a good start. I would suggest making a couple of gear options for the bnetters, average wealth and SP'ers. :smiley:

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

Quote Originally Posted by Thyiad View Post
    bassen plays SP. So he's hardly tripping over Enigma's.

As a basis, it's a good start. I would suggest making a couple of gear options for the bnetters, average wealth and SP'ers. :smiley:
    Instead of Spirit Sword maybe HotO is a better for the bnet-chars (great FCR and +3 skills

Instead of Jalals maybe Nightwings Veil same amount of skills since we skip shapeshifter, and with a good roll nice extra cold skill damage. (both SP and bnet)

Enigma as a armor - STR bonus and skills and the teleport FRW...(lts hope my next baal run drops Jah and Ber...in my dreams...SP ftw)

my primary goal is noramlly to get through the game with as cheap gear as possible, the base gear I provided reached enough FCR Bp tho I did not mention it. I have no idea how diffrent bnet is to SP when it comes to runes and so on thats why all i wrote is more in a SP-way, as Thyiad mentioned

I like for single player

made a little (little?...major) update - had forgot I ever created this. Hopefully I succeeded to improve it at least a bit.

Still I'm asingle player but I hope this can be used by realm people too.

/Bassen

a cheap helm is Lore made in a +3 to tornado pelt. all available at lvl 27.
    tip the only resist worth maxing is poison rest are light, fire with cold the last one.
    for armor fortitude is crap for this. casters need + to skills. nothing will up their damage.
    another armor for those that lack insight on merc Que-Hegan's Wisdom 20FHR 20FCR +1 to skills and mana after each kill.
    the best act 2 merc weapon is Reaper. Decrep makes you do more damage

Good guide, interesting take on the build

The ultimate headgear (well, for me at least :P) are either +3 ele +3 tornado magic pelts with 2 sockets, for reaching the highest tornado damage, or +2 druid +3 tornado +fhr +life +2 sockets rare (rare alright.. extremely) pelts.

The gear from the first post looks a bit too high on resistances to me - you neednt worry that much about them, cyclone armor does the job rather fine . Of course, it comes all down to playing style.

As for rings, I prefer 2x Bul-kathos Wedding band for the nice +life.

Congratulations on the guide, it's a nice read for someone who wants a windy and doesn't want to read through all that bold text in fenris' guide

I have some remarks however. You mention max block but don't mention any max block shields in the gear section. Stormshield comes to mind, as well as Whistans guard.

You have no source of CBF in your equpment. I know that being frozen doesn't affect your casting abilities, but you still have to walk(run away from CE archer pack etc.). IMO, only teleporting characters can afford being frozen.

Skill progression is a bit off. Why max Hurricane if it last only 10 seconds? Max tornado, cyclone armor and after that hurricane.

Fort is wasted potential on a windy. Vipermagy is the best IMO if you don't have Enigma.

As for headgear: Jalal is my favorite too, but rare druids pelts or rare circlets are worth mentioning. Nightwings is just not worth it IMO (you are better of with Jalal's).

Anyway, good work

I've done some changes with skill placement (new added section) also deleted 20 Oak Sage from base build and added the 19 last points to "for free build" but I also put in an advice to use it. I'll look over some gear again soon.

Maybe I add a 3os Plt with 3 to Hurricane and/or Tornado and then make a Delirium in it.

Also added Natural GC's to equipment.

delirium is a no no. you'll get hit and if you change in doll form you're just dead or you need to stay a min to transform back.
    also your skill placement is totally wrong.
    main source of damage for a wind druid is tornado. this is the skill that you need to max asap rest in this order hurricane, cyclone armor and twister.
    at lvl 6 a point in oak sage is a good investment. a point in grizzly will get you a nice tank but is recommended at lvl 30.
    also it seems that your knowledge of druid is a little low maybe you just need to read
    fenris wind druid guide
    more SP patriach characters
    Windy
    Brenvol
    Shib - Fire/Wind hybrid druid

and change leveling guide in a more eye friendly format. something like
    lvl 1-5 save points
    lvl 6 put 1 point in arctic 1 in oak
    etc etc

what about leveling until 24. a wind druid main attack is available at that level and until then what do you do? mostly some gear tips even for single players

remade skill placement table, will soon add weapons before main attack