These are the new trading rules, made by all trading mods together. They are nearly identical on Europe, US East and US West (the do-not-trade lists might differ). Please read all of them again, even if you believe to be familiar with them !
Please have a particularly close look on the bumping rules, the new maximum of 2 threads per 24 hours and about what happens if you offer or ask for an item from the DNT list.
Also, please check out the 'Trade rating how to and FAQ' here.
Even though these rules are already in effect, there is a probation period until May 8th 2008 during which we will apply the old rules or the new ones, depending on the case. However, the rules have become less severe for us Europeans (except for the new maximum of 2 threads in 24 hours), so I don't expect any problems, except for perhaps a few reports which will lead to no consequences.
TRADING RULES V2.0 (May 1st 2008)
Not having read these rules is no excuse if you happen to break them, and may get you banned, so make sure to read them in advance of posting.
DiabloII.Net forum rules – You’ll want to read this first (of course you already read it when you made your account right?)
- Do not Flame. We want this forum to be as friendly as possible.
- Do not post OT. This is a trading forum, the OT thread is stickied at the top.
- Do not post price checks. There's a forum just for that here, the Trade Values Forum.
- Do not hijack others threads for your own needs and requirements
- Do not trade for friends. You may trade only items that are in your possession and for which you make the decisions. If your friends want to trade here they need to create an account for themselves.
- Do not bump any post.
- Use the “Report this post to a moderator” link at the top right of the post to report any posts that violate the rules (don’t use someone else’s rule violation to violate the anti-flaming rule)
- Eth armours socketed using the cube recipe may be traded here.
- Tell the exact stats of the items you're selling. Selling an ed/ias(or max) armor on non-ladder without stats automatically makes us take it as 4x40/15s and that will have consequences.
- Do not offer items elsewhere at the same time as you're offering them here and/or Marketplace. That also means you don't bring offers from other places here. If you offer items elsewhere at the same time and you have got offers at the time it's discovered, you will be banned for 3 days. If there haven't been offers so far, your thread just gets closed.
- Please give your items a fair chance to be traded. If you are starting a thread, you have to wait for at least 12 hours before retracting an item from your list. Of course, you can decline any offer during these 12 hours, but your items are considered as still being offered, so you cannot offer them elsewhere during that time.
- Tell where your items are from. People are going to ask this anyway.
- When posting a trade, tell what you're looking for. "make offers" is not helping. Do us a favour and say what you need. Same goes when you're looking for items, state what you can offer.
- All trades should be arranged inside threads (no where else), before the deal occurs.
- The same person posting threads successively (even with different items on them) is also considered bumping.
- Do not start more than 2 threads within 24 hours, that's considered as spamming.
- Do not, by ANY means, reopen a trade when you’ve made a deal. Sellers have all the power in the trade, they can accept or reject offers, not trade at all, repost items later, do whatever they please. So when you close a trade, stick to it. If you fast closed an item and then someone else offers more, it was the seller’s fault not to wait enough time, not the buyer’s fault. Buyers, after the deal is closed, must pay what was agreed too. You can ask the trade partner to allow a retraction (and perhaps offer a compensation), but if he insists on trading and you still refuse, it will lead to a permanent ban, even for trades of a low value.
- All trades should be done inside threads. Reasons: we mods can’t control or see the fairness on trades done by other means, be them PMs* sent between members, forum trades where the starting point was a thread here, or any other means. To make it easy on traders, I’d suggest that IF someone is contacted via PM or via bnet* about any trade, you can even agree on it but use the threads to consolidate it before the trade is caried out. This keeps non-ETF* scammers out, makes all the trades much more understandable and cleaner.
- Do not ask for free items. You can offer items for free, however, but please don't offend people who already offered an item for a price because they are not as wealthy as you to be able to offer it for free.
As stated in the rules, bumping is not allowed. Bumping is posting for the purpose of bringing the thread to the top. This is often (but not always) done by making another posting right after one of yourself. Reposting a thread is also a kind of bumping, but in a broader sense. You have the ability to edit threads for an hour after you posted them, so if your posting is the last one in the thread, any updates to your thread need to be done during this time by editing the existing post. If you need to do updates to your thread right after a posting of your own after this 1 hour period or if, it must be in concordance with the following rules:
- Adding useful information: After 6 hours
- Reposting a thread, partly or completely, the old one and all of the offers in it are cancelled (deals have to be fulfilled, of course): 24 hours after your last posting.
- Bumping of any kind (advantage to 2.: thread continues): After 48 hours.
Any bumped thread will be locked, and 2 locked threads within 30 days for rules violations will get you a 3 day temp ban. Any locked post may not be reposted for at least 24 hours. You may not repost any thread or parts of it for at least 24 hours from your last post in it.
Ladder and non-ladder We have a NL subforum now, so please start your thread in the right forum. It's no longer necessary to put “[L]” as the first part of your thread title for Ladder trades and “[NL]” for non ladder trades. Cross-trades can be out in any of the two forums, but it's probably better to start them in the less crowded one.
Do Not Trade (DNT) List
Some items not allowed to be traded on NL - Please make sure to check the link above for a complete listing
- Any hacked item, any duped item, any bugged item (including Zod bugged items), any item bought for real world money.
- Battlenet accounts
- Any pre v 1.09 items
- All non Diablo2 virtual items. You may not sell your items for real world money. No cd keys. No items from other games.
- Accounts made by yourself. It is only allowed to rush/level/perm characters on accounts made by the person who requests it, as selling self-made accounts might lead to scams involving password recovery.
- Items Acquired through the use of a bot, hack or any dupe method. We can't force anybody not to use hacks, cheats or bots, but if you are using them, you are not welcome in this forum, so stay out of here ! This includes the use of Maphack and variants, as well as d2loader, and will get you banned permanently.
- 1.08 Items
Until further notice we will no longer allow ANY .08 Items.
- +1 Lightning Skill +39 life Grand Charm
- 383 Poison Damage Small Charm
- 3/20/20 Small Charms
- 290 Poison Damage Small Charm
- 40% Enhanced Damage/15 IAS Jewels
- 40% Enhanced Damage/15 Max Jewels
- Items socketed with any 40/15 jewels
- 15 max/ 15% IAS Jewels
- 15 All Resistances/ 15% IAS Jewels
- Equipment socketed with the mentionend items
Offering or asking for items from the DNT list earns you a 3 day ban on the first offense and a permanent ban on the second !
Runes and SoJ are allowed to be traded, even though their origin is doubtful.
In some cases we close threads which contain items which are not on the list because we are of the opinion that the items are probably dupes, e.g. if somebody offers 10 Griefs in 15% BAs. We normally won't take further action other than closing the thread, but that depends on the circumstances.
In case of doubts about offering or asking for particular items, ask us via PM.
As always, if you get banned, even temporarily banned, and make a new account we will ban you again and also change the status of the temporarily banned account to permanently banned.