Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Merc polearm weapon range

Hi,

Is there a cap on weapon range of mercs? Suppose that I have an infinity CA with range 4 and an infinity tresher with range 2, the CA would have alot more weapon range like it would have wielding yourself? This is actually the main point which I'm concerned about a new infinity I'm aquiring, I think I like the +2 range more than the little bit of extra dmg per second.

Can also someone give me IAS tables for both infinity weapons, can't seem to find alot of info about this

Cheers,

:smiley:

Re: Merc polearm weapon range

IIRC mercs don't use the range property at all, so go find those breakpoints and you're set.

IncGamers Member

Is there perhaphs some source where I could verify this cause some people say it matters while others say it don't ? I tried searching but no luck so far :embarassed:

I think Krischan tested this once. On merc, all polearms seem to work as if they had range 2. So, for range issues, it doesn't matter what you give him.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

That range thing is a bit strange. I originally concluded that their range is something between 2 and 3 because the can attack certain water snakes in Travincal, but they generally fail at it. Then I discovered that my GF barb with Ali Baba's (range 1) can attack them, at least in nightmare, even though I'm sure that I failed to attack them with other weapons before. I never failed to attack them with range 3 weapons.

In any case, mercs have a fixed range, whatever polearm they use. I just don't know what it is :azn:

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

They should have range 3.

Is there any definitive answer to this? I'd quite like to know, as I'm looking at trading or using an ethereal thresher I just found, and it has the shortest range of all polearms (2).

IncGamers Member thegiantturtle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jambe View Post
    Is there any definitive answer to this? I'd quite like to know, as I'm looking at trading or using an ethereal thresher I just found, and it has the shortest range of all polearms (2).
    I thought this thread was pretty clear, but it can be summarized as "Fixed range of 3"