Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Making a BM Town Bear... help?

I know most people hate these things, but I love to mess with people who NK and its seems like this would be a hillarious way to take down those melee people.

I know I'll need a source of Thorns Aura so should I go with a merc that uses an Edge bow or should I risk it and build Bramble (lvl 15-21 Thorns).

What're the differences that I'm looking at between the two? Which would be better for a BM Bear set up?

I also plan on making my little druid a Vita/DR tank so he can just sit there and let thorns do his work... So what other gear do I need?

(If there is a good guide out there I'd appreciate a link as I have 4 different projects going on right now in the character department and it's easier to just Fav a guide than constantly checking updates in the forums)

Thanks!

IncGamers Member

Re: Making a BM Town Bear... help?

Since 50% DR is the cap and even with over 6k health you still get 1 hit ko'ed by a hammerdin (a good one)...

IncGamers Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthrea...ighlight=guide

not sure if its what ur lookin for, but bear...town...meh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CursedYew View Post
    Since 50% DR is the cap and even with over 6k health you still get 1 hit ko'ed by a hammerdin (a good one)...
    Thats what I have my little bear for --- just cast him infront of the pally.

I'm fairly certain that nothing can tank more than 2-3 hammers from a good (haha?) hammerdin either way.

Thanks BAMF, thats perfect!

----Edit----
    Well, it was perfect for stat distribution but it lacks the Bad Manners portion that I want from a source of Thorns aura. So still up for suggestions here.

Also, could I stack thorns aura from Edge AND Bramble? (15 + 15-21) How much damage would that reflect? If its worth it that might be awesome to just let things smack my bear around and die horribly.

Last edited by MrOzio; 04-04-2008 at 15:35. Reason: Woopsie?

Question: why are you concerned about tanking hammers? Isn't the whole idea of a town lamer summon druid to stay in town so you can't die? If you're really wanting to grab gold or something, just find a rare ring with telekinesis charges. :rolleyes:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Mebd View Post
    Question: why are you concerned about tanking hammers? Isn't the whole idea of a town lamer summon druid to stay in town so you can't die? If you're really wanting to grab gold or something, just find a rare ring with telekinesis charges. :rolleyes:
    Where did all this business start about me wanting to tank hammerdins? I dont. I want werebear to tank in PvM.

For real dueling I'll get a real character! (of which I have plenty) =P

equip bramble and and 'edge' bow on yourself, since auras from items stach (like dual dream builds) for a nice level of thorns, I'm not sure if the spirit of barbs stacks with thorns aura, but I still think oak will be better for the added life.

Also, you might find this amusing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDJQb3h8Xc

About tankyness, just slap on SS and dungos for max %dr (or at least close to if you have a lower dungo), high resists, and all the pdr/mdr gear you can find, nice life from wereform and oak helps of course, for nice pdr/mdr guidelines, look up the paladin abbot guide, just think druid instead.

Hope any of this helped

I am currently building a summoner in single player, and a piece of adive for pvm is to utulise shockwave rather than making yourself a tank. That way neither you or your summons/merc will need to tank much, even a low level shockwave is awsome sicne you can spam it, unless you want to hit stuff yourself I don't see a problem spamming shockwave with decent caster geat :smiley:
    Ofc, there might be a reason you wanna tank, it's not like your grizzly couldnt do it for you in the first place :grin:

EDIT: if I didnt make myself clear I suggest you being the thorn source yourself, since a merc (I'd use a act 2 nm combat with bramble instead of a act 1 with edge/bramble, sicne you can boost his 'natural' thorns with +skills). Keep in mind that a merc might feel like wandering out of town and try to tank someone(we all know how intelligent mercs are), and die... There goes your thorns.

IncGamers Member

Or have a doomz for the holyfreeze aura to slow people down even more ; )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zarfen View Post
    equip bramble and and 'edge' bow on yourself, since auras from items stach (like dual dream builds) for a nice level of thorns, I'm not sure if the spirit of barbs stacks with thorns aura, but I still think oak will be better for the added life.

Also, you might find this amusing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDJQb3h8Xc

About tankyness, just slap on SS and dungos for max %dr (or at least close to if you have a lower dungo), high resists, and all the pdr/mdr gear you can find, nice life from wereform and oak helps of course, for nice pdr/mdr guidelines, look up the paladin abbot guide, just think druid instead.

Hope any of this helped

I am currently building a summoner in single player, and a piece of adive for pvm is to utulise shockwave rather than making yourself a tank. That way neither you or your summons/merc will need to tank much, even a low level shockwave is awsome sicne you can spam it, unless you want to hit stuff yourself I don't see a problem spamming shockwave with decent caster geat :smiley:
    Ofc, there might be a reason you wanna tank, it's not like your grizzly couldnt do it for you in the first place :grin:

EDIT: if I didnt make myself clear I suggest you being the thorn source yourself, since a merc (I'd use a act 2 nm combat with bramble instead of a act 1 with edge/bramble, sicne you can boost his 'natural' thorns with +skills). Keep in mind that a merc might feel like wandering out of town and try to tank someone(we all know how intelligent mercs are), and die... There goes your thorns.

The Abbot guide is a source of wisdom, I have it printed out to refer to incase I get bored...

The only reason I want to go werebear in the first place is so I dont punish my poor Grizzly 100% of the time. I figure with SS + Dungos and the insane life from Lycanthrope would be more than enough to just sit there and let things wail on me.

shockwave > this whole build.