Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    IncGamers Member HarbingersOfSkulls's Avatar

Re: Necro Summoner Guide (Incontestable Greatness)

"I use JSP and too many people on this site do not know how to build a proper summoner. "

I stopped reading after that.

HoS

Yeah, I also think he shouldn't be treated as the summonancer god. After noticing the skeleton power increase, anyone could make a build focused around them. And I also think that nightfish lacks experience of rich characters, suggesting points in revive, and no points in mages etc.

I'm not saying it's a bad guide, but it's not a divine guide either.

Also, mephistofilis, what someone said before is right. Character involvement isn't always a good thing. I really love the laid-back style of the summonancer. You can't assume everyone wants character involvement. It's ok to suggest things that increase involvement for those who like involvement, but it's not ok acting as if everyone likes it

Ok, I got bored...and needed a break from my new summoner that I started (Damn you Kiba) on non ladder west...and read this whole thread

Before I retired...I made a faith merc/infinity golem summoner where I was using a selection of necro wands including the shard...the only differnce was I didn't use a spirit/magefist/10 fcr rings alot but did have them in stash to use when I needed to. And gave my account to Kiba when I retired.

I typically used the trangs gloves/homu shield with a carrion ring and the other one listed in the commando guide...because I enjoyed having a pet vine back then.

While the build was fun to play when I did use the spirit/magefists because of the fcr...I found it to be not as important to reach the breakpoint when I'm summoning skeletons and using curses...while keeping a eye on rustbucket to make sure he didn't die or poof on me.

Also...I didnt see much difference from the faith merc compared to a might/infinity Waheed with a insight golem that I also had on my account...although that build was made to lag people out with maxxed mages/revives and a few pets as well.

I went with the maxxed skeletons/mastery setup with rest into golem mastery/rustbucket and points spread out to other golems for synergies with the faith merc.

While both builds was alot of fun to play...I found the use of Waheed in most areas of the game to be more useful for me. The only area Waheed really has a problem is with Diablo because of the obvious:IM...but if you remove his weapon he doesn't die from IM...but you lose the infinity bonus until the IM threat is gone and you put his weapon backk on him again.

That is only a small detail in my book to deal with...and you still have his might aura around.

I'm not gonna get into the petty garbage because of lame comments and statements your guide makes...and make some back in return or give you my diablo resume' either.

Those old-timers still here on the forums who have gamed with me like MM know how good of a Necro I am...and I have nothing to prove to anyone.

*Anarchy01 on the west side

HoS

Quote Originally Posted by lumpor View Post
    Yeah, I also think he shouldn't be treated as the summonancer god. After noticing the skeleton power increase, anyone could make a build focused around them.
    He never claimed he invented the summoner class now did he? Guides of that quality are indeed a rare sight.

And I also think that nightfish lacks experience of rich characters
    And that's from the guy who never entered hell and said that that experience doesn't matter that much at all 3 posts ago? Please keep your senseless smears to yourself. Nighfish is probably a richer player than you are (in more than one aspect).

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    And that's from the guy who never entered hell and said that that experience doesn't matter that much at all 3 posts ago?
    Very true :grin:

Personally I think the good part about NF's guide is the fact that it's not focused on equipment, but works as-is. Great equipment only enhances the build.
    And yes, it is a very nice guide and well written, but i have personally found quite a lot of very well written guides on this forum. Perhaps guides used to be sloppy but i think the quality is very high these days and makes it hard for me to see why everyone is so crazy about that particular guide.
    This perception is probably just due to the fact that i just flew in recently, having no idea about how things used to be and having read many great and thorough guides. Guides like nightfish may indeed have worked as benchmarks for other guide writers, which is a great thing. It also pretty much makes my comment unjustified, but I just thought i'd share my oppinion on the matter anyway like an ***

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    Nighfish is probably a richer player than you are (in more than one aspect).
    Yes, but I don't make guides, do I?

The op claimed that "too many people on this site don't know how to make a proper summoner".

All those times I've made everything from Commando's to Zookeepers...I guess I made them all improperly. Which is why I'm making yet another one now on west nl...and had Kiba dust off my moldy equipment so I can once again return and make a proper summoner.

HoS

IncGamers Member

Yeah, and please, do it right this time will you?! Otherwise mephiztophilis has to descend from above once again and spend his precious, divine time spawning another guide for us lowlifes. We can't have that

Quote Originally Posted by balkan View Post
    Yeah, and please, do it right this time will you?! Otherwise mephiztophilis has to descend from above once again and spend his precious, divine time spawning another guide for us lowlifes. We can't have that
    I will make sure that I do that...so far managed to solo act 1 and 2 of hell since finding a good hell game seems hard to do...so now I'm chillin' in act 3 for the moment.

Also...because I haven't decided if I want to go with a insight rustbucket and max out golem mastery or max out mages...I have done it using 13 skeletons/6 mages and gumby with Waheed using infinity.

And have 32 skill points saved atm because I haven't decided.

HoS

IncGamers Member

I ran into this guide a couple of days ago and I build this necro in SP using the editor. I started at lev 60 in hell, I didnt die once, didnt loose my golem, although I did have infinite number of Infinities available if I did. This is a great build, fast, deadly and fun, as the author advertized and I will build one on ladder east.
    I didnt read all the posts here, but from what I did read I was amazed at the level if hostility you necro gurus are showing. I dont believe any of you have actually tried this build and you merely shout you indignation from your soup boxes. How dare anyone question your vast knowledge and introduce a new concept with confidence and upset the status que. It made me laugh, thanks. This is what happens to most people who have new ideas, its a part of human condition. Resistance to change, feeling threatened in ones established niche.
    Kudos to the author, this is a great build.