Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Re: Necro Summoner Guide (Incontestable Greatness)

Quote Originally Posted by ISawYouTry View Post
    But you're closing the option out of the iron golem from the act 2 merc side as well as I mostly play nonladder and I do a lot of trist runs so having the golem die isn't fun. (: I use medi golem / pride golems. Its da bomb.
    I'm not sure if I understood the comment. What am I closing out?

IncGamers Member

Your defense doesnt bring in the fact the I get an iron golem which i can use too. I'm not saying the build is bad, i have actually spent the last half an hour getting all th gear to try it, but with a pride iron golem and infinity on your merc you should see significant damage in relation to a infin golem and faith merc

IncGamers Member

I'm not for sure what ISawYouTry is trying to say but maybe this will help. Stephan didn't put it in the calculation because both builds can use infinity so both get the benefit of it, so it kind of cansels out, no need to put it in the equation.

Skellies have quite good CtH against regular mobs, the only time you will notice the increased CtH is against bosses. Infinity for sure helps with mages and CE, but I don't think anyone is arguing against that.

I think what ISawYouTry is saying is that with the standard setup that everyone uses you get more ED than this special build, might/conv/fana and might/conv/fana/conc will do more damage than fana/conv. I think that Stephan was backing that up noy arguing it. I think Stephans argument was the damage between a might merc's might aura and lvl 15 fana comes out barely noticeable and that is before the lvl 9 fana from beast.

I hope that answers your question/statement, because I am not sure what you were saying.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    My numbers included a level 18 might for the non-Fana setup.

Code:
    level 18 might (level 87 merc), level 40 RS/RM = 10830 DPS
    level 15 fana, level 40 RS/RM = 11284 DPS.
    Oh, I was comparing straight off lvl 9 beast and lvl 15 faith.

IncGamers Member

Ya, something like that. (: The usual build is built to max out damage for your skeletons, which plays slower because you yourself are less survivable.

This build loses some of that but utilizes the max FcR and a good fhr (:
    Which for the most part makes it better for all around play. The max damage is imo better if you are doing ubers, but aside from clone/trist hunting this seems to be a good build .

Quote Originally Posted by ISawYouTry View Post
    Your defense doesnt bring in the fact the I get an iron golem which i can use too. I'm not saying the build is bad, i have actually spent the last half an hour getting all th gear to try it, but with a pride iron golem and infinity on your merc you should see significant damage in relation to a infin golem and faith merc
    I'm advocating for the act 2 merc as well, so I'm not sure if we are in disagreement. :smiley:

IncGamers Member

Also the "do not put point into dim vision, atract, confuse on final build" is only partly right, you should always have 1 point dim vision. It helps in so many situations and basically nutures anything outside of your screen.

IncGamers Member

My proclamation:

1) The Summoner as it was built before focused on damage potential when it really didn't need to. The summoner is the strongest character in the game. We don't need to add 3 damage enhancing auras (conc, might, fanat) and conviction to it to be effective. We need a balance between playability and damage. This is precisely the reason why people play sorcs and hammerdins over Summoners. The sorcs and dins don't have more damage (in most cases a summoner is more effective) they just have more playability features.

WE want the summoner to be the premier character. My focus was on ENOUGH damage and Maxed out playability features.

So you guys dont like the site that gets you massive stuff dirt cheap and thats fine, I think you should because you would be a lot more liberal in your play since you could get better gear cheap and have more fun.

On that note, I also play classic and once a month my buddies and I start a new character to run through the whole game without x-fering anything. What you find is what you use. So I still have that fun, but to do that every day gets extremely boring (especially when you are playing against kids who just dropped $150 on their new Java-Zon and come to rub it in).

To the kid who said I stole his name: First of all, nice spelling. Good work there. Second Read Marlowe's Dr Faustus for reasoning. And by the way its also my B-Net account that I've had for 4 years. So lets not go there.

Everyone else: I am sorry I put you on the offensive. This was my first post on this site and I am use to JSP People who absolutely LOVE my guides (after trying it out of course. that is one thing I will give them over you guys) so I was cocky in my own right from past experience with peoples critique.

To complement you, your arguments are more thought out and a better debate, but unfortunately none of you have really tried it out yet and that makes me sad.

And I don't get how saying hero editor will get me kicked off much less do I care. Hero editor is an excellent way to try out a character before you build it on closed realms. It's the single greatest tool for trying new things.

So I stand by my build 100% with absolutely NO alterations whatsoever. At this point The only things I will respond to are posts of people who try it out (via real bnet or hero editor) because every hypothetical argument has been made and I promise you all you will change your mind when you build the character.

The only variation I would deem viable is Switching out Carin for Hoto and Magefists for Frostburn Gloves. Even then you will need mana potions but most people here don't mind that it seems. I hate using potions so I don't use this setup.

Thanks for all your feedback whether negative or positive. A special thanks to the few people who considered this and may have attempted it before commenting--those are the people who deserve the most props because they at least could see past my 'arrogance' and listened to what I have to say.

I was not trying to disrespect anyone. All I was doing was posting something you all needed. A fresh perspective on an old character. All your summoner guides stickied are slower by playability and focus on maximized (unnecessary) damage.

Every summoner can uber. Someone said you need max damage for this. I say you don't. With 15 Skeletons. 10 Mages, and 22 Udars I have cleared ubers in under 2 minutes. I am not appealing to 10% of the game over 90%. I am appealing to 98% of the game over 2% (Baal and Diablo die faster ONLY when I don't have udars--if I do then I kill as fast as A2 Merc).

I have had 1 iggy poof on my in all my years of D2. It doesnt happen as you are all saying it does. I have never had one mysteriously Poof this ladder. Pay attention and he wont die. Its not that big of a deal. And its E-Items for god sake. Who cares. Its not like I am asking you to spend 10 bucks if he dies. Just go on jsp and get em cheap.

So please take this as an apology, and at the same time a wake up call. I've admitted I was wrong in my approach but my principles stand. My build is better on a playability level. I was a big man, now you be one and try it before you attack it anymore.

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator Mad Mantis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mephistophilis View Post
    So you guys dont like the site that gets you massive stuff dirt cheap and thats fine.
    Actually it's Da Rules, specifically rule 5; Thou Shalt Not Pimp or aid the Pimping of hacks, Cheats or Farming.

Quote Originally Posted by mephistophilis View Post
    And I don't get how saying hero editor will get me kicked off much less do I care.
    Again I refer to Da Rules, specifically rule 5; Thou Shalt Not Pimp or aid the Pimping of hacks, Cheats or Farming.

It is great that you want to spend time in discussion over at this site, but remember the rules.

IncGamers Member

Well, anyone wants to try it out? I don't have too much wealth on ladder, and I certainly do not want to make an infinity iron golem on NL, even though I can afford one. (how many HR's are infinity in NL? 10? 20?) Unless, of course, somebody wants to hand me one for free......