Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: PvM Gunslinger - Physical Bow/Lightning Java Hybrid

Kijya, Im plainng of making a harmony, coz im poor atm.

What do you think is the best bow to make it in? Should it have high IAS, or dmg, etc?

matriarchal bows are the best.
    If you really want, great bow are fast and can be transferred to merc once you find a better bow yourself, though mat will give you more damage and will give you skills.

Agree to NASE, matri is the best choice for usage on the zon herself.

Banned

Hey Kijya, I might be leaning more towards the javelin side , is that fine?

So my question is, where will I get my bowa dmg from? Is it only from Faith and Fort?

Because I wanna use Griffons as my helm. to further boost my java light dmg

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveSoccer View Post
    Hey Kijya, I might be leaning more towards the javelin side , is that fine?

So my question is, where will I get my bowa dmg from? Is it only from Faith and Fort?

Because I wanna use Griffons as my helm. to further boost my java light dmg
    Sure it's fine.

Bow damage can come from; bow, fort, charms, dex, auras, and jewels (ias with ed or +max) mostly.
    Helms can hold jewels, but doesn't do that much else for your bow damage (apart from IAS). If you wish to use griffons and fort or enigma then you will not reach 7 fpa multi with a GMB, a matri bow can still reach it, or you could focus on strafe which requires far less ias to be at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kijya View Post
    Amulet: +2 java rare/crafted/unique
    euh oeps...

Has anyone tried the mid-cost setup? What kind of damage may one expect to find in that setup? And what shield would you advise for someone at nonladder? Spirit seems a bit high cost, rhyme doesn't offer that much. So sanctuary seems like the only usefull one assuming that I want resistance, right - I'm rinding a self found mode at the moment, so ko ko mal will be a problem. Any other suggestions?
    Second, do you really think harmony will underperform compared to wws? I really like harmony so I'll probably be using that one.

P.S. I've heard stories about an Azurewrath on a act 3 merc - to knockback undead. Might be nice to experiment with if you have one.
    I will though it's ladder-only.
    again...

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

good shields are splendor, lidless, and mosers. you can cheap out on azure by using lawbringer. it also has sanctuary. (edit: crap it's ladder only too, sorry)

harmony is good. side by side i'm not sure which i prefer (wws or harmony).

Banned

Im confused as which shield to use.

Phoenix - I absolutely love it. Is the delay really annoying?
    Spirit - Kijya you mentioned that the fcr is good for nigma users. However If i just run mostly, and tele for walls, etc, do i REALLY need to hav ehigh fcr?
    Faceted monarch - I am starting to like this shield. What base mods am I really looking for? Basically its just 4 soco monarch socketed with light facets right?

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveSoccer View Post
    Im confused as which shield to use.

Phoenix - I absolutely love it. Is the delay really annoying?
    Spirit - Kijya you mentioned that the fcr is good for nigma users. However If i just run mostly, and tele for walls, etc, do i REALLY need to hav ehigh fcr?
    Faceted monarch - I am starting to like this shield. What base mods am I really looking for? Basically its just 4 soco monarch socketed with light facets right?
    Yes the delay is annoying in my opinion, as a hybrid you might need a few more throws or pokes compared to a pure java, and phoenix stops you from doing them in quick succession.

Nope, not really, even a slow tele is good enough when you're just using it to pass such obstacles.

4 socketed monarch with facets yes, you can only get them either plain or magic. The magic ones can have an additional suffix on top of the prefix (that is needed to get 4 sockets on them).
    The famous JMoD is a bit wasted on our zon, since she probably has high dexterity anyway to get higher bow damage, so the increased chance to block isn't needed to reach max block.
    Magic ones in general are dead hard to get hold of, a plain will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NASE View Post
    euh oeps...

Has anyone tried the mid-cost setup? What kind of damage may one expect to find in that setup? And what shield would you advise for someone at nonladder? Spirit seems a bit high cost, rhyme doesn't offer that much. So sanctuary seems like the only usefull one assuming that I want resistance, right - I'm rinding a self found mode at the moment, so ko ko mal will be a problem. Any other suggestions?
    Second, do you really think harmony will underperform compared to wws? I really like harmony so I'll probably be using that one.

P.S. I've heard stories about an Azurewrath on a act 3 merc - to knockback undead. Might be nice to experiment with if you have one.
    I will though it's ladder-only.
    again...
    Oops, ama skills ofc, not only java :smiley:

Harmony and wws are indeed hard to decide between. I'd choice like this:
    strafe = wws
    multi = harmony if I can get a matri one, otherwise wws.

I say strafe knockback should be better in most situations when compared to sanctuary aura. Losing might (and maybe decrep from reapers?) probably hurts your damage more then it's worth, though in a doll area one might consider it further.

In chaos, mele mercs are out of the question. Now seen that I will probably use harmony myself, act 1 mercs are out of the question as I simply don't have any good bow to give them. That leaves mele barb - agian mele is a no go - and that leaves us with act 3 cold mercs, as those are the best.
    That leave us with spirit - I have two of them, though only good for the merc - Last Wish - ladder only and freaking expensive, though comes with might - or something else with an aurea. The only something else thing I've found are those sanctuary aurea's swords.