Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Re: PvM Gunslinger - Physical Bow/Lightning Java Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by mithy View Post
    I bet some of you could answer this...

Im working on my hybridzon, and will be using WWS for LIs. If my merc uses Reapers Toll, will the amplify dmg from WWS and the decripify stack?
    I know a necro cant stack his curses except for attract, but what if the curses are cast by different "chars" (merc & I)?

Thanks!
    They don't stack I'm afraid, however it's still a good way to apply "at least" one for them fast by having both you and your merc proc one.

IncGamers Member

This is a great guide. Thanks for sharing.

I do have a few questions for the people on this board. I was considering maxing out guided arrow (higher damage) for the lighting immune since I figure my lighting fury will kill quicker than multi/strafe. I was also taking into consideration if some punk decides to go hostile. Basically, I was considering somewhat of a PVP/PVM hybrid zon. Here are some of the stats/gear I'm planning to use. Feedback would be most appreciated.

Stats:
    Str: 95 (w/ no gear)..With gear, and charms, I'm hoping it will become 156 to use Pheonix/Stormshield (Plan to switch off)
    Dex: 100 (w/ no gear)..Again with gear, I'm hoping to have decent dmg on bow.
    Vit: Everything else.

Gear:
    Helm: Vamp Gaze
    Weapon: Faith GMB/Titans
    Shield: Stormshield/Phoenix
    Armor: Engima/Fortitude
    Belt: String of ears

I'm just using regular boots and 20% ias gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by yourlocaldj View Post
    This is a great guide. Thanks for sharing.

I do have a few questions for the people on this board. I was considering maxing out guided arrow (higher damage) for the lighting immune since I figure my lighting fury will kill quicker than multi/strafe. I was also taking into consideration if some punk decides to go hostile. Basically, I was considering somewhat of a PVP/PVM hybrid zon. Here are some of the stats/gear I'm planning to use. Feedback would be most appreciated.

Stats:
    Str: 95 (w/ no gear)..With gear, and charms, I'm hoping it will become 156 to use Pheonix/Stormshield (Plan to switch off)
    Dex: 100 (w/ no gear)..Again with gear, I'm hoping to have decent dmg on bow.
    Vit: Everything else.

Gear:
    Helm: Vamp Gaze
    Weapon: Faith GMB/Titans
    Shield: Stormshield/Phoenix
    Armor: Engima/Fortitude
    Belt: String of ears

I'm just using regular boots and 20% ias gloves.
    My guide doesn't really take PvP into consideration. As if a normal hybrid isn't enough, it's even harder making it for PvP, since you'll have to balance even more variables (life and res will have higher priority. If enigma then fcr more important, if not then frw must be high etc etc)

For a bow focused hybrid, try TienJe's guide:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=573409

For a javelin centered pvp hybrid, I'd guess you can build as a pvp javazon and have faith (MB) on switch (the bow can be made into a cta for style points if you wish).

For a balanced pvp hybrid, I'll have to say that I myself don't have enough experience to guide you, and don't know where to direct you. Check the other guides and see if there's anything of interrest, otherwise I guess you'll have to wait for others to respond to the thread you made.

That being said ...
    vamp gaze = you need a better one, griffon's or 45 ias. dr should come from stormshield mostly, then maybe from enigma/belt/ber rune.
    faith GMB = you'd need 95 ias for 7 fpa, go with MB or use better ias gear.
    ss/phoenix = use ss, phoenix doesn't work well in pvp.
    enigma/forti = tele will require high fcr (99 I'd guess ...), both can work though forti is most common on bowzons ofc.
    string = you need a better one, string is only good in lld/mld. Arach = fcr, nos coil = ias, dungo = DR.

Regular boots and 20 ias gloves? Sounds like a low budget pick ... you can't hold back on founds if you wish to pvp, you need to get better then "regular" stuff.

Last edited by Kijya; 17-07-2008 at 11:44.

IncGamers Member

hi there,
    i've read your guide a few times now, and i must say it is one of the most well thought out, organised and interesting ones i have ever read, and have thus decided to settle on it as my next new char/build
    i have a few questions though - bear with me as i am typing this on very little sleep
    i play hardcore and would like to focus on running CS/pits for MF/fun, though i already have a smiter and tk/orb sorc for MFing/ubering etc
    here is my planned setup so far:

Helm: perf kiras w/ 15ias
    Amulet: highlords
    Bow: WF w/ shael
    Javelin: eth titans
    Shield: faceted monarch or perhaps stormshield
    Armor: Fleece/AP fortitude
    Gloves: rare +jav, 20ias etc / loh
    Belt: razortail
    Boots: war travs
    rings: raven, rare dual leech
    Merc: a1 cold faith, delirium, fort

str: 95~ base, depending on torch/anni
    vit: enough for 1.1k-1.2khp unbuffed after charms
    dex: the rest

bow skills: 4prereqs, 1 strafe
    passive: 9 prereqs, 4 pierce(?)
    java/spear: 4prereqs, 20 CS, 20 LF

i can get a hold of an anni/torch relatively easily, and should be able to get a hold of whatever skill charms etc that are necessary for the build.
    i am a little confused as to where i should stick my next skill points however. ive read the entire stickied multi/strafe debate and still cannot make a decision. i am thinking of getting a level 17 valk after +skills just to be a bit on the safe side as ive already mentioned i play hardcore.
    would i be right in assuming that with thie build, LF is used for medium-large(5-6+) packs, multi for medium-large(5-6+) LI packs, strafe for small(2=3) packs or spread out targets, and CS for bosses?
    still new to amazons and still trying go get my head around it all, sorry if the questions have been answered many times before and thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give.

Quote Originally Posted by nerflung View Post
    hi there,
    i've read your guide a few times now, and i must say it is one of the most well thought out, organised and interesting ones i have ever read, and have thus decided to settle on it as my next new char/build
    i have a few questions though - bear with me as i am typing this on very little sleep
    i play hardcore and would like to focus on running CS/pits for MF/fun, though i already have a smiter and tk/orb sorc for MFing/ubering etc
    here is my planned setup so far:

Helm: perf kiras w/ 15ias
    Amulet: highlords
    Bow: WF w/ shael
    Javelin: eth titans
    Shield: faceted monarch or perhaps stormshield
    Armor: Fleece/AP fortitude
    Gloves: rare +jav, 20ias etc / loh
    Belt: razortail
    Boots: war travs
    rings: raven, rare dual leech
    Merc: a1 cold faith, delirium, fort

str: 95~ base, depending on torch/anni
    vit: enough for 1.1k-1.2khp unbuffed after charms
    dex: the rest

bow skills: 4prereqs, 1 strafe
    passive: 9 prereqs, 4 pierce(?)
    java/spear: 4prereqs, 20 CS, 20 LF

i can get a hold of an anni/torch relatively easily, and should be able to get a hold of whatever skill charms etc that are necessary for the build.
    i am a little confused as to where i should stick my next skill points however. ive read the entire stickied multi/strafe debate and still cannot make a decision. i am thinking of getting a level 17 valk after +skills just to be a bit on the safe side as ive already mentioned i play hardcore.
    would i be right in assuming that with thie build, LF is used for medium-large(5-6+) packs, multi for medium-large(5-6+) LI packs, strafe for small(2=3) packs or spread out targets, and CS for bosses?
    still new to amazons and still trying go get my head around it all, sorry if the questions have been answered many times before and thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give.
    Seems you got most everything right.

Gear:
    Should work fine, only thing I could comment on is that your merc doesn't have any life leech. Not 100% necessary since she's a rogue, but having something to fill 'er up after taking a poison attack is still good. CoH can do this for you without loosing deliriums ctc confuse. She doesn't really come anywhere near your damage output, even with a forti, so it's not that big of a deal if she replaces it.
    For charms I firstly reccomend resist (+life if possible) ones until your've maxed your resists (if nessecery), then balance the rest with java skillers (life ones if possible) and max/ar (+life or frw if possible) charms. Really can't say anything more specific about that, it'll depend on your taste as you play her.

Edit: One thing, kiras gives CBF, so a raven isn't 100% mandatory. Still a good ring, but not necessarily the best.

Skills:
    Since you play hardcore the higher valk is a good idea, and for running CS I highly recommend spending some extra points in multi. A couple more points in pierce might be needed to reach 100%. After that I'd just pump CS synergies.

If you have any AR problems (shouldn't be that much of a problem, high dex and the faith merc do provide a decent amount) you can use lava gout gloves for the enchant, or just some good max/ar charms. Spending extra points on penetrate really shouldn't be needed on the high budget wf/faith setup you've listed.

playing style:
    You pretty much hit the nail when to use what skill, in general it's like that. Then of course you may use CS to kill some large non boss targets as well, and multi works fine even on non LI packs when you've invested enough firepower into it.

When encountering a mob with both non LIs and LIs in it I mostly use multi, "I'd need to arrow the LI's anyway some might as well bow them all".
    Multi has a longer effective range then LF, allowing you to spam it in the though of hitting things that are still of screen. I use multi even on just "one" monster when I belive I'll be hitting more monsters that are of screen.

Think the video I made can be adequate as an example, excluding the teleporting it should still show a bit on when to use what:
    http://mygamersvideos.onlinewelten.c.../ZHPuhhQy3rdd/

Last edited by Kijya; 22-08-2008 at 12:53.

IncGamers Member

thanks for the quick response!
    will adopt the suggested changes/suggestions (CoH on merc, res/life/java/max/ar charms and BK instead of raven)
    i should have +5 all skills with the setup so far, so id get:
    3 in pierce for 99%, 12 in valk and 10 in multi.. how many points would you suggest in strafe? and would a few points in the dodge skills to get each to around 50% be a wise decision? seen it mentioned in a few other guides
    thanks again for the help

edit: oh, and the video is just amazing.. cant wait until i can build my char up to something near that level

Quote Originally Posted by nerflung View Post
    thanks for the quick response!
    will adopt the suggested changes/suggestions (CoH on merc, res/life/java/max/ar charms and BK instead of raven)
    i should have +5 all skills with the setup so far, so id get:
    3 in pierce for 99%, 12 in valk and 10 in multi.. how many points would you suggest in strafe? and would a few points in the dodge skills to get each to around 50% be a wise decision? seen it mentioned in a few other guides
    thanks again for the help

edit: oh, and the video is just amazing.. cant wait until i can build my char up to something near that level
    Note that you can cast the valk with java setup (where you'll have 2 extra +skills from titans).
    For strafe I say go for level 8 after skillpoints, never regretted doing so myself.

As for dodgeing, I personally don't play hardcore so can't say it'd be useless for you, but I personally found 1/1/1 enough when using the non tele setup. It's a hotter topic for pure bowzons or hybrids that only use LF, since they have more spare points anyway. Still, you could equip passive skillers temporarly to see if higher d/a/e is for you.

IncGamers Member

im building a hybrid myself but since i lack wealth i have a quick question, things i have atm is WF (6%), Kiras, Atmas, Razortail, Titans, Stormshield/Spirit, Raven, 20 Ias/+2 Java Skill Gloves, Duel leech rare ring 5%LL and 4%ML Highlords, Andys, Torch and WT.

As you can see i dont list a Armor since i dont know what to use, i cant afford runes for a Faith Bow so i need 90 Ias, 40 from bow and 20 from gloves that leaves me 30 ias to gain elsewhere, i plan on having about 150MF on this char also, i get 39 from Gheeds and 47 from WT and have 2*7% SC, my question is what to do, if i strip my other chars i can perhaps afford CoH or Fort but dont want to spend all my wealth on the wrong item, if i go with a runeword i need to change helmet or Amulet and my resist will suffer greatly, and tbh i cant really see a Unique Armor being real good for this build.

I have a few resist charm i can use but i would like to leave some squares free for items i find, and those resist/life charms cost more than the whole setup all together, so those are not a option.

So my question is what setup would be the best.

setup 1
    WF(sheal)
    Titan/Storm/Spirit
    Andys (ias jewel)
    Atmas
    WT
    Raven and rare ring
    Ias Gloves
    Razortail
    CoH or Fort

Or setup 2
    WF(sheal)
    Titan/Storm/Spirit
    Highlords
    Kiras(ias)
    WT
    Raven and rare ring
    ias Gloves
    Razortail
    CoH or Fort

Or setup 3
    WF(Sheal)
    Titan/Storm/Spirit
    Atmas
    Kiras(ias)
    WT
    Raven and rare ring
    ias Gloves
    Razortail
    and then some Unique with Ias jewel in or a runeword i dont know and can afford.

if anyone who have tried some of these setups could point me in the right direction it would be great, and faith cost 2 expensive runes so thats a no go for me, just started playing on ladder 2-3 months ago.

Kind regards Sinnerster.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

man, look no further than treachery. it wont help your lightning side one iota, but it's got everything a bowazon would want.

a good alternative would be a vipermagi. it's what my current bow/jav hybrid is using (though she's not a physical zon at all). i've got mine socketed with an ias jewel to help with that end. when you look at it, it's like a mini coh that you can socket:
    coh:
    65 res
    2skills
    20str
    life leech
    ed% to certain monster types
    it really is the very best choice for an armor for this build, imo. it has everything you need for jav side and only loses out a little ed% vs fort

vipermagi:
    35 res
    1skill
    fcr (really it helps when you're using decoy. i've noticed it before and it's nice)
    socket (great for that missing ias you need.

also worry about res a little less. you're primarily a ranged attacker. sure you have a great CS, but mostly you should be at range. i'd honestly change to an andy's or steelskull. both have ias and leech and nothing beats steelskull for a bowazon looking to increase her mf a bit. andy's has the 2skills as well as the 20ias. i use mine on my gunslinger as it has a huge chunk of str too. i only really miss that it doesnt have mana leech whereas steelskull does.

IncGamers Member

ok ill look that up, its the Assa Armor right?? and will WF do enough dmg without dmg from a armor??

thx for the answer