Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Sara's Rift-a-Sin PVM

Quote Originally Posted by Hcorp View Post
    Sweet guide, I didn't even realise Rift had a use.
    yup.. i use a rift on my auradin.. makes for a interesting time =)

as for this guide, i have to try it.. i have had a ton of fun with blade of fury, and a infinity pole arm. This looks like another fun build, and will be my first kicker to boot =)

Last edited by THRiLL KiLL; 17-03-2008 at 19:36.

I think it's worth mentioning an Artisan's Tower Shield of Deflecting - shoppable, 3 sockets, high blocking. Most of HHG's other mods aren't extravagantly useful, IMO.

Cood call Exile, forgot about that one. Doh!
    There is now a couple of us in the hardcore forum that run this build now and it's all been thumbs up.

Artisans shield of Amicea would also be worth considering. I'm hooked on pdr.

I ended up trying this Sin, and I loved it. Its fun dealing every type of damage in the game, and launching Orb's everywhere. It doesn't even need top high end gear to make work, as I ended up using the following:

Rift/Gerke's (Gerke's PDR/MDR & Res are nice, and great block)
    Hoto/Spirit
    Nightwings (12% no Facet)
    Treachery Mage
    +1 Sin 14 Res Amulet (I need better)
    Drac's
    10 FCR, 60 AR, 4 ML, 27 CR Ring
    Raven
    Tgods
    Up'd Gores
    1 Shadow GC
    20/16 Sin Torch
    11/12 Anni

Basically, while the gear is still pretty good, it is possible to get solo, unlike 3 Ber's, and 4 5/5 Cold Facets. I found Fade makes up for the loss of 65 res from CoH, gives DR% itself, and since Treachery has 45 IAS, you don't need to use BoS, although I miss the FRW. Plus, it gives a level 15 Venom so that saves points in that. Although, you lose trap damage in the end. Hoto can also be switched out for Spirit if needed.

She ended up with the following res in Hell, with both Cold and Light Absorb.

17/75/17/17 - Rift Side
    75/75/79/75 - Rift Side With Fade
    08/75/43/43 - Hoto Side
    70/75/85/75 - Hoto Side With Fade

So I was happy with them. A better Amulet would help too, or charms.

Shes only 80, as I stopped leveling her since I plan to remake her now that I got all the gear and tested her out, but she currently puts out skill wise:

4116 Lighting Sentry
    2454 Death Sentry
    16 SM

Which was more than my old trapper was doing, even being pure Trap. (I kinda never geared up my old trapper well)

In the end, I loved how she turned out. She is also one of the few chars that is enjoyable to walk through the game with, and I play to somewhat when I rebuild her to tweak her stats better.

IncGamers Member

Hey...

I have about all that except a Gerke's, HOTO and Nightwings...

Just wondering if the build can be viable with out...

I have an Enigma instead of the treachery, can use a Spirit instead of HOTO and Shako instead of a Nightwings...

now I know Nightwings is good for added orb damage, but is it necessary? arent they worth a lot? I am not rich, spent all my wealth on the nigma... but tele'ing is nice.

anyway won't the +skills on the Shako help damage on Traps instead of Orb?

I would like a HOTO for skills/resists but need the Vex

anyway could you elaborate on your Skill allocation? since you "saved points" using Treachery (fade + venom)

thanks again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vDEb View Post
    Hey...

I have about all that except a Gerke's, HOTO and Nightwings...

Just wondering if the build can be viable with out...

I have an Enigma instead of the treachery, can use a Spirit instead of HOTO and Shako instead of a Nightwings...

now I know Nightwings is good for added orb damage, but is it necessary? arent they worth a lot? I am not rich, spent all my wealth on the nigma... but tele'ing is nice.

anyway won't the +skills on the Shako help damage on Traps instead of Orb?

I would like a HOTO for skills/resists but need the Vex

anyway could you elaborate on your Skill allocation? since you "saved points" using Treachery (fade + venom)

thanks again!!!!
    You could use Enigma, but there really isn't much of a need IMO. I'd save it for a different character and just use the Treachery. It's cheap, and just as effective. Otherwise, with no BoS/45 IAS Mod you will be hard pressed to find IAS for kicking.

A non-prefect NW shouldn't be to hard to get/find. I had 3, and gave 2 to friends so they could try the build out. Shako could work though. It has the same +2 as NW so traps will be the same, just Orb is a bit lower. I suppose you could even use a Deleirum if you wanted, but i'd try for a NW. Plus NW looks cooler!

For the shield, a 2 Pdiamond Moser's works too, and I used till ~75 when I got the Gerke's. Although, Gerke's aren't hard to come by.

As for Skills, I basically did 20 Talon, 1 in all Shadow skills, rest in LS/syns just like the guide says. But I get a free level 15 Fade/Venom thanks to Treachery. (Although I can prebuff higher if I like).

Quote Originally Posted by AgentMarth View Post
    You could use Enigma, but there really isn't much of a need IMO. I'd save it for a different character and just use the Treachery. It's cheap, and just as effective. Otherwise, with no BoS/45 IAS Mod you will be hard pressed to find IAS for kicking.

A non-prefect NW shouldn't be to hard to get/find. I had 3, and gave 2 to friends so they could try the build out. Shako could work though. It has the same +2 as NW so traps will be the same, just Orb is a bit lower. I suppose you could even use a Deleirum if you wanted, but i'd try for a NW. Plus NW looks cooler!

For the shield, a 2 Pdiamond Moser's works too, and I used till ~75 when I got the Gerke's. Although, Gerke's aren't hard to come by.

As for Skills, I basically did 20 Talon, 1 in all Shadow skills, rest in LS/syns just like the guide says. But I get a free level 15 Fade/Venom thanks to Treachery. (Although I can prebuff higher if I like).
    fade overrides bos = bad

IncGamers Member

Very nice to think of the rift and bypass the delay of the orb by quick melee attacks.

Perhaps even this could also be applied using a paladin with zeal?

How about the runeword Voice of Reason with the following stats:

Code:
    Voice of Reason 	
    4 Socket Swords/Maces 	Lem + Ko + El + Eld 	
    15% Chance To Cast Level 13 Frozen Orb On Striking
    18% Chance To Cast Level 20 Ice Blast On Striking
    +50 To Attack Rating
    +220-350% Damage To Demons
    +355-375% Damage To Undead (varies)
    +50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
    Adds 100-220 Cold Damage
    -24% To Enemy Cold Resistance
    +10 To Dexterity
    Cannot Be Frozen
    75% Extra Gold From Monsters
    +1 To Light Radius
    This will also cast orbs, and some iceblast. And -24% cold resistance helps.

Hey this build looks very cool, i'll try one soon.
    Can anyone make a video?? i will love to see it

Quote Originally Posted by THRiLL KiLL View Post
    fade overrides bos = bad
    If you looked closer, you would notice that I pointed out that with Treachery's 45% IAS, you don't need to run BoS imo. Even then, its not like you could not recast easy enough. Look at any kicker who uses BoS with LW, which has a even higher ctc Fade.

TBH, i prefer Fade over BoS. The res and DR% are a nice touch. Even moreso in HC where I (and Master Zap) made the Rift-a-sin and safety is a wee bit more important then kill power/speed.

@Indecisive - You could switch out the Rift for VoR, but the Orb is lower. Although the -res mod does help a bit. And there is already a guide for a Zealot who uses VoR. Its a nice all around build.