Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Sara's Rift-a-Sin PVM

Vdeb, no simply shift-clicking attacking a named locked monster across the screen does not release orbs. The orbs are released onlywhen attacking a monster within your attack range.

This build actually get more damage types:
    with the amount of plus skill gear you will also have venom, which could be boosted by Trang gloves.

Death sentry does physical and fire damage. Light sentry, physical and the orbs. on top of that we even get some magic damage on each kick.

IncGamers Member

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while... so here goes.

If your max number of kick per dragon talon use is say... 6... and you are kicking a low life monster... say... a quill rat... and you killed the quill rat on the second kick of the series of 6 kicks. Does that mean the remaining 4 kicks won't proc the orb attack ?

Nit picky I know... but I've always wondered.

Jox I'm sure that Master Zap's answer in the post above yours answers that question. If you could proc like that, then I'm sure you'd see alot of sins that just hold shift, kick, and spam orbs everywhere. :grin:

This idea is awesome. I'd say it's one of those "why didn't I think of that" builds. Thanks.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, I will definitely give this one a try too. I have almost all the required gear, but I need to find a 4-socket War Scepter. I also need to complete my current "Rift" builds. Such a versatile little rune word.

BattleTag Equila-2341

Ok, level 89 now and been testing a lot of different setups.

Current solo pvm:
    'Rift' Cade
    Phoenix Monarch 12 / 372% / 18
    NW 20/5 16dex
    Enigma MP
    Dungo 37/15
    Upped Gore Riders
    +2 MA / 20 Ias / 10 CB / 20 Life / 2 Str gloves
    Str + ring / Raven
    Cat's Eye

Inventory:
    Shadow GC's with str/frw/life, 2x 15@/add, 4x Fhr/Ar SC's, 4x 4-5@ SC's,19/13 Anni, 20/15 Torch

With this setup I hit: 20 Fhr, 0 Fcr, 7/3 kicks, 10 fpa traps(5-6 Ias away) when using BoS according to the list.

What I really don't know how to do is getting the last trap bp. Still wondering if I should switch my belt to Nos or resocket the NW with Ias.

Eth Fleshripper/ SS Eld / Arach / Fcr Amy and 1 ring / GS 2x Ias add jewels / Dancers still trying to work out the last things for pvp.

All in all a great build. Hard to keep track of what is actually going on and what's still alive when the flood of kicks/orbs and sentries starts

It is impossible to have 7/3 kicks without having 9 frame trap laying if you use the same weapon switch for both.

BattleTag Equila-2341

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    It is impossible to have 7/3 kicks without having 9 frame trap laying if you use the same weapon switch for both.
    Indeed and weird. I checked the values when I decided my gear but I guess having 2 setups was enough to confuse me.

Old/New: (Just the other way around, and the wrong values. Ehum..)
    95/95 Ias for 7/3
    89/89 Ias for 9 fpa trap laying

Great, level 14 BoS and 50 Ias from gear -> 99 total Ias. Good to know

Now I just need some way to get the last 60ish ress. Can always drop 4x Shadow Skillers for 15@.

Quote Originally Posted by EquiLa View Post
    Indeed and weird. I checked the values when I decided my gear but I guess having 2 setups was enough to confuse me.

Old/New: (Just the other way around, and the wrong values. Ehum..)
    95/95 Ias for 7/3
    89/89 Ias for 9 fpa trap laying

Great, level 14 BoS and 50 Ias from gear -> 99 total Ias. Good to know

Now I just need some way to get the last 60ish ress. Can always drop 4x Shadow Skillers for 15@.
    BoS gives EIAS, not IAS so you can't add them together like that.

I'd use this speed calc for the BPs. Certainly if you use BoS, the required IAS you need with a War scepter is quite low. With a level 7 BoS you'd only need 15 for max kick/traps speed for example.

BattleTag Equila-2341

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    BoS gives EIAS, not IAS so you can't add them together like that.

I'd use this speed calc for the BPs. Certainly if you use BoS, the required IAS you need with a War scepter is quite low. With a level 7 BoS you'd only need 15 for max kick/traps speed for example.
    I'm sure missing a lot. I did notice that the numbers seemed to be a bit off in the charts.

Haven't used the speed calc in some time, was down the last time I checked. Looks like they've updated it some.

Well then, my Rift setup seems fine. Using the Fleshripper and Fade does not however.

Edit: After checking some it seems that I will have a easier time getting the Ress/DR then the ias required. The walk/run speed is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by EquiLa View Post
    Haven't used the speed calc in some time, was down the last time I checked. Looks like they've updated it some.
    Actually it is a new(er) one. The old one is still available, but this one is simply more complete.