Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Sara's Rift-a-Sin PVM

Very nice! I learned several new things...one of the most important being that +% cold damage from Nightwing's and facets does work with elemental damage released from procs. I wasn't aware of that. In fact, that's going to serious affect my thinking about a "Rift" Necro I've been gathering equipment for and my VoR Conviction Zealot rebuild (he was my project this last weekend). I have quite a few pieces of equipment needed to make a Rift-a-Sin, although I'll need to find another Lem to make my "Rift" War Scepter. I have an almost perfect one and an Ormus's Robes w/ cold facet in it on my Frost Nova Sorc. And I'll need an "Infinity"...dang it. I'd better start to trade for more Guls then to cube.

Does this +% and -% cold damage bonus from Nightwing's and facets also work on a Merc? (The reason why I'm asking this is because I might kit a "Rift" Merc for that Necro build I mentioned.)

Also, I was surprised when you mentioned that up to 5 Frozen Orbs can be released by kicks. The best I ever got from my "Rift" Merc (currently on my VoR Zealot) is 3 Frozen Orbs in a row, and I can get up to 3 Frozen Orbs with my VoR on Zeal. 4-5 Frozen Orbs would do a whopping amount of damage at the damage you mentioned.

"Rift" is one of those great overlooked rune words. Almost no one uses it on Bnet, but yet it's so powerful in the right builds.

IncGamers Member

Random quick question, wouldn't a Divine Scepter also work? Higher str req then it's elite counterpart but same base speed.

And to Maiku, yes, +/- works on whichever char is holding it, including mercs.

IncGamers Member

Good to know. For some reason, it had never really occurred to me that the +/- applied to procs. I've been running my VoR Zealot with a near perfect Nightwing's on his head, and it makes a noticeable difference in damage output. On Sara's build, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Zap View Post
    X= Mind Bomb
    ?
    Blast, you mean?

Great guide, sounds like quite a fun build.

IncGamers Member

I have a Trapsin, which is doing well.

I wound up putting all the extra points into Fireblast to deal with LitImmunes.

I don't do Ubers... but that is a different story.

I was just wondering, what is "VoR" that people keep mentioning?

also you obviously use Conviction with Infinity Polearm on Merc correct?

thanks again!

how do u avoid your merc dying from IM ?

Vor stands for Voice of reason runeword and it's similar to that of rift. Rift was choosen for it's higher level chance to cast frozen orb. Vor is viable too.

As for the IM , well there is only a couple spots in the game, the Chaos level and the worldstone. Sometimes the merc dies, I just res it. Most of the time I can play thru im spots without losing the merc. I Keep TP on hotkey, so I can usualy get back to town to clense the IM 90% of the time I'd say.

IncGamers Member

You can also make infinity in a low damage polearm so he cannot kill himself easily. Mine takes 10 hits to kill himself.

However, you probably wouldn't want to go that route unless your merc isn't an important source of damage.

BattleTag Equila-2341

Quote Originally Posted by Leetus View Post
    how do u avoid your merc dying from IM ?
    You should read this thread. It will answer most of your questions.

I will test out this build as soon as I hit some decent level.

Ontopic: Got a full cold sorc setup that I'm not using and a Rift that I can't get sold. Might aswell test it out

Think I will use 20 Venom / 20 DS / 20 Dtalon / 20 Blade Shield(filler) + prereqs. Got a pure pvp trap/kicker already so I want to try a "pure" melee char this time around.

Not sure if I will work in a Beast/Phoenix switch or Enigma yet... Think there's 1 to many things to cover with tele aswell. (CB/OW/Fhr/Kick speed/Venom/Overall damage...)

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input...

so you just keep kicking into groups and watch Orb go off?

I saw you mentioned that "on Attack" means as long as you are pointing to an enemy, clicking, and not actually hitting. would this also work with Blade fury? as well as just being half a screen away and holding "shift" + "attack" click?

and you could potentially start spamming Orb?

are there any other strong characters out there utilizing CtC off of runewords...

i know there are the Dual Dream sorcs out there, but they seem very 1 dimensional as Lit Immunes will be all over them.

I like the Sin because you get Physical dmg + 2 elements. are there any other effective phys+2 or 3 elemental damaging builds?

thanks!!!