Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Re: Sara's Rift-a-Sin PVM

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Hi folks, I have a riftasin in the making and she is level 64 at the moment, and I need some advice.

Considering the fact that I neither have nightwings, cold facets for shields to equip her, are there other viable alternative gear (specifically helm and shield) for this build? Is NW and cold facets a must to make this build viable?
    The K/T sin is viable without "Rift". Therefore, this build is totally viable WITH "Rift" and without facets.

If you don't have the cold spell damage sources, just gear up like a standard K/T 'Sin: Guillaume's Face & Upped Gore Rider boots. Keep Rift, though; it's awesome no matter what.

As far as shields go, it's hard to not pick a good one: Stormshield, Gerke's Sanctuary, "Sanctuary" runeword, or "Rhyme" in a Heater are all end-game shields, depending on your buying/trading/finding abilities. Grim Shields are okay-ish, but Heaters have much better blocking for 'Sins while still being light.

IncGamers Member DemolitionColorScheme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MYK View Post
    The K/T sin is viable without "Rift". Therefore, this build is totally viable WITH "Rift" and without facets.

If you don't have the cold spell damage sources, just gear up like a standard K/T 'Sin: Guillaume's Face & Upped Gore Rider boots. Keep Rift, though; it's awesome no matter what.
    In my opinion, that's not the point ... Taking a Rift-a-sin and ditching the Rift is completely just ignoring the build.
    I disagree. Without the -res (the minus res especially!) you just won't do enough dmg to really get cracking, especially in multi-player games.

However, you are right that you still have your traps and kicks, but even without enough +gear, the traps themselves will be pretty weak.

IncGamers Member

I just wanted to write, that I tried Destruction PB on my rift sin and it was a terrible weapon.

IncGamers Member

I would like to note, that best is to use a superior 4os war scepter with bonus to attack rating, they do exist.
    I made a riftsin using medusa gaze, you can read about it here:
    Krift

IncGamers Member

My rift-sin was actually a convert. She started as a normal dancer and morphed into the ctc machine that she is now. As far as gear goes, right now the only cold boosting gear i have on her is a nightwings and the rift. I didnt want to waste my facets in a plain vanilla shield so i am waiting for a jmod as it wont be a waste of facets if i dont think its more to my liking. It wont lose value no matter what i socket it with so i can wait since im already successful.

As far as my build goes its centered around rift and other ctc gear. Im pumping out orbs, tornadoes, twisters, firestorms like crazy.

Rift warsceptre
    Nightwings
    Chains of Honor
    Stormshield-um'd
    Highlords
    T-gods
    Dracs
    Ravenfrost
    Carrion wind
    19/13 torch
    19/16/9 anni
    2 skill shadow dancers

max cb LW and another ss on switch

Infinity merc.

basic skill point spread
    max talon, venom, Death sentry, Lightning sentry. Dumping into charged bolt to buff my lightning sentry.
    currently have 1 point in all pre-reqs, but also 1 in every shadow skill. I plan on altering that though as i never use psychic hammer, mind blast, or my master or warriors. That will save me a few points right there.

But what i have noticed is that i kill faster with rift almost everywhere except for bosses and the throne, than i do with the LW, which was my normal set up. I usually kill bosses by switching to last wish and just take huge chunks out of their life before swapping back to rift to finish up after i hit the diminishing returns.

I tried the dancers mostly because i had them, and i dint really need any more cb as with the guililames in my stash and my last wish im already at 85%. I do have gores and a pair of double upped gtoes but i honestly do so well without i havent been concerned with switching. With my infinity merc i am able to clear with orbs pretty quickly and what i cant kill with that 1 Death sentry destroys any leftovers.

-In response to a couple of posts up- A kicker is certainly viable without a rift. The rift though, IS what makes the rift sin. It is my experience that cold boosting gear is not entirely necesssary though. Now this may not be true if your merc is not wielding the mighty infinity. I went ahead and wore the nightwings as its bonuses outweighed the bonuses from my other helm since i swapped main weapons. So i wouldnt fret on worrying about the cold gear. Once you acquire the rift your on your way, and can be successful.

IncGamers Member

Re: Sara's Rift-a-Sin PVM <****** src=http://hkbbs.hehagame.com/cache/ads/google.htm

Makes me kinda wish that I have a NW handy somewhere, but the fact remains that I don't. Infinity for a merc just isn't possible in SP for me right now.

IncGamers Member

If you were on nonladder id hook you up with a nightwings

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    If you were on nonladder id hook you up with a nightwings

This thread is over 1 year old mate.

IncGamers Member

Yeah i seen a response on tapatalk, its been a while since ive been on the forums,. I didnt even nptice that it was 2012/9/11 when the response happened. I was trying to be helpful though and offer gear i had extra, no need to bist my chops

Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    Yeah i seen a response on tapatalk, its been a while since ive been on the forums,. I didnt even nptice that it was 2012/9/11 when the response happened. I was trying to be helpful though and offer gear i had extra, no need to bist my chops

Everything has its reasons, yours being one of the few legit ones.
    Did not mean any harm, sorry.