Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs down Re: Diablo 1 ending. (Spoilers)

Please go watch Terror's End cinematic.
    Unless I am mistaken, I always understood it that Marius carried Baal's soulstone and that Diablo's was destroyed.

Re: Diablo 1 ending. (Spoilers)

The end cinematics do show both Diablo's and Mephisto's stones being destroyed. The end of Diablo II also shows Baal reclaiming his shattered soul stone fragment. However, the ending of LoD does not even hint at Baal's soul stone being destroyed after he is defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by SmittySixTen View Post
    Here's the difference. The hero from Diablo I drove the soul stone inside of him, much like Tal Rasha. By doing so, the hero took on the task of trying to contain Diablo within himself, as Tal Rasha had done with Baal. Once the hero from Diablo I did this, Diablo was able to gain control of his physical body the same way he did with King Leoric's son. No hero in Diablo II ever tries to contain any of the three prime evils (unless it is done after Baal is defeated, but we don't know--Baal is the only one this could happen with, as the other two stones are shown being destroyed). They simply detstory both Mephisto's and Diablo's soul stones, long before either could have regained enough strength to begin corrupting anyone, which is what had happened in both Kurast and Tristram over a long period of time.

The reason Baal was not able to roam free like Diablo is because he was retrained by magically imbued chains. There's no doubt that Tal Rasha had succumbed to Baal's influence long before he was released by Diablo, but he could not escape his imprisonment without the help of Diablo. Baal was unable to corrupt anyone around him due to the fact he was held captive in his tomb, in a remote area.
    This is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by raishi View Post
    also as i recall diablo's soulstone wasn't taken to the forge only mephistoes...and the hammer disappears after you break it...
    Terror's End cinematic.

Diablo looked a lot scarier in number 1. Now he looks like a bigger, but nicer demon.

IncGamers Member ohnoyellowdinosaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    It just wouldnt seem right with a rouge or Sorcerer being possesd by the stone since they look to physically weak to contain Diablo.

I think Diablo was in full control from the start when he jammed the soul stone into his forhead.
    I may be wrong about this, but I read somewhere that the sorcerer is actually the summoner in act two and that the rogue is blood raven.

IncGamers Member
    Well, it appears that the wise forum crew of Diablo.net have answered more than my questions, for that I can only give my greatest thanks.. I always thought that Blood-Raven was the Rogue from Diablo 1, but lets be honest... It wasn't much of a surprise, she was a Rogue, not a hero or sacred sage like the sorcerer you are given to play as... If you look into it Rogues are basicly there for self-gain, and simply from the tone in her voice (Glynnis Talken) we can tell that she is not exactly "Hero" material.. So it would make sense that Diablo could take control of her without the use of the soul-stone's seduction.

As for the Sorcerer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYpz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC9ajvJ8jM4

Watch both videos... After he sticks the stone in his head take a look at the two different skin-tones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiEi_IRGKdA Errrr... Scratch that!

From what I remember, who Blood Raven and the Summoner are was never specifically said within the game. I'll admit that I had guessed at the possibility they were the rouge and sorcerer from the first game, but the text of the game itself never say that is who they are. It's equally as possible (or even more possible) that Blood Raven was just a powerful rouge and the summoner was just a powerful sorcerer.

IncGamers Member

Didn't the game text say that the Summoner himself created Arcane Sanctuary centuries ago? I mean then it'd be kind of odd for him to suddenly turn black, sneak attack Diablo at Tristram, then turn white again and crawl back into his space... Or wait, actually that doesn't really sound any less sensical than anything in Diablo universe! He certainly has motive to off Diablo, he could've used the skin colour as a distraction. Or, Diablo drove him insane by overloading his brain with Michael Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by oodjob View Post
    Pardon that mix up. However, you still dodged the question. :wink3:
    And actually, we do not even know for sure whether we are fighting the true form of Baal or not(although it does obviously change a bit from when the three Prime Evils are gathered and when you see Baal in LoD), however, you can never be too sure.
    It's not so much that they cant get to the hellforge, more that they dont know it exists, the hero is not a character of great knowledge, he usually just bothers a rather young and ginger dekard cain about theses things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantek View Post
    Didn't the game text say that the Summoner himself created Arcane Sanctuary centuries ago? I mean then it'd be kind of odd for him to suddenly turn black, sneak attack Diablo at Tristram, then turn white again and crawl back into his space... Or wait, actually that doesn't really sound any less sensical than anything in Diablo universe! He certainly has motive to off Diablo, he could've used the skin colour as a distraction. Or, Diablo drove him insane by overloading his brain with Michael Jackson.
    LoL

The game also states that the Summoner you actually encounter is an impostor, and that the real Summoner likely died long ago.

Kashya explains that Blood Raven was one of her finest captains - therefore she was likely already stationed at the Monestary as a Rouge either before, at the time of, or after D1, therefore it is a possibility, however, if the Rouge Hero in D1 was to actually put the soulstone in her head, she would become the Wanderer, not Blood Raven. Doesnt really matter though anyway.
    The Summoner, as Smitty pointed out, is an imposter who is acting like Horazon, Tal Rasha's brother, both who were alive a long time ago. Therefore the Summoner (imposter) is quite old, and has spent quite a long time slowly corrupting the Arcane Sanctuary. He has been around at least as long as Baal has been imprisoned (or very close to that time).
    Now then, still no one has answered my question:
    Are we fighting the real form of Mephisto and Baal or not?
    I am pretty sure Mephisto's version is still a warped version of Sankekur's body, however, Baal I have no idea. Anyone?