Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Giga's 1.11 Ladder Hammerdin Guide!

i think when you tele to the enemy, a1 merc cant tank as well and she will be getting beat up

quick q. i have pretty much everything on the expensive side, except for a hoz (nig hoto ararch shako), with which i have a lidless for now. why do i die tho? it seems like i dont leech life. am i supposed to be leeching life?

Quote Originally Posted by kriptiks View Post
    quick q. i have pretty much everything on the expensive side, except for a hoz (nig hoto ararch shako), with which i have a lidless for now. why do i die tho? it seems like i dont leech life. am i supposed to be leeching life?
    Nope, not with blessed hammers at least. Make sure you use the redemption aura whenever you are getting low on life and have corpses around.

You shouldn't use lidless, even if you opt for 75% fcr and plan to get a HoZ later you should use some paladin-shield base spirit as a temp - it's much better than lidless.

IncGamers Member

icic. okay ty.

and yeha, i switched lidless for an alma negra for the moment. cant seem to get apally shield with enough rsts to make a spirit out of. and im looking for hoz right now.

icic. okay ty.

and yeha, i switched lidless for an alma negra for the moment. cant seem to get apally shield with enough rsts to make a spirit out of. and im looking for hoz right now.
    Spirit runes are cheap, and ANY spirit is better for a hammerdin than the shields you decided to use, 2 skills, huge fhr bonus, mana, vitality and resistances - it's just too good not to be used Seriously, roll any spirit in any 4 socket shield you find (preferably sacred targe if you want to stat for max block before you switch to HoZ).

IncGamers Member

im looking at dumping around 203 total dex including equip so before i spend the points---did i figure it out right (sheild block rating+holysheild)/(dex-15)/levelx2

and can (sheild block rating+holy sheild) be more than 75%?

im using a sheild with block of40% by itself (spirit w/ huge resists)

so here goes
    (40+36)(203-15)/95x2
    76x188/190
    75.2 chance to block

or do i dump spirit and get a hoz

rez on spirit is 80/80/46/80 fcr29

i understand im asking again but does anyone have an answer please

IncGamers Member

sounds like a lot of dex. but no, shields block tops at at 75. for all shields.

anyways, so now i have my hoto, hoz, shako, arach, 2x sojs, sandstorm, magefists, maras, nig, 3x pcombs, and i still manage to die? why cant i survive in ubers?

Quote Originally Posted by pinov View Post
    im looking at dumping around 203 total dex including equip so before i spend the points---did i figure it out right (sheild block rating+holysheild)/(dex-15)/levelx2

and can (sheild block rating+holy sheild) be more than 75%?

im using a sheild with block of40% by itself (spirit w/ huge resists)

so here goes
    (40+36)(203-15)/95x2
    76x188/190
    75.2 chance to block

or do i dump spirit and get a hoz

rez on spirit is 80/80/46/80 fcr29

i understand im asking again but does anyone have an answer please
    That looks like too much dex - i have max block on my hammerdin with 161 dex from stats and gear (with 15 added dex statted so that I can maintain max block while switching rings).

What's the base of your spirit shield? You should aim for sacred targe - it will save you some stats.

IncGamers Member LongingForDeath's Avatar

but no, shields block tops at at 75. for all shields.
    Just to make this more clear: You can't have more than 75% chance to block, no matter which shield you use and how many points you put into dexterity. Even with Holy Shield active, your shield will never show you a higher than 75% chance to block. However, if you use for example a Sacred Targe (60% ctb) and have Holy Shield (say 30% ctb) active, your chance to block will be calculated as if you had 90% chance to block on the shield. Your overall chance is still capped at 75%, though.

IncGamers Member

sounds like a lot of dex. but no, shields block tops at at 75. for all shields.

anyways, so now i have my hoto, hoz, shako, arach, 2x sojs, sandstorm, magefists, maras, nig, 3x pcombs, and i still manage to die? why cant i survive in ubers?
    I did many dkey runs and tried both spirit and hoz. I died more on hoz even it has more def and resist. The key for me was fhr, especially when teleporting into mobs. With hoz my pally spent much time recovering and cast fewer hammers. I used wt which did not give any fhr. You use trek so at least you have 20fhr. But yeah try spirit and see if that improves your survival.

Well, i got some opinions when it comes to mercenary gear:

Stone Armor - I think this works really good on my light sorc merc and i bet it would work good on a hammerdin merc, insane FHR, res, high defence, defence vs missile, +str, +dex well it got it all.

Tal Mask - A really nice helm for a merc, 10% Life leech which is really nice, fair defence, life and some resistances, socket it with a Perfect Amethyst if your merc dont have enough str for a specific weapon like Infinity/Insight CV or just socket it with a perfect ruby for the life.