Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Giga's 1.11 Ladder Hammerdin Guide!

Quote Originally Posted by cpostma View Post
    Great guide, thank you for posting.

I must be doing something wrong. My Hdin is only doing 4k damage at level 77 and he has +18 skills (in addition to having all the relevant skills maxed). I have concentration on, am casting blessed hammer.. What am I doing wrong? I thought I should be at atleast 10k damage at this point?
    Something there is wrong....I do 8k with only +12 to blessed hammer, +10 off auras.

Are you sure you maxed the right synergies/skills? Thats off....way off...

IncGamers Member

Ok I got my Hdin working right now.

He is level 85 with 125% FCR / 86% + FHR and 14k damage. Definitely a power house. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solo run chaos with 8 people? I tried the other day, and while I did it, I died a few times. I've seen some Hdins who just fly through it. Is there a strategy? What is a good alternative merc that won't die there?

Thanks guys.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by cpostma View Post
    Ok I got my Hdin working right now.

He is level 85 with 125% FCR / 86% + FHR and 14k damage. Definitely a power house. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solo run chaos with 8 people? I tried the other day, and while I did it, I died a few times. I've seen some Hdins who just fly through it. Is there a strategy? What is a good alternative merc that won't die there?

Thanks guys.
    A good alternative would be whatever that doesn't use melee (A3?) but for chaosing, most people don't use mercs as far as I know. Just tele and hammer, avoid getting in the middle of a pack and you should be good

IncGamers Member

What should I do with the Extra early skill points? A few of them
    i put into Holy Bolt. -To heal a friend tanking in the Maggot Lair.- I still have one or two left over. Though, I only just started the character, I'm at level 8. I've never used a Hammerdin.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kryyn View Post
    i put into Holy Bolt. -To heal a friend tanking in the Maggot Lair.- I still have one or two left over. Though, I only just started the character, I'm at level 8. I've never used a Hammerdin.
    It doesn't really matter as long as you plan on getting to a high level and getting all the skills.

Health pots > Holy Bolt

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kryyn View Post
    I saved my spare skill points untill i could use them on a key skill/synergy. At lvls 12/18 they soon got used up.

Thanks for the guide Plain english with abbreviations explained and none of this 733t spk which plagues far too many forums.

nice guide, same as i would have done it

also nice info on bp tables

Hey there, a very nice guide. It's actually the motivator that I needed to finally build my own hammerdin... as I usually only play Necromancers :grin:

One error in the guide, though. You mention Sandstorm Treks as your preferred boot for STR and DEX, but Treks give STR and VIT...

Usually, to hit 125% FCR with my necros, I use HoTo, max Spirit, Trang's, Arach, and one 10% FCR ring. This leaves Mara's and Shako as Amulet / helm, which is infinitely more affordable than trying to go for a crafted ammy or 2/20/2 circlets. The price difference is absolutely huge.

Unfortunately, it seems that if you decide to go with HoZ / HoTo, you will need both of the über-expensive items on the list, plus two 10% FCR rings to hit the 125% breakpoint. It might be just me, but that extra frame can make all the difference in the world when it comes to caster speed, so I can't really see HoZ as viable except to the highest echelon of rich players.

But, seeing as how I'm a Necro player at heart, any random Paladin commentary from me may not be on the mark. Thanks again for the guide!

Good guide. I thought it was funny that you said FoH'ers and trappers were cheap and BM but that desynching hammerdins were A'ok, though. :rolleyes:

I will however say that this guide seems a bit useless ATM. 50% of b-net consists of hammerdins with the exact same gear and as such, there are already plenty of guides out there, although I must say, this one is one of the best I have seen.

Thanks for the guide. I've read a few and this one seemed to me to explain things the best. I'm working on my first ever hammerdin now based off this guide... Everything is self found (I have a MF sorc to hunt items)... Vipermagi, HoZ, Wizzy and so on. I do not have access to the super-high items, but I will say even with lower-tier equipment this character is a killing machine.